ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 420 posts

In Missions, Open World, DZ and Countdown.
    (At least in Heroic/Legendary difficulty)

They need to "drop" flashbangs/teargas grenades and EMP us, before they come out of the helicopters.
    It's a smart tactic for them to use.

Yes it's a cool thing to see, but we just wait for them at the bottom of the rope and kill them in seconds.
    Sometimes they all get killed while still on the rope.

We just need to get the status effects applied to us within a certain range of the helicopter(s).
    And within that radius we can't avoid the "blast"
    Outside of it we have the option to roll out of the radius.
    (This should be a thing in all difficulties, but i can understand that this makes things harder so from at least Heroic)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Maliarto
    25 posts

Thing is who's going to be standing right under a chopper?

Good idea but if players just never stand under a chopper then it kind of defeats the whole point. Maybe if the enemies used flashbangs and EMP grenades when breaching rooms and such.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@dutchlmb4ever i agree its a nice idea to have these, but as you say, a little irrelevant as you can slap them before they get a shot off most of the time. What they actually need to do is get rid of the helicopters and have them come down from one of those bloody great big drones, so you're actually taking some fire that will stop you killing them all on the way down. Literally anything to make it a bit more like an actual tactical drop and less like fish in a barrel would be good.

• DutchLMB4ever

@maliarto smart players that just want to get rid of the adds quickly so the boss comes out faster!

Are you saying wait for them to get on the ground first and spread out, and then be like oke guys now we can shoot...

@HonestlyOK1986
    I dont think it fits people in the big drones right?
    and if they could it would be "filled with ammo"
    But I wouldnt mind if they get accompanied by a big drone.
    But the drone only shoots one person at a time.
    That means 3 others could just do what you normally do with 4.

I would play Jefferson Trade Center more if it was like that tho. Lol
    Sounds fun 4 or 5 helicopters means 4 or 5 Quadcopters as well.

• DutchLMB4ever

@honestlyok1986
    Not come out first, and after they hit the ground we get the status effects applied.
    that wouldn't make sense...

We get EMP'ed, disoriented and blinded so they can come out of the helicopter safely.
    (Without us/our skills shooting them off the ropes)

• Sock_Monkey
    535 posts

@dutchlmb4ever I've said this for a while, as the ambushes are WAY too easy. When farming with my status build, one Firestarter shot on the chopper itself and they usually all fall out and to the ground already dead, with heavy tanks being the sole exception.

This late there'll be no changes though.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@dutchlmb4ever yeah they can just mod the drones if they like to be big enough to fit a few guys on, realistically though, they need the drops to have something that doesnt mean they all get wasted before they hit the ground. They could drop 4 rogue agents initially and then another 8 guys of various types quickly after to make them something to actually fear. They could just be insainly accurate and shoot at us on the way down.

Which ever way you look at it, they need a decent rework and i doubt it will happen any time soon.

• R0CH3LL3
    54 posts

@dutchlmb4ever These are actually excellent suggestions! And much needed ones, since you very often see players hanging around beneath helicopters like hungry wolves, both in missions and in Countdown...
    Another thing that'd be neat were if the helicopters dropped smoke bombs? Clouds of LoS-blocking smoke that would give BT reinforcements some cover getting down and into cover. They themselves aren't affected by this, probably equipped with IR goggles or whatever, but SHD agents would have to pulse these BT forces to be able to locate them inside the smoke.

• Viking_Jarl
    98 posts

Ok so you guys see this as a problem.
    But hunters with laserEYEs, Quad fire (All four directions at once)
    Uber heal and invincible rolls are not?

The only way to kill the lot is to mow them down in the LZ, and that is the way to do it!
    And the only thing that still can be considered fun as well!

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@viking_jarl

we also have uber heals , x4 , hunters only have one ,surely balanced by the amount of armour they have vs us.

our rolls also makes us invincible , its META to use it while playing to get in to cover or out of the way of bullets fast, i even developed the habit of stop shooting while they roll and restart in their head as soon as they stand up ,while shooting the roll i would usualy had to reload to finish him , now its a rare event not killing the enemy with one mag , of course this is all situational and depends on a lot of factors like dificulty or build , but the principle works like a charm to counter the rolls.

TO the OP - that would be an awesome QOL update to gameplay , all chopper drops are booooring , they burn even before appearing on screen or best case scenario barely touch the ground when being shot , anything that could turn the fish in a barrel into a fun gameplay element would be cool in my book.

• HonestlyOK1986
    196 posts

@r0ch3ll3 smoke an status effects etc are easily stopped really, like you say with a pulse etc. Honestly, they should just drop 2 choppers for the first agent in group and +1 for every additional agent in the group, all elites, double armour so they cant get trashed on landing. Sorted

• gamecrusher447
    73 posts

Look. This might sound a little crazy but what if their immune like wyvern at Tidal Basin and the effect drops after there drop in animation is done and they can start shooting. And their is a smoke cloud underneath the chopper (like kajika's smoke clouds) so you can't see them until they run out.

• N3mB0t
    1014 posts

@gamecrusher447

immune no ,that is the laziest dev trick in the book to avoid doing things right .

maybe give helicopter dropped enemies more armour than the usual foot soldier to account for the damage they can take on the drop , this has two positive effects , its allows the NPCs or some of them to have a fighting chance and also introduce in the gameplay a sense of urgency in the player everytime a chopper is coming to drop off NPCs , instead of what we have now that is extremely boring and a braindead gameplay moment.

• Metal_Greg
    166 posts

How about giving choppers mounted machineguns operated by elites or heavies? It would suppress us while they drop and make sense.

• AngryPandaNr1
    72 posts

@DutchLMB4ever
    I saw this last night like the other post I just commented in. And the flashbangs and EMP happened in the room before the boss fight in the Manhunt mission.
    And they should put this in helicopter drop offs indeed.

• Maliarto
    25 posts

@Metal_Greg Was thinking the same thing. Force players to take cover while under heavy fire from a minigun at the side. Heavy fires minigun while other troops drop out. Have a minigun at the nose of the chooper too to attack in front. This would help prevent easily just standing by the chopper as the enemies rapple down before they can even be fought at all.

Suggested Topics