ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

I know that there are nine Embers of Muspelheim in the new DLC, and that they are found on the Muspelheim Monoliths. However, I have visited all nine monoliths (at least three times each), I have checked the location where the ember is supposed to be collected, I have checked the world map and see that each monolith has an X where the ember should be, I have visited every blacksmith in Svartalfheim, including Skavi specifically, on multiple occasions hoping one offers to upgrade my Huger Rip, and nothing; I'm still stuck at eight, with absolutely no idea what to do now. I have wasted HOURS trying to figure this out. Does anyone have a suggestion for what might be going on? Is there a glitch? I can't be the only person having this issue if there is and yet I can't find any information about it anywhere else on the web (so apparently I AM the only one with the problem). Any suggestions for where I might have gone wrong will be appreciated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@jackturner3 just loading the game now, I remember having that kind of thought and it took a while for me to figure it out but I can't remember what the deal was, I'll see if I can work it out - of course it might not be relevant for you but I'll see . . . one was not on a monolith I think, something like that

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

@spirantcrayon22 - Thanks for checking on it; I'll look forward to whatever insights you might have!

• SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@jackturner3 I think it's tied to a world event somewhere, have you done all those?

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

@spirantcrayon22 - Yes; I have actually cleared all the Mysteries and most of the Artifact in each region; I am missing three wealth in Vangrinn, but these are marked on my map as being in Jarnshus and Feigardr, since I haven't undertaken the missions related to those parts of the story. In Vangrinn, the only Artifact I am missing is the Heroic Saga from Feigardr.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@jackturner3 if you've done that then I have no idea; the story is spoiler

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

@spirantcrayon22 - Sadly, that was the first ember I collected, and one of the first mysteries I completed. Just to check, I did return to the area to see if the start point was there, but to no avail. I’ve now finished the DLC, and this is the last trophy to acquire, so I’m at a loss for what is left for me to do.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@jackturner3 Right. Presumably you've looked at online videos and so on? If so, not sure what to say, best of luck to you!

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

@spirantcrayon22 - Yes, but insofar as I can tell, my situation is unique, hence why I arrived here. I have seen a reddit thread wherein the poster was missing their last ember, but it turns out they simply could not locate the final monolith. As can be seen, my problem is substantively different from that problem. As this point, given that no one else has stepped forward to offer a suggestion, the only realistic option I have is to restart the game from the beginning, which I am really not looking forward to doing. Here's where I sincerely wish there was a New Game+ mode...

In any case, I appreciate your help; you were the only person to even offer a suggestion and I do appreciate you taking time to try to figure out what was happening.

• jackturner3
    Original poster 7 posts

@jackturner3 - Maybe I should try posting this in the Player Support forum? I suppose it's worth a shot before I sink another 10 hours or so into this problem with a new game 🙂

• SpirantCrayon22
    2303 posts

@jackturner3 thanks for the nice words! - I didn't notice the sub-forum but yes, player support would be likely to get more responses, inlcluding from the ubipeople, though they do also look at the discussion one just less often

• gumusgoker
    1 posts

@jackturner3 i thought i had the same problem, then i remembered that i already used one ember for the versatility upgrade. Just go and finish the rest of your hugr-rip upgrades and everything should be fine. I hope this will solve your problem.

Suggested Topics