ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• brady2827
    Original poster 32 posts

In this review, I will go over the details of American Legends, released in March 2022 as part of an update to The Crew 2.

A New Motorflix Season: American Legends

This season of Motorflix involves going around following the stories of legends that defined what they are. Taking us across each notable location in the USA: the clues we are left with, the stories told by those who made them legends, the unexpected, as well as the plainly obvious; we are rewarded for our efforts to uncover these legends that define history, one step at a time.

The first step per story is always the most obvious; you simply must find the location according to the photo taken at said location. From there, you must travel to the next location without using Fast Travel and using the required vehicle type (some steps involve using any type of vehicle).

This season introduces 16 short stories, 8 medium stories, and 8 long stories, with varying rewards for each of them:

1. The Short Stories awards followers and bucks for completing them. They are basic, quick and simple, and are divided into 3 steps for each of them. There are 16 short stories to take part in.
    2. The Medium Stories awards followers and a themed vanity item for completing them. They are much longer however, divided into 8 steps for each of them. There are 8 medium stories to take part in.
    3. As for the Long Stories, they represent the most effort put in – as well as followers, completing a long story will award us with a vehicle. Divided into 12 steps, they take the longest amount of time to complete. There are 8 long stories to take part in.

The stories can only be completed once, so bear that in mind when doing them.

The Vehicles introduced in the American Legends update

This season contains 27 new vehicles, divided into 2 episodes: 15 for episode 1, and 12 for episode 2.

Vehicles introduced in episode 1

Vehicles that can be purchased with either bucks or crew credits, in order of their availability:
    -         Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (Hardtop Model) - Hypercar
    -         Ford Crown Victoria Interception Unit – Street Race
    -         Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing – Aerobatics

Vehicles that are restricted to Motorpass S5 E1 in order of Motorpass level progression:
    -         Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 Gold Nugget Edition – Hypercar
    -         Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Awaken Edition – Street Race
    -         Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) Splatter Edition – Street Race
    -         Ford Mustang GT Fastback Stunt Edition – Street Race

Vehicles awarded for completing the Long Stories, in order of the stories’ availability:
    -         Porsche 550 Spyder – Street Race
    -         Jaguar E-Type Series 1 Coupe The Champion Edition – Street Race
    -         Beechcraft Model 17 Staggerwing – Air Race
    -         Plymouth Road Runner La Verde Edition – Street Race

Vehicle awarded to platinum finishers of the American Bikers Live Summit:
    -         Indian Scout The Cruiser Edition – Street Race

Vehicles initially available in Elite Bundle #10 (later released individually):
    -         Infiniti Q60 Project Black S Concept – Street Race
    -         KTM X-Bow GTX – Hypercar
    -         Koenigsegg CCGT – Touring Car

Vehicles introduced in episode 2

Vehicles that can be purchased with either bucks or crew credits, in order of their availability:
    -         Kawasaki Z1000 ABS – Touring Bike
    -         Mclaren Senna - Hypercar

Vehicles that are restricted to Motorpass S5 E2 in order of Motorpass level progression:
    -         BMW I8 Roadster Stellar Edition – Street Race
    -         Chevrolet Camaro SS Bend Edition – Street Race
    -         Proto Lucky-One – Hypercar
    -         KTM X-Bow GT4 Raw Edition – Touring Car

Vehicles awarded for completing the Long Stories, in order of the stories’ availability:
    -         Pontiac GTO – Street Race
    -         Nissan 300ZX (Z32) – Street Race
    -         Spyker C8 Aileron All-In Edition – Street Race
    -         Nissan Fairlady Z 432 (PS30) Under The Stars Edition – Street Race

Vehicle awarded to platinum finishers of the Muscle Tour Live Summit:
    -         Dodge Challenger R/T Riff Edition – Street Race

Vehicle awarded to platinum finishers of the Night Shift 2 Live Summit:
    -         Nissan 300ZX (Z32) Kaido-Ou Edition - Street Race

There are many additions I like, chiefly the Koenigsegg CCGT, largely because it’s the first vehicle in TC2 to have proper “Responsive” handling, something I’ve been wanting for many years. It’s ability to do fast cornering is a tad lower than the other Touring Cars, but that’s an acceptable trade-off; I favor responsive handling any day. It’s this responsive handling that allowed me to set personal best times in several Touring Car USST time trials, mainly Stage 1- East.

The infiniti Q60 Project Back S Concept meantime, is also a good vehicle. Comparing it to several other vehicles in the Street Race discipline, it holds itself well in Street Race events. But I think it’s 7th gear needs to be much taller.

Other additions: I like the Pontiac GTO, though I would’ve preferred the ’65 model instead of the ’66. I kinda like the 300ZX (Z32), and I also like the Mclaren Senna, Porsche 550 Spyder, and the first Proto vehicle to be added to the Hypercar discipline: the Lucky-One.
    All-In all, the vehicle list is pretty good overall.

New events, if any, at all

The American Legends update adds only one new event in the form of Flashback: Japan, using The Middle Of Nowhere Street Race event as a template. Prior to this, I was wondering why all the outside rails went missing. But when this new event got released, I realized why they went missing. If the outside rails were kept in place, it would have potentially caused havoc with putting the new Ultra-Mooded event together.

The event itself is a pixelated version of several Japanese landmarks visible in the event: like Mount Fuji, the stone animal statues, the waterfalls, the lakes, the signage, the buildings, the mountains; the list goes on and on. A pixelated Japanese theme plays throughout the event.

As shown by world-record holders, the event is completed faster due to some sections being highly modified, being a lot faster compared to The Middle Of Nowhere. And the reduced bucks and followers payout justifies it.

I like this event because it’s looks beautiful in places, particularly the music, but what boggles my mind is that this event is located in the middle of the desert! Why they decided to put Flashback: Japan in the middle of the desert, I’ll never know, but let’s face it, there are other Ultra-Mooded events that are held in the most unexpected places.

A minor note: Flashback: Japan’s loot earned from the event seems to use the old loot payout system before it was completely overhauled with the release of the USST Update. It currently drops a minimum of two for Flashback: Japan, whereas it should drop three.

Other Changes with the American Legends update

I was relieved that handling updates are being looked into for vehicles in TC2. The Three RallyCross vehicles listed in the patch notes was the first step towards achieving a better driving experience in terms of handling. The development team asked for feedback: my feedback is that of a positive one.

The signage of highway signs has removed the Digital-style font and replaced with the correct font.

For error codes, the 3_9314296d_78 error code did not appear for me when recalibrating affixes for performance parts on vehicles for this update, but a new variant of it popped up at least once: 3_f54be3f0_78. I should stress, however - the error code never popped up when doing up the new vehicles introduced in the update, but when doing up older vehicles added from previous updates – especially those that were part of TC2 since release – the new variant of said error code came up during the recalibration process.

An undocumented change occurred for New York Hypercar, where two extra checkpoints were added to finally close off the infamous Yosemite shortcut. That’s the first step to closing off any and all unscrupulous shortcuts found in the event.

My last thoughts, and the future ahead

I think this update is a great one. For what it is, the addition of stories has given me – and everyone else involved – a new way to uncover and visit places that never seem to get the attention they deserve. The new vehicles are also good, the new ultra-mooded event is a good addition, and the various other changes and fixes have improved TC2 as a whole.

I give this update a very favorable 4 out of 5.

As for what lies ahead, the 60FPS update is surely something many fans have been asking for since the release of the ninth-generation consoles (PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S). I also anticipate it.

Motorflix Season 6: Dominion Forsberg is coming thick and fast, so it’s time to prepare for its upcoming arrival.

Author: brady2827

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics