ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    Original poster 368 posts

Alright.

Open World - Heroic
    Implementing the No Respawn mechanic in Heroic missions to Heroic open world.
    Agents in groups of two or more are unable to respawn when killed. The only way for agents to be brought back into action is if the rest of the group is killed, resulting in a wipe or if they're revived.

Dark Zone

Strongly believe Dark Zones in The Division 2 should be No Respawn Zones, having the No Respawn mechanic. (Similar to Heroic missions) Once an agent is killed, they cannot just respawn. In order for downed agents to be brought back to action, they must be revived or the rest of the group must be killed before they can respawn.

Implementing this mechanic would greatly change the dynamic and gameplay of Dark Zones while enforce the brutal, unforgiving nature of Dark Zones. It would enhance and amplify the intensity of PvP engagements. Getting killed would be more punishing, as dying in the DZ often benefits the player who gotten killed. In would increase the challenge of surviving manhunts. Instead of a manhunt target getting killed and then respawning away from the action to clear the manhunt, the remaining manhunt targets must fight to revive their group member(s). This same ideology applying to grouped SHD agents. SHD and rogue groups fighting against eachother to revive any squad mates, instead of engagements turning into running simulator, agents running away while they wait for their group members to respawn.

I overwhelming believe these both should be considered and implemented. They're simple, yet effective changes that completely alter the dynamics and intensity of gameplay.

What do you guys think?

Pros and cons?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    This post is deleted!
  • RaciaIAdhesive-
  • HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@raciaiadhesive whilst i agree the pvp in the dz is dull asf with all the running away, what you going to do with solos? The pvpve enviroment isnt set up for a hardcore type combat with no respawns or delayed ones, players couldnt even get their heads around the initial occuoied dz where if you shoot another agent you instantly turn rogue so i doubt people would go for this. I think what you're suggesting would slow play down significantly to the point of it being boring. Im not however saying its not something worth exploring as it can always be an option added in.

Imagine if you die early on but your group stay alive another 20 minutes, what you meant to do? Watch your body on the ground for 20 minutes? Its something that may work in conflict better as a hardcore mode but realistically, they're not going to impliment anything in pvp and at best you'll see a few new legendaries, maybe a bit of a rework on the difficulty, but that'll be it

• Aced_100
    207 posts

I've always said that once you die you die, why should players in groups be able to revive one another when no one revives you when you play solo. You can play Legendary in a group and get killed time after time and still complete the mission, solo no chance?

• RaciaIAdhesive-

@honestlyok1986 Not too sure if I agree. On one end, that's a good point if you get killed there's a chance players may be stuck spectating for a while, but overall, I don't just see players leaving group members behind like that, as it would be more beneficial for the group to make efforts to revive downed group members.

Dark Zones are suppose to be unforgiving and I strongly believe making DZs no respawn zones would greatly compliment the nature of DZs. Even with this change, it still would not be as brutal as games like Escape From Tarkov or even The Cycle.

BUT

considering players have been suggesting ways to mitigate PvP from DZs, I just see this change sticking, which is unfortunate. I really think it would be a great change for DZs and Heroic open world.
    It would be neat to see this idea explored or even tried on a test server.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@raciaiadhesive personally i think they should just return to timers on being rogue and being manhunt. Once you're manhunt you can keep resetting the timer by continuing to fight like you do when just rogue, or you can turn it off for a reward thats not completely crap like it is currently. They got rid of the timer as people kept losing the manhunt due to time running out but you wont lose a manhunt due to time if you get 5 minutes on manhunt timer and it takes like 2 mins to run all the way across any dz...they also need to remove you going back manhunt when you respawn on the other side of the map and retuen it to how td1 is where you can get your manhunt back when in proximity of your team mate who has kept the manhunt going.

Your suggestion could work in a more hardcore enviroment but the dz is already at challenging difficulty so i doubt it will be increased any time soon. If you want a more hardcore team deathmatch type experience it has to be conflict. Where something like this as an additional mode for something thats not the exact same thing weve had since launch would be welcomed

• RaciaIAdhesive-

@aced_100 100% Agree.

• RaciaIAdhesive-

@honestlyok1986 Didn't get to play much Division 1 DZ, but I do like the idea that dead players coming back had to be in proximity of their group members to regain manhunt status. Not sure why that was changed.

Pretty annoying how a manhunt player(s) can be killed, respawn across the DZ, then clear a manhunt.

Just yesterday, 3 of the 4 manhunts were killed, they each spawned at checkpoints away from everyone else and ended up clearing while the last guy was running away.

Even if players stopped chasing the last guy, it near impossible to reach the terminal that the manhunt players spawned next to.

I really like the proximity idea, hope we see that come back.

Suggested Topics