ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 551 posts

https://t.co/om9rE6JUGx": (https://t.co/om9rE6JUGx%22)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Sir_0v3rk1ll
    132 posts

@suspiciouspixel are they talking about the crashing? Because if they are, that is wonderful news.

• WrecK3rr
    382 posts

Glad to know.

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 551 posts

@sr_0v3rk1ll yes

• suschunga
    496 posts
    PC stability issues has been identified

You mean they only just noticed? 😲

Good to hear a fix is coming, even if it's annoying it's taken this long.

• WrecK3rr
    382 posts

I'm thinking at least two months before something actually gets deployed.
    They said it is planned to be deployed with the apparel event, which comes with TU16, which has a PTS in August.
    And who knows how long the PTS goes. I guess September if not later.

• suschunga
    496 posts
    They said it is planned to be deployed with the apparel event, which comes with TU16

Street Activation is the delayed apparel event for Season 9, so it'll have to go live in July or early August.

• Sock_Monkey
    560 posts

Not that it matters, but the engineer in me is curious what the issues was/is.

I am sure they won't tell us, though...

• tcarlisle2012
    206 posts

@sock_monkey

--- const bool shouldCrashOnPcAfter8Minutes = true;
    +++ const bool shouldCrashOnPcAfter8Minutes = false;

• Sock_Monkey
    560 posts
  • fredchocolate
    27 posts

"The most predominant issue...."

The most predominant issue to me is the quality control...........since day 2 of release.

Releasing 2 HIGHLY anticipated events at the same time no less is bound to have unintended consequences. None of them are going to be well received no matter how well intentioned.

Perhaps the lead person will have one of those moments of profound insight and release one event at a time.

Hint: PC crash issue first. The apparel event files are bound to interact wonky and the PC player will really lose faith. Fix an issue that has been ignored until now... well that would be something wouldn't it.

• Maliarto
    25 posts

What issues exactly though? That's what I want to know.

• AgentMikel
    222 posts
    @suspiciouspixel are they talking about the crashing? Because if they are, that is wonderful news.

Are they talking about the crashing STARTED FROM MARCH OF 2021!? 🤔

• Imagine_Brata
    754 posts
    Are they talking about the crashing STARTED FROM MARCH OF 2021!?

I do not know because I do not have a potato computer with major crashes. The only few crashes I have are when windows update or Nvidia has updates in the background. otherwise no crashes and has always played dx12

• Sock_Monkey
    560 posts

@imagine_brata Um, my computer is far from a "potato," seeing as I build my own every 12-18 months or so and with only the best of everything. The PC itself is also rock-solid, with literally the only piece of software (across three 2-TB SSDs) crashing being Div 2. The only one.

So yeah, rather than thinking you have a better machine, instead consider yourself just plain lucky.

It goes without saying Ubi acknowledges the same.

• tcarlisle2012
    206 posts

@sock_monkey It's amazing how times have changed! I was not aware that a AMD 5950x 16-core 4ghz CPU, with 64GB 3200Mhz memory, and an RTX-3060 was a potato. I guess it is time to upgrade so The Division 2 will stop crashing.

@Imagine_Brata Thanks for the fix! Can you tell me what I need to buy in order to not be a potato computer with major cashes? I am so glad I checked in to these forums and this thread. Let me know, because I have another tab open with Amazon ready to order what you determine is the requirement.

But, if it doesn't fix the problem, you will reimburse me, right?

To be fair, in most game forums the instability issues are not very real, and are just brought to the forum by people that have no clue how to build/manage PCs properly. People who overclock without any idea what they are doing, and have never even heard of stress & stability testing.

But this game? This forum? The problems are very real, have persisted for a very long time, and are completely on the studio's end to resolve.

• Imagine_Brata
    754 posts

@tcarlisle2012 What I mean by potato computer is all junk programs like Msi afterburner, rgblight, fan programs and more. The worst I had were Asus own programs, the drivers were not microsoft certified.
    So my laptop is very stable after I uninstalled all the junk progrm. And I uninstalled them 3 years ago.

• Sock_Monkey
    560 posts

@imagine_brata Uh, those of us who BOO (Build Our Own) never had that stuff from the get go.

Lean and mean is how my stuff has always run - going on 37 years now (time since I built my first one).

• Imagine_Brata
    754 posts

@sock_monkey

Lean and mean is how my stuff has always run - going on 37 years now (time since I built my first one).

I know I always built my computers myself before. I built in my first Amiga 500 with a PC Big Tower case it was fun.

• Sock_Monkey
    560 posts

@imagine_brata Well, then you know that the issue with Div 2 stability is not "junk programs" - unless you are using that descriptor for Div 2.

As mentioned, even Ubi confesses it's their issue and that a fix will be rolled out soon, so the issue if Div 2 itself. Period.

Suggested Topics