ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Not-Colton
    Original poster 1 posts

First of all I would like to start with some praise for this new update. I genuinely appreciate the effort put in to make this update and at long last it feels as if community feedback is being listened to and being implemented in a timely fashion. So thank you to everyone at Ivory Tower!

This being said, I and others in The Crew Community Discord Server were discussing the new Motorpass challenges and the max icon players "compensation" of 500,000 Crew Credits. After This discussion I figured it be best to voice our complaints in a respectful manner here in the forums.

We understand the necessity to compensate players at Icon 9999 as it clearly will not work with the new Motorpass challenges. Although we may not be fans of these challenges we also understand resources need to be managed and making new challenges every two months would be a time consuming process. As to not force others to read an essay I will list our conclusions:

• Could Max Icon players not be gifted Motor Stars (free through challenges) instead of Crew Credits (a paid currency)?
    • If Crew Credits are going to be gifted to players at Max Icon would it not make more sense to have made this a permanent reward for any player that reaches Max Icon? Any players close to Max Icon will now not be qualified for this compensation and will be unable to complete the challenges.
    • Doing some math: Dedicated players will still be able to complete the pass without using Crew Credits to buy tiers. in one week without weekly challenges you can complete 70 stars (10 for each day from dailies) + 30 (from the summit) for a total of 100. This means that in a 50 tier pass a players without weekly challenges can still complete the pass in 5 weeks. 80,000 Crew Credits for a basic Motorpass and a player can buy the next 6 passes (more if I included the 40,000 credits given out each Motorpass). With each pass being 2 months long that is over a year's worth of passes free assuming credits are not spent on vanity items, or tiers. This is a frustration for the majority of players that are not Icon 9999 as they will be forced to spend money on the game when Max Icons may not be for potentially over a year. This issue only compounds if the same compensation is given again next in the next Motorpass.
    • We also all concluded it was good to reward people that had worked hard to get to Max Icon. The problems again being that the 500,000 credits are not a permanent reward for any player that reaches max level but just a reward for current players that reached max level. Another frustration with this is that it is well known that many max level players have reached this place illegitimately or through methods no longer available to be used. (The Monster Truck Half Pipe, Macros, and other methods)
    • Lastly there was/is no guarantee that all max level players would/will buy the Motorpass and are now given access to a paid currency that others are not. These people can now get a Motorpass for free that they otherwise may have been forced to pay for to get the same content or they can buy vanity that again, others may be forced to pay for to get the same content.

Some suggestions:

• As previously mentioned, reward Icon 9999 players with Motor Stars rather than Crew Credits. If compensation is to continue in the future this option feels especially feasible.
    • If compensation is not to continue in future passes for Max Icon players then rewarding players with some Crew Credits when reaching Max Level is an option, or whatever else the team deems fit. Even if it is nothing at all, that is preferred to how it sits in its current state.

I hope that these issues do not fall on deaf ears. I also hope that it is now clear to see after reading through this post that providing a small portion of the player base with roughly $50 USD of in game currency is unfair to the majority of the player base. We do not wish to see these players have their CC removed as that would now be unfair to them as well. We just hope to see change in future Motorpasses. Thank you for reading, and thank you for the wonderful update!

-Colton

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• CREW_ITALY
    205 posts

@not-colton
    As I understand you I am 7000 icon I bought this game after 2 3 months of its release. I am not a 9999 icon yet like many because I have not used the systems you mentioned. In this period of almost 4 years I have experienced all the stages of development of this game last year the worst ever inexplicable limitations, Limitations that will affect new players.
    The bolts of upgrading the vehicles in my opinion something does not work as it should even after having upgraded everything with hours of real play, not like now that everything is easily given away, the vehicles seem increasingly slow to me with big problems with the automatic gearbox.
    This violence of out-of-control vehicle traffic coming at you made the game very stressful and alienated most of the players. How the restrictions put in place have removed most of the players.
    However, some graphical improvements if seen with the latest update, the new races are also very nice. Finally you can see when and where to turn in time.
    motorpass I buy it to support the game but I am disappointed that it does not last long and that there are stars in the summit.
    The motorpass itself contains small bucks prizes but in my case like so many friends having already 999999 the maximum you can get in the game you do not receive anything a real shame these money earned both in the races and in the summits and in the motorpass also I would like to be able to donate it to some new friends

Suggested Topics