ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Viking_Jarl
    Original poster 100 posts

I feel this is just stuffing to get more people to grind forever, cause to be honest not many of us have the inclination to complete this task.
    It's boring, have no real use, ok so you get TEN more percent per complete tenth level, youpti fkkin dooo. What does that do in the grand scheme of things?.

Let me explain.

With all this percentage flying around you would think that increasing a auto rifle that puts out 110 dmg for example would do plenty damage, well no, not even if you increase it to max output, put on some extra weapon damage gear, with damage to armour and damage out of cover, cause i have tried it. You hardly notice it.

It's all window dressing created to look as it would do some difference

So here comes the proficiency and ExperTEASE system. Granted i'm far from finished if you look at my level. But why on earth would i wanna put myself through this ridiculous meat-grinder of a mechanic if the rewards are really slim?

This is as stupid as Bungies crafting weapons.

Sure the idea and intention on paper may be good, but in real life application not so much.

If you want me to believe that there will be a huge difference and change to the gameplay IF i only reach level 20, well i don't buy that for a second.

Look, i have played games and been apart of the Ubisoft Family since Jesus Christ ran around in shorts, same goes for The Division and Division 2
    I have no problem with games that dishes out challenges as long as they are both fair and meaningful.

Expertise and the latest TU aint it!

Why should people play complete Raids when smaller versions like Countdown clearly shows the many flaws of this game?

1. The expertise need to reworked, it should be enough to upgrade a COMPLETE BRAND one time, to access the whole brand set with all the gear
    2. Where is the rpg elements that were promised, and the exploration without boundaries, is this game not a Live service game, so why strict boundaries then?
    3. If you increase stats and put in the effort to build your character it should reflect in the game.
    4. How come some weapons with the same rpm and output does not do the same dmg?, despite the fact that i use the same talent?
    5. If you max out a weapon and WASTE materials it should be noticeable and not just a fraction of a damage showing. (Massive made a huge mistake letting us be able to show the dmg numbers) can't hide from that one, now can you?
    6. When using different status-builds, why on earth are Black Tusk so much more powerful when they have the same kit on? (Seriously)
    7. I have watched players take on Legendary difficulty and to be frank it don't look or feel that fun at all, some just glitch the whole game or face-tank everything. So i guess that was the intention of the developers all along wasn't it?
    8. If you have a TANK build 1,8 MILLION, does it seem logical that hunters can decimate that armour in 2 seconds time
    9. Why do two of the same enemy types have different hit points and damage output, aren't they the same?, i mean if two agents get shot both their health and armour runs out pretty quickly, should they be different like the NPC's?
    10. The Armor on the NPC's is ludicrous, not only do they have a thick chunk of health they also are build like tanks, even the tiny smaller ones
    11. How much damage can a Hunter in Countdown take (50 000 000?)
    12. Players DESERVE to get the loot dropped by killed enemies in Countdown in the LZ even if they dies or gets thrown out because of BAD CONNECTION and DELTA Force!
    13. Increase the band-with in the servers to get better connection, the fault does not lie on our side (FACT)

This game gets worse by the day, things that did work before are now broken. Like rolling on the ground were there WAS fire, stand to long and you'll burn even if the fire was put out.

My absolute favourite, The Hunter JFK bullets, are they heat-seekers or infrared?, cause they track pretty good through walls and corners. I kid you not i was killed standing behind the small little hut from afar by a hunter IN COVER!

One more thing, freshen up the apparels in the store, cause those skin colors are pretty old and boring by now same goes for the hats, jackets, shoes and pants!

Time for a 3.0

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• hyper---sniper
    228 posts

@Viking_Jarl It is all smoke mirrors and lies , every upgrade is smaller than they say , expertise says 1% weapon damage but it is not near 1% , same with armour etc , it is all percentages , from base damage or whatever .

I run 4 characters 1 character i have all gear at level 9 gear and another still at normal , the character with the level 9 will not work for heroic content , and he is stronger in the shooting range ?. go to open world and he gets melted and hitting npc is like they are bullet proof ?.. this is not a server issue ..
    my character with normal gear not upgraded walks through heroic content and is good in legendary content ?.. both characters have safety distance and carbine 7 , both have same gear but 1 is normal no expertise added ?. i run 4 directives and normally heroic but once i started to upgrade my character it all fell apart ?..

The devs say we are going through content to fast ?. but some players play lots of hours , they will not stop the speed or time players have to play or go through content . so they add cheats to the npc , flames that run up steps and through walls , bullets and grenades that ignore armour , heat seeking grenades , i have vids that i recorded leaving cover and the grenade changing direction in mid air to follow me ?. and the nerf to the speed when you try to dodge a grenade , it feels like slow motion ..or you get stuck to the cover and melted .

