ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Imagine_Brata
    748 posts

@hyper-sniper This can often be due to a bad connection to the server. Or has been connected to another region server.

• echolecter
    354 posts

This game is never going to be 'fixed' since it's designed in such a way it's very susceptible to common failures and errors. Everything that happens (including user inputs) in the game is processed on a remote server, when the service (or link to) fails the game play is affected. It's just a bad choice making it in such a way and a lot of things can go wrong, and unfortunately do as well.

They are probably trying to protect their AI code from reverse enginering but it comes back to bite them in the butt now that they're lacking to provide decent game services. Besides this, don't expect to see quality products coming from game publishers, there is absolutely no incentive to make them, instead it's the opposite.

Next game will be better ... we learned from our mistakes. Yeah right, they don't.

• xcel30
    931 posts

@echolecter Most of that is to both have control over save files and don't let hackers REALLY mess the game with server crashes and other stuff, otherwise people would be able to send in data to others that could causa their game to crash or edit their savefile to give them all items perfectly rolled and so on.

That's why it's common to exploits and hacks use the game own code or system for that, siege is a good example that see through wall hacks often just use some operator intel gadget code or even the instant kill teleport hack was someone using an leftover code from an PVE event about enemy that could go underground and appear elsewhere.

• Imagine_Brata
    748 posts

@hyper-sniper and I have good internet, so I have no problems with lag

• echolecter
    354 posts

@xcel30 In PvP situations I can see this may be a valid reason to have checks on a server. On the other hand people still manage to use cheats in this game so appearently that doesn't really work out that well. Whether you can send altered data packets via the server (that doesn't check properly) to players or directly to them is more or less the same.

For me, as solo player, I don't see any benifits at all and often it's only working against me when there is no optimal communication between client-server. I could not care less about other players modifying their own files, use mods, cheats, etc.

• hyper---sniper
    131 posts

@Imagine_Brata i have NO lag it is NOT lag , if it was lag it would catch up , the damage does not register period .. they change things all the time , Chasing bounties , 1 bounty i had 9 named bosses lower level when it should have had 3 total they kept spawning then went up to higher level and had 3 more , my SMG build use to melt npc now it does not and has been like this for weeks . my skills do no damage , they worked good before ?. legendary summit is easier than heroic or challenge ?. npc challenge drops better items than heroic and less purples ?..and you call it lag ?.. this is where the game is working as intended , to grief players , to make them weak and the npc spongy . if it was lag it would differ from day to day , but they are all the dam same bullet sponges .. the game is a mess , i think they have some trainees working on it and they just do not care how it goes .

• xcel30
    931 posts

@echolecter I do agree that for the always online structure you will always suffer from lag and ubisoft "upgrades" they had with uplay and now ubi connect always appears to have wrecked their connections.

While you in a solo player see that as just useless roadblock, on paper these things are designed that way for areason, this appears more of a crime of incompetence from the devs with mismanagement from ubisoft.

BF2042 had a horrible launch because higher ups always shipped broken games on release so they didnt care that the new one waa also going to be broken on release and slapped them hard.

server side handling most information is there for safety and control being kept in devs hand to avoid issues, their structure is just bad at handling everything sadly

• killerjames425
    Original poster 12 posts

I have Gigabit Internet and my ping to Division 2 is 20ms, So my internet isn't the problem
    Also on PC version of Division 2 has the same problem as Xbox = Invisible NPCs, NPCs can walk though a wall and jump over stuff that we can't, Skills not working or won't lock onto a NPC no matter how many times you click the button, Getting bull rushed buy 5 NPCs (On my Xbox Feed), Shotguns that can shoot 2 city blocks (I guess y'all don't know Guns like us Southern USA people)

Oh and I really like my turret shooting a NPC then it starts shooting at Valhalla or maybe it's my GOD (No the NPC isn't shooting my turret)

Suggested Topics