ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• thexpl0r3r
    Original poster 6 posts

I've hit expertise level 11 couple a days ago and noticed that upgrade requires exotic components regardless of gear quality. This got me somewhat concerned because of the drop rates and general availability of exotics so I began googling for upgrade costs and found a month-old Reddit post saying that to get to lvl 20 any single weapon or skill upgrade requires 55 exotic components, and for any single gear piece 25 exotic components. In total, that would mean that getting a single build to level 20 requires 425 exotic components which is insane if true. Tbh, I got so disappointed and demoralized that I haven't logged in at all since then and got no desire to play.

Can someone pls confirm if this is true? TYIA

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Traumahawk
    119 posts

@thexpl0r3r This is correct and it's a time sink on purpose. It's not meant to be rushed through, though some of us have the time to do so. You can get an exotic cache every 3-4 countdown games, which is about 1 an hour give or take.

• thexpl0r3r
    Original poster 6 posts

@traumahawk Thanks for the response. However, this is not just a timesink but a mindless grind which is going to be a deterrent for a lot of players like myself. When I'm done with work, I'm looking to play games and have fun, and this is definitely not fun. I can normally play maybe 3 hours a day as I have a full-time job and other RL commitments. So based on your recommendation, assuming that I can play 3h a day, I'd have to play Countdown only for the next 140ish days in order to get one build to level 20 (which might get nerfed by the time I'm done). That is just crazy and not really well-planned design. I'm a big Division fan, I spent 2291 hour playing Divison 1 and 1032 hours playing Division 2, but this is going to be a deal breaker for me. I guess this agent is going to exfil for now.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) When I'm done with work, I'm looking to play games and have fun, and this is definitely not fun. (...) I guess this agent is going to exfil for now.

I can totally understand why and how you want to enjoy video games. And the good news is: you can enjoy The Division 2 just as before. Because Expertise is just an option to further increase your agent's power if you have already squeezed out everything of the endgame. As Traumahawk already stated, it's meant to be a long-term task for regular players and veterans.

If you only want to enjoy the rest of the game as before, you can absolutely do this, as literally no content in the whole game was made more difficult so that Expertise might have become a mandatory grind. It's purely optional. So I'd suggest just ignoring Expertise. Or upgrade your favorite AR or skill every now and then.

Remember: until Grade 11 you don't need exotic material at all. Oh, and upgrading a whole build to Grade 20 also is something that is a) not at all necessary for a casual player, and b) not a very clever way to invest exotic components for Grades for any player.

• Traumahawk
    119 posts

@thexpl0r3r It's the same game. There is nothing keeping you from having fun with the game. Now, instead of your money and time going into a void, it's going towards an upgrade system. You're just going to have to accept other players are going to get there first. Guess what, your experience will be easier with the game in legendary groups with these players. It's a rising tide for all players no matter where you're at.

These posts really feel like a it's not fair post. I gave you a suggestion for efficient farming of exotics, but you didn't even bother to respond to that. Just the negative.

• thexpl0r3r
    Original poster 6 posts

@noxious81 Thanks for your response. I get your point, but I'd say that we all play games for some sort of progression and accomplishment. It is either going through the storyline and/or leveling up. Unfortunately, Division 2 doesn't have any new content except for countdown and expertise and the only thing left for us to do now is expertise. I played the missions countless times, I have all the gear I wanted to get, I played hardcore mode, I have few maxed out pre-expertise builds, I played Summit on legendary solo (not the last floor though) and I loved doing all those things... but the only reason for me to continue logging on regular basis atm would be to do expertise. There is no new storyline, no other content. I'll be still logging in to do manhunts as they are released to keep following the storyline, but there is no incentive for any other activity. New content and progression are the reasons why people login and play and with the insane grind there is actually nothing left. Don't get me wrong, my exfil does not mean that I'm uninstalling D2 or deleting my character, but instead of playing D2 few hours a day, I'll probably play it few hours a month.

• thexpl0r3r
    Original poster 6 posts

@traumahawk I'm sorry but there is no way that method you suggested, which would require spending 4-5 months grinding to max out one build, is efficient. Besides sitting in Countdown queue is becoming longer and longer which probably means that less people are playing it. I also don't think that "it's not fair" is something that can be used in the context of my post. I think the more appropriate one would be " I can't believe that introduced massive grind was intended to keep people playing the game" (no pun intended). I love the Division, but I really want to enjoy playing and doing different things in game. Exotics requirement should go down at least by 60% to make any sense in my opinion.

• Nerfed-Again
    58 posts

@thexpl0r3r How many exotic peices? I came back to see if this game had changed much and it seems it has. The last time i played this game was a good few months before the pandemic hit and that was on PS4..since then i've moved to Series X and PC and really don't fancy starting again. I know PC is easier to hit headshots and weak points but whatever that experitese is...i can't see me getting there. I only just about reached level 300 on my SHD watch back then. I remember having fun with the chem launcher and the mask that spreaded the effects around and burning a room full of npc all at once. Good times.

I was just wondering if it was worth giving it another go when it loads up on PC.

• Traumahawk
    119 posts

@thexpl0r3r It's a long term system not meant to be quickly ran through. You're just going to have to accept that players with more time will have more power. You will benefit by this indiretly by being in their groups.

• Viking_Jarl
    100 posts

@thexpl0r3r

The Expertise system was thought up because people had no longer a place to put all their precious materials that they have chased down for several years.So why not come up with a system that makes no sense at all, and the best part, does not make a change in the game at all!

Like running a full mod set of "Protection against elites", looks cool, takes up space, totally useless

• SuspiciousPixel
    553 posts

Expertise makes no real impact for PVE. You can easily complete content without upgrading a single item and if you cannot then your problems lay elsewhere.

As for upgrading Builds to 20, why would you ever want to do that? The additional armour isn't worth the exotic component investment so all my gear/brandpieces are 11.

For gear after upgrade level 11 you start using exotics
    For weapons, skills, specializations you start using exotics after 10.

So far my commonly used skills are 20 which are account shared.
    A few weapons are at 20
    2 Specializations at 20
    Everything else is 10 for weapons and 11 for Gear.

Before someone says what about PVP. Well tbh I don't care about DZ in this game. The devs ruined that ages ago. Players who put in the time should be rewarded for their efforts and if that is granting them extra damage and armour then so be it.

Furthermore there are many threads on how to get exotic components easily. Look them up.

Per Character you are guaranteed weekly
    3 exotics from Projects
    1 from IH Raid Regulus Project

From other activities

• Countdown
    • Level 30 Story Skip
    • Summit Floor 10 during Global Event
    • Random drops (RNG) but Floor 10 farming seems to give a few which is why people are doing that and levelling up their SHD level so when they do WONY boost they have ample amounts of scavenging points to use towards Expertise upgrades

• Traumahawk
    119 posts

@Viking_Jarl My skills and a few weapons, Chameleon, Dark Winter, Lady Death, a couple others are all at 17% or higher and I assure, it makes a hell of a difference.

• ArthurFriend
    164 posts
    Like running a full mod set of "Protection against elites", looks cool, takes up space, totally useless

Judging by the sheer amount of factually incorrect, pointless, and unqualified spoutings you're handing out here on the forum, you must have pretty pretty little knowledge about this game. Which would in return explain why you remain so bad at it.

Suggested Topics