ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 428 posts

First of all a Big massive Thank You!! to any developer that is helping creating these Legendaries!!!
    Let's go!!!

I really wonder what the boss battles are gonna be like!!
    What do you guys think the boss battles are gonna be?
    (Assuming it's Tidal Basin and National Zoo only)

Me
    Tidal Basin:
    It can be many things as it's a really big open area.
    - Could be a helicopter like in Div1 circling around shooting at us.
    - Or (and I hope this is not happening) those big quadcopters again like in Roosevelt but after a certain amount of damage they hide like the one in The Pentagon mission does.
    - Just a Squad (multiple bosses).
    4 or 5 White Tusk/Hunters/Rogue agents
    (It's the easy way, but I wouldnt mind)

- I hope for multiple Mobile Tanks + Controller's.
    1 Sniper, 1 Mini Gun, 1 Grenade launcher, 1 Flame thrower.
    All have Disrupt resistance until you destroy a forcefield or something.
    Or we are all disrupted the whole time unless we have disrupt resistance.

Manning National Zoo
    - Wolfpack of Warhounds as it is a Zoo, but I rather see that happening in Legendary D.A.R.P.A.
    - Multiple Heavies
    (The Gorilla, Rhino, Elephant, Bear)

- What I hope is multiple boss waves
    Wave 1: The Piranha school
    5 Drone Controller's with each 3 drones
    (All drones have EMP resistance)
    Wave 2: The Eagle family
    2 Quadcopters and a couple little drones that can only be damage when the big drones are disrupted.
    Wave 3: The Snake pit
    4 Snipers with different bullets
    Shock bullets (paralyzing venom)
    Fire bullets (poison)
    Explosive bullets (artery bite)
    Disorient/blind bullets (venom)
    Wave 4: The Wolfpack
    Warhounds

Or if that's not possible
    The Predator Squad
    Quadcopter (Philippine Eagle)
    Heavy (Polar Bear)
    Sniper (Tiger Snake)
    Grenadier (Archerfish)
    WarHound (Manned Wolf)
    All at once

What do you agents think is gonna happen as boss fights?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Imagine_Brata
    627 posts

@dutchlmb4ever it will probably be like the others, some helicopters come with npc's. chungas and other spawns as they usually do

• gamecrusher447
    78 posts

@DutchLMB4ever I love this!!! I really hope we get a chopper fight like in the general assembly. But I do think it's unlikely. Still one can hope.

• desrocchi
    226 posts

I really don't get what's so fun about legendary difficulty, but as long as it makes someone happy it's good.

(and as long as I'm not required to play it because they decide to lock another exotic behind it...)

• DutchLMB4ever

@desrocchi
    Because this is actually a bit difficult to do, just like raids.
    Not the same run towards the enemy and facetank them until all of them are dead.
    You have to be Tactical even if the enemy doesn't die within 1 or 2 shots.
    Thinking fast of which enemy should die first so it makes the battlefield easier.
    Drone Controller's or Grenadiers or the Mobile Tank that is coming towards us.
    Decision's, decisions.
    (For me at least)
    I hope there are exclusives to get, i mean why not?
    Even if you dont like to do them, its a new item.
    What if it's an item that's fun/good for Heroic's (or whatever you like to play)
    Something to farm for right?

• desrocchi
    226 posts
    Because this is actually a bit difficult to do, just like raids.

Look, you call it difficult, I call it boring.

If you like it I'm really ok with it, the more options the better, as long as they don't try to forcefully promote an option by hiding loot behind it.

Even if you dont like to do them, its a new item.

You really don't understand?
    What if you were forced to play at normal difficulty to get a specific piece of gear? Would you say it's ok because it's a new item you can use in legendary? Or you'd rather have it be a possible drop while you're doing something you enjoy?

• gamecrusher447
    78 posts

@desrocchi
    If everything would be obtainable through one way. What would be the point of anything in the game. We wouldn't need anymore new content. No new missions, no new gamemodes, no new raids, now new seasons and no more pvp for exclusives because I can obtain every item by killing red bar npc in the open world. It's a looter shooter for crying out loud. Things will be put behind certain activities.

You're allowed to not like it. But just like in real life. You can’t get everything you want if you won't put in the effort.

