ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• A Former User
    Original poster 0 posts

To the offices of Darby McDevitt:

Please read this email and take into consideration that as a person who finds great enthusiasm from history and appreciates video games that interlaces the working of the past into an interactive story, I find myself disappointed and underwhelmed at your work on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.

Let me preface by stating that I’m a master’s student in social work and taking time away from my studies is something that I take very seriously. I chose to play Valhalla to as a form of escapism. But time and time again I found myself in a state of cognitive dissonance as I trudged through your game. An era that should be wrought with fire and excitement, I found myself bored and listless. The cinematics of this game are beautiful, but that cannot alone carry the story, which was so dry I can’t believe I took over 300 hours of my time to see it through. The word regret comes to mind.

This story that you created has a disjointed feeling that lacks focus and integrity. I have been following the story of Layla and the Staff of Hermes Trismegistus since Kassandra collected it from Pythagoras, and the way you so dismissively and disturbingly passed it to Basim, who’s character lacked, well character, gave me the most disgusting taste in my mouth it felt like I was being abused by you and your writers.

The blatant lack of disregard for your fans turns me off to this franchise so viscerally I feel a desire to uninstall your game, and boycott anything future that has you or your team’s name associated with it. I wanted to be a fan of this franchise, but I cannot contribute financially or psychologically to your brand if this is the way you are going to continue to create video games. The story of the Vikings could have been done with so much finesse and love, and yet you executed it with indifference.

If you continue to contribute to this franchise, I hope you take into consideration the needs and interests of the fans who are responsible for keeping your brand alive. I will no longer be buying your games. I will no longer give you accolades or suggest your games to my friends and family because I wouldn’t want them to be so sorely disappointed as I have been with your product. Be better Darby. This was such a shocking disappointment that I’ve written you a letter to that effect.

Respectfully,

Andi Abigail
    A former fan.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Suggested Topics