ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

After last update, when I played Anno 1800, once time each day the game is crashed in the first five minutes (some times with bluescreen), then I restart computer and retry, after that I can play many hours perfectly.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Ciel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1474 posts

Hey there @Korhalar and welcome to the Ubisoft Discussions!

I understand you have been experiencing crashes in Anno 1800 since the latest update. To fix this issue, I'd advise following all the steps of this article regarding the troubleshooting of technical issues on PC. They should resolve the issue your PC is encountering when running the game!

Official Response
  • Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-Ciel Thanks for the answer, but after following the steps I still get the same problem.

I tried:
    -I have Windows updated
    -I have graphics card drivers updated
    -I verify game files and all are ok
    -I run the game as administrator
    -I change different DirectXs
    -I do not have other background programs at same time with the game

Please, What other solution is there? 

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4857 posts

Hey @Korhalar ,

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear the crashes are still occurring.

May we please know the specs of your PC (GPU, CPU, RAM, OS, Laptop / Desktop)?

And to ensure no OS files are affected, could you please perform a System File Scan?

Let us know how you get on!

Official Response
  • Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

Yes, I can sent it.

Pease, tell me an email or similar to send it.

The url to System File Scan I thing is wrong, is it maybe https://www.ubisoft.com/es-es/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/generating-a-microsoft-system-information-report/000078753 ?

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Whoops, sorry about that, @Korhalar 😅 I've gone ahead and updated the link to the SFC Scan guide in Ubi-TheBerry's post, and here it is in mine as well.

For your system specs, there'll be no need to send them to us privately - it's fine to just pop them here onto a forum post. We'll just need to know your GPU, CPU, RAM, and OS 🙂

Let me know if the crash still happens after the SFC scan. If so, I'll have some further ideas we can try instead to get this solved for you!

Official Response
  • Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-Thrupney thanks for the answer.

I execute "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow" correctly.

By other hand, my system specs with "msinfo32" (sorry, my Windows is in spanish):

[Redacted by Ubisoft Support]

• Ubi-TheBerry

Hey @Korhalar ,

For privacy reasons, we ask players don't share their complete system files via the public forums.

Rather could you just list your core PC components (GPU, CPU, RAM, OS)?

And did you see any changes after performing a system file check?

Official Response
  • Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry ok.

GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 processors
    RAM: 16 GB

About system file check not need to repair nothing.

After that, game continue crash normally once by day, sometimes with error (I reported this one with report tool), other times with total freeze of computer (I need to restart computer), and other times with bluescreen.

• dmdilks
    21 posts

@Korhalar

Most BSOD & freezing comes from Hardware or heat.

Ok looking at your specs. It looks like you could have a bottleneck with your CPU maybe. The other thing is now much stuff you have running in the back ground. This game loves memory.

I would open task manager and look to see how much memory you using before you start the game. Plus leave that open too. Once you are running the game for some time hit the Windows key.

That will drop you out of the game and check to see what memory is being used.

One other thing you can do to free up some memory. How to speed up your computer.

1. Right click on the Start Button. Then click on file Explorer.
    2. You can click on that and drag it to the desktop and now you have This PC on the desktop.
    3. Now open This PC and on the list to the left, right click This PC. Then click on Properties. 
    4. On the page you be looking for Advanced System Settings.
    5. Click on the Advanced System Settings.
    6. Look for the box with the title Performance. Then click on the settings Tab
    7. On the Visual Effects will want to click on Adjust for Best Performance.
    8. In the list put check mark next to the on “Show Thumb Nails Instead of Icons.
    9. The reason for that only being check. When go to look at you pictures. You be able to see them instead of a blank Icon.
    10. Click on Apply and then OK

How to turn off stuff when the computer Starts UP

1.   You want to hold down Ctrl & Alt keys and Hit the Delete key.
    2.   Then click on Task Manager.
    3.   Then at the bottom left of that page click on More Details.
    4.   At the top of the page, you see about 7 Tabs.
    5.   You want to click on the Startup Tab.
    6.   You will see a list of things that startup on your computer.
    7.   This is up each person on what ones you want to Disable.
    8.   Once you are done just close the page.

Here you can check to see if you can run the game or any game. https://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri: (https://systemrequirementslab.com/cyri)

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for this @Korhalar.

You noted it occasionally crashes with an error, is this anything specific or just a general 'Oh no, it crashed' message?

We don't receive the error reports sent via the logger I'm afraid.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • dmdilks
    21 posts

@Korhalar

I did some testing and when the not in the game the memory is being use is about 6.5gb. When in the game it is just a little over 16gb of memory. I have 32gb of memory too. Like I said this game loves memory so you could be running out memory.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for sharing this advice too @dmdilks , appreciate it!

Official Response
  • Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@dmdilks Thanks

I tried modifiy that Windows params and I not apreciate changes, I think this one is for graphical performance and my graphic card is enough for that.

You gave me the idea about RAM memory, I test game and it consume near to 7,2 GiB and in my system admin appear near to 90% memory of use.

Maybe is the issue, but previous to one of last update I could play witouth problem. Other thing I think about is I bought the third seasson pass some months ago, maybe is not good more DLCs for game performance?

• Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry
    Normally it happens to me every day once when I start the game, then it works fine.

Example yesterday (and all days the same issue): I start my computer, I start the game and the game saved, I can play near to one or two minutes and game is broken (some times appear a bluescreen, other a error message with crashed and other times my computer is complety freeze), after I restart my computer, I restart the game with the saved game, and the game works fine all the hours I am playing.

When game is broken with error message I send the crash report (with bluescreen or freeze is not possible). For example, I could capture last error message:

This behavior is not good for my computer and for the gaming experience, as it takes a long time to load and play.

• dmdilks
    21 posts

@Korhalar

There is BSOD reader you can get it might help with the Blue screens. Tell what is happening.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html?fbclid=IwAR1YgcPbY2LZEAzj9vKEmm9UYmV_S77ujKc7S-lJhww_mIQui4OGOMFIGrU#DownloadLinks: (https://nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html?fbclid=IwAR1YgcPbY2LZEAzj9vKEmm9UYmV_S77ujKc7S-lJhww_mIQui4OGOMFIGrU#DownloadLinks)

• Korhalar
    Original poster 8 posts

@dmdilks
    Thanks, next time than blue screen appen I try it.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Hey there @Korhalar ,

I'm very sorry we haven't responded to you sooner here.

Are you still encountering crashes or the DirectX error you shared previously?

If so, could you please try running a System File Check and let us know the results / if there are any changes?

Official Response

Suggested Topics