ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ingel_Riday
    Original poster 31 posts

Sorry for cluttering up the forums, but I wanted to say thank you for the 60 fps patch. I have already beaten Assassin’s Creed: Origins on the PlayStation 4 and the PC; it’s a genuine masterpiece, and I’ve used the patch to justify playing it a third time on the Xbox Series X. I’m glad I did, too. It’s just as fun as ever and the game now holds steady at 60 fps more than 99.9% of the time. I get occasional dips in heavy-load areas (Alexandria [especially in the canals under the royal palace], Memphis, etc.), but nothing too egregious. It’s pretty darn solid!

I’m normally a bit of a negative [censored], truth be told, but racking my brain about AC: Origins only results in: A. I wish you could lock weapons so they didn’t appear in the sell / deconstruct menus and B. I wish there was a little more soft-target lock so that Bayek didn’t swing at air so much in melee combat (the target lock-on alleviates the swinging at air, but it’s really only good for one-on-one fights).

That’s it. The gameplay, the graphics, the soundtrack, the voice acting, the face captures, the character animations (it's simply stunning how many side-quests have custom motion-capture animations), the custom locations (no two camps or hideouts are the same), the ambitious scope, and the overall level of polish… Ubisoft Montreal did an incredibly job with this game and I’m profoundly grateful to experience it a third bloody time.

It’s a shame the trial of the gods community challenges are now turned off and new players will never be able to get the associated three weapons and shield, but maybe you’ll make a relatively cheap DLC for that to make them available to new customers while raking in another $1.99 per purchase. One can hope. 😛

Regardless, thank you again. Man, seeing Bayek again was a good time. I can’t sing your praises enough on this title. Just amazing, even after a collective 300+ hours. When Ubisoft is firing on all cylinders, I don’t think it has an equal.

But enough of my fanboy rubbish. Whole-hearted thanks and good-day!

Edit addition: also, as a silly addition, if you ever do create a second Bayek game, consider me first in line for pre-ordering. He is such a full-fledged, complex character. A genuinely good dude, if you'll pardon my slang. I adored my time with that man. The voice actor really nailed the role and the writers did a great job with the dialogue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics