ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• F.i.x.e.r
    Original poster 133 posts

This guy is running a 100% blue build (spotter non heartbreaker) with a Kingbreaker @83.2k damage and at the beginning this video he is getting around 1.7m damage body shots and at one point over 2m on a tank during extraction. Am I missing something or does something smell here?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• gamecrusher447
    119 posts

So. There is a lot of things that combined make his damage go that high. First spotter + perfect flatline. Both give 20% bonus dame to pulsed enemies making that 40% total. Second catharsis. When you take damage gain stacks up to thirty. Each stack givesyou 1% weapon damage making that 30%. Third specialization. Certain things on the tree might increase his damage. Let's say he spect into assault rifles. That would give him a 15% bonus damage with ar's. This also ties back to the perfect spotter + perfect flatline. He's running technician, which gives him access to the linked laser pointer. A laser sight that pulses enemies when aimed at. Finally. He's playing countdown so you gotta take into perspective all the buffs he's getting from his teammates.

• the_Kettle
    341 posts

@f-i-x-e-r Most likely the countdown 'short range damage' countermeasure is active, which gives a huge buff (about triple damage I think?) when you're close enough.

Generally, it's wise to ignore youtuber builds: they have an incentive to keep churning out new content and it doesn't take long for them to run out of good ideas and end up promoting terrible builds, which they can make look strong thanks to careful editing and misleading clips.

The spreadsheet maintained by the discord community is a good place to find well-tested, effective builds: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPBmOrtpkEW1j5fbcRT7L-AXgsGOqMqxXoVtopsiGM/edit?usp=sharing: (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nrPBmOrtpkEW1j5fbcRT7L-AXgsGOqMqxXoVtopsiGM/edit?usp=sharing)

• F.i.x.e.r

@gamecrusher447 I have 2 builds at the moment for Countdown, one spotter and one Heartbreaker and both using a Kingbreaker with 130.5 damage on the Heartbreaker, Technician specialty, Link Laser pointer on both builds plenty of red with more crit chance, more crit damage, and so on but am getting 1.2m "headshot" damage in the range and never been close to the video's numbers even in Countdown with bonuses active.

• Imagine_Brata
    888 posts

@f-i-x-e-r if you look closely, he gets buffs from other players. including 2-3 coyotes masks proc him all the times

• F.i.x.e.r

@the_kettle I tend to suspect the same as what you are saying. I wasn't intending copying streamers stuff but always whatch the vids for the odd tip. I do have a Catharsis/PFE build that gives me about the same protection, but I sure don't get those numbers even with way more red than him.

Thanks for the info by the way, always looking for good advice.

• Noxious81
    1261 posts

I'd also say this can only be thanks to the short range damage buff. Because... I think the OP is referring to this situation with a critical hit damage of more than 2,100,000:

The only buff active here from his gear is the Catharsis damage buff of approx. 10%. The three active buffs from his team's Coyote's Masks are worth 40% of CHD (ignoring the CHC buffs as we're only looking at the damage numbers). Additionally, we see an Opportunistic mark on the tank. Possibly even the perfect version. But all that's clearly not enough to bring a 83,2k Kingbreaker up to over 2.1 million.

So let's take a look at this screenshot – here he's shooting at an enemy further away:

We also have one buff active granted by Coyote's Mask, worth 25% CHD. The Catharsis even offers some more stacks and we also see the Opportunistic mark on the Hunter. Buuuuuuut... the damage inflicted is significantly less: 345,037 CHD instead of 2,190,388! The only reason I can see for this enormous difference is that the Hunter is out of range of the Countermeasure's short range damage buff.

Suggested Topics