So to awnser your question (even tho it wasn't directed at me). Yeah I'd rather get something by doing something I dislike then get everything by doing what I like. Why? Because it would get boring doing the same thing over and over and over again.

• Aced_100
    207 posts

All through the game you get better weapons so you can take on harder missions, then when it comes to Legendary you can only get the better weapons once you complete it.

In other words the weapon that makes it easier is only given to you when you complete it without it? 😊

• GnarlyAtol1793
    550 posts

@desrocchi
    I share your view

• xcel30
    844 posts

@desrocchi I think of them as puzzles that require good execution, if you can brute force like anything else it then it's a poorly designed, if you can brute force it but takes time then you start thinking if you can do it better or if there are alternative solutions, just like how it created an emergence of people using sweet dreams in capitol to insta kill enemies due the large amount of medics, or how people actually had to spec into CC and disrupting skills to deal with drone operators, and then switch to close range with a fresh wave os shotgunners rushing towards you.

Not that is without fault since there were plenty on release with the super strong healing stations, and the boss exploit in rosevelt island that made the last part trivial, after those issues get ironed out i think they are fun challange to make you play a bit different from before.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    550 posts

@gamecrusher447

If everything would be obtainable through one way. What would be the point of anything in the game. We wouldn't need anymore new content. No new missions, no new gamemodes, no new raids, now new seasons“

I know that a lot people think like that. I care a [censored] what I get from an activity. The activity matters and not what we get from it. Yes, I am aware of it, it’s a looter shooter. But it’s a looter shooter and not a looter. Not everyone plays the game for rewards and considering my friends in Division 1 and 2 nearly all think like that. Apparently we are the minority.

I am happy for the people who get know additional legendary missions. Personally I do not play legendary and I have now interest in the new legendary missions but I am fully with the views of the fans of legendary. In PvE endgame it’s all about grind/builds/difficulty level. Therefore it’s hard to understand why there are no legendary difficulty options right from the beginnin for all missions or added later. Of course, some people are saying it’s work, yes, but what’s the fuss? Everything what they added makes work. In Division 1 we had more legendary missions from the start. In Division 2 they had years to add. Of course, the counter argument comes no team/small team/no skilled team. [censored]: they wasted their ressourses on frippery all the years instead of gameplay.

Additionally to the legendary requirement there are people who want more apparel, more guns, more exotics, more gear, the classified sets from division 1, more talents, zombies, aliens, … all fine if it provides fun for them, I would never blame someone for it.

My issue is: I bought a game that I love, a great open world with missions, great darkzones and somewhat acceptable open world content. In my definition the base game. Basically what we got at times of release. What I HATE is that they always do different things in their [censored] additions without the slightest contribution to the above, to the base game.

These [censored] idiots in the decision boards.

• DutchLMB4ever

@desrocchi
    I would 100% do Normal Mode until I have the item and if its really good after testing it, I would play Normal mode until I have 2 more.

And I basically already did.
    Thats why i have The Apartment, Rock N Roll, The Gift, Hollow Man and Emperor Kneepads from DZ.
    (And Dark Winter, Black Friday, The Verginian, but those dropped before the items I wanted)

Plus in Legendaries no one can steal your loot or deconstruct it, so it's not even the same actually.

And what @gamecrusher447 said.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    550 posts

@gamecrusher447

Because it would get boring doing the same thing over and over and over again.“

Right, thats the case since release of WoNY. Everything that came thereafter is basically playing the same with negligible changes (manhunts) and technical effects (global events).

• Imagine_Brata
    627 posts

An exotic M870 would be good as a new legendary locked weapon

• desrocchi
    226 posts
    If everything would be obtainable through one way. What would be the point of anything in the game.

New game modes that are fun to play.
    Being forced into something that you don't like just because it's "new" is a bad design.

Personally the open world is the only thing I enjoy of TD2.
    Missions, raids, skyscraper, Kenley, countdown, DZ... they could all be scrapped and I would still very much enjoy the game.

Want to give me something new in the game? Give me new open world events in new locations.

Why? Because it would get boring doing the same thing over and over and over again.

You are doing the same thing over and over again anyway, it's just a thing you don't even enjoy...

• desrocchi
    226 posts
    I would 100% do Normal Mode until I have the item and if its really good after testing it, I would play Normal mode until I have 2 more.

You are not answering my question, though.
    If you could obtain the same thing doing something you like instead of being forced into something you don't like, would you not take the option?

• desrocchi
    226 posts
    I think of them as puzzles that require good execution, if you can brute force like anything else it then it's a poorly designed

As I said at the beginning: good for you, I don't want to take away something you enjoy.
    You call it "good execution" I call it "extreme boredom", the reverse is also true in your eyes about what I enjoy in the game.

I just don't want anyone to be forced to play the way I like just as much as I don't want to be forced to play something I don't like.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    550 posts

@desrocchi

„Personally the open world is the only thing I enjoy of TD2. Missions, raids, skyscraper, Kenley, countdown, DZ... they could all be scrapped and I would still very much enjoy the game.“

right, with few exemptions from my point of view
    Missions are 100% linear and final boss battles are mostly ranging between meh and frustrating. Therefore I understand that people do not like to play the missions (anymore). Nevertheless I played all missions at least one time per month and could still enjoy them but only when playing in full team. Apart from the shooting there is basically nothing interesting happening. But I like them. Wished they would have an open design as in Wildlands, promoting tactical thinking and flexible attacks, information and secrets embedded contributing to story.

Right, the open world is the best part of the game for me as well, despite I am not fond of the tasks they put in. Out of 10 I would give it a 9 with respect to the visuals, 9 because of lacking atmosphere and the/cartoonish elements embedded which are nowhere in Division 1, I would give D1 a 10.

„Want to give me something new in the game? Give me new open world events in new locations.“

Exactly! That’s what frustrates me. Great open world, badly used and no further developments since release. Always something different what they add. I wonder for what purpose they developed the great open world when doing different things over time. There are also no big things necessary for interesting tasks. They have to extreme focus on mode play. The gameplay designers I would give a 3 out of 10.

With respect to darkzone:
    I still play PvP in division 1 but I am mostly a PvE player. PvP I skipped in D2 due to Expertise. But even if you do not like PvP you shouldn’t avoid the darkzones, these are great but you shouldn’t go there for farming gear you need or want. You should go there for playing. Why this?

• you like open world and the 3 darkzones are great varied open world areas, very well done
    • the landmarks are to me a bit like the elite territory controls or CPs in lightzone, further open world bosses and random NPCs, luckily no propaganda and executions
    • rouges: right, the farmers hate them, I understand that. But if you go there for the purpose of playing instead of farming, then rouges are great. Why this? NPCs never can provide the tensions real players are providing. You have PvP player who don’t care of PvE players, mostly concentrating at a certain dz entrance, then you have the farmer chasers, the shitheads sniping you from the distance, rouge groups killing everyone in sight and bullying single players in a [censored] manner … GREAT 😁! Tension everywhere. You feel the threat already when you enter. Enemies without scripted tactics, unfair, nasty… no rules, great 😊
    • On the other hand the darkzones are often quite empty, no trouble when looking for PvE only
    • if it happens that there are to many rouges, move to another entrance, another darkzone or go there at a different time

Avoiding the darkzones is a mistake from my POV. Give it a try sometimes. It’s a nice map expansion for PvE players 😊💪

• Noxious81
    1036 posts
    (...) I don't want to be forced to play something I don't like.

Basically, I totally agree with you. "Forcing" someone to do something is bad and should not be a thing in gaming.

But then... what and who's actually forcing you to play any content in a game? Why do players feel "forced" to play a content they don't like? Because there are cosmetics or gear obtainable only through said content? Is that really "forcing" someone? I don't think so. You can freely choose just to ignore the very content you don't like and give a [censored] about the rewards for it. Not having apparel or a gun tied to specific content is in no way a hindrance for enjoying the whole rest of the game, no open world area or mission remains lock, no progress gets blocked. The only pressure there is the self-made "I MUST to have this item (because other have it)!"-pressure.

• Noxious81
    1036 posts
    (...) when it comes to Legendary (...) the weapon that makes it easier is only given to you when you complete it without it? 😊

I wouldn't say that this is true for any progress in the game, except for the Ravenous making staggering Morozova indeed much easier (though it still totally isn't hard or even impossible without it).

And the Bighorn... well... the Bighorn totally isn't THE gun that makes legendary content easier. It's barely being used in any hard content. If we wanted to point a finger at THE gun that makes legendary content easy, it's the Scorpio.

Suggested Topics