I still play and i still enjoy the game most of the time , but the changes they have made to movement etc is killing the game , and the expertise system is a waste of time and effort . this is the worst idea ever .
    Stop with the carrots on a stick and fix the game , players will play it more , this so called upgrades are doing more harm than good . get back to the story , stop trying to play the players and forcing them to play modes they do not want, and allow all gear to be available to the game not locked behind modes ..

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@hyper-sniper

„expertise system is a waste of time and effort this is the worst idea ever“
    Personally I fully agree but a lot people seem to enjoy this because grind is the core reason for them to play the game. I mean, it’s optional, no need to do this, if their wouldn’t be the impact on PvP.

„so called upgrades are doing more harm than good“
    I got the impression that a lot people like countdown. Even my pure PvP friends who despise PvE were playing Countdown for weeks 😊.

„get back to the story … forcing them to play modes they do not want“
    I think there is no mode we are forced to play, right? A lot people apparently like to play modes. Personally I agree, I dislike all of them, apart from Survival, Underground and Last Stand in D1 and Conflict in D2.

With the new manhunt setup you got story again 😊.

What is the content you are hoping for?

• hyper---sniper
    228 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 I enjoyed the game then they came out with expertise ?. why ? to keep us grinding ? they do not need this to keep us grinding , as for the story it was dead in the water over a year ago.. they lost the story in the first one..
    Now the game is just carrots on a stick , smoke mirrors and cheats . countdown ? another hole in the wall , nerf openworld drops and add them to countdown , ?.. Just like summit , it was ok for farming now level after level for a few drops of junk ?.. I think this is the first game i have played that does not want you to advance , they let you grind build then nerf , just when it gets good , then nerf again , and call it balance , i call it theft , you collect all this gear just to be nerfed ,

I think the devs really need to sit down and make up their minds what kind of game this is , is it a looter a shooter or just as it is now a time waster that makes them money ..

the game needs purpose , something to grind for and as far as i can see it does not have it now , yes it has expertise but that is just another mindless grind for no real reasons ...

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@hyper-sniper

„game needs purpose , something to grind for“

I am struggling with that. You have the grind during campaign to level 30, then the world tiers, then level 40, then the grind for better gear and guns, then filling SHD watch, no the Expertise grind. Now they announced further gear and guns for grind. That’s a hell of a grind 😁. I would have preferred that the grind stops already at level 30 😁. Grind is work for me, wasting my limited playtime. Playable content matters.

No, we don’t need something to grind for, we need something to play for. We play the same thing again and again since WoNY, apart from the new rusher raid.

• hyper---sniper
    228 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 How long have you played the game ? .the good old days of level 30 -40 is gone , that was the good times in the game , when we actually got some loot , the grind now is a slog not a grind , it has been nerfed so bad it is not a looter anymore , adding expertise has not given us anything to grind for , just more lies , 1% armour and 1% weapon damage , what a joke , you get 1% of base damage not your actual damage , just smoke and mirrors , then the npc update along with you so you get no benefit from the upgrades unless you pvp , and even then it is marginal ,
    D1 and D2 i used 4 characters , D1 was fantastic even with the bugs and survival made it even better , D2 we got the bugs and nerfs , and stupid little upgrades now and then , we do not even have much of a story now, it is just a test to see how much junk they can throw at us and what we will grind for .

The loot pool , it is fixed it is not random , set to drop only junk 99.9% of the time .and less than 50% of loot that we use to get, the game has lost its meaning its story and its loot , why grind to be nerfed again and again ?. they know how it will turn out , but still they give a op item now and again to make us feel good , then some some hardcore player finds he gets melted with this new op item and cries for nerfs ,then they nerf it .

The DZ was the best , running solo farming the DZ , you had real players chasing you down trying to rob you , 4 - 1 , yes i got melted a good few times , but it gave the game meaning . and when you won you felt like you had a good build and all was working well , then the nerfs and back to square one , then they nerfed the DZ , and made a few changes and the cheating got a lot worse , players just did not see the point in playing fair and started to camp at door etc , this is when the DZ died for a lot of us.
    So all in the game came from the best game ever to a nerfed unmanaged mess , and to boot NO survival mode . have the devs ran out of ideas ?. or is it that they just do not care no more ?. .

I am a division addict , i love to play but the devs are making fools of us , they know every step they take , you can only get as powerful as they want you to be , and if you find a way over that they nerf it double quick , they fix bugs they want to fix and do not even look at the ones that break gameplay , we are being led like donkeys on a stick , yes i like it but it needs fixed ,

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@hyper-sniper
    Hi Hyper

„How long have you played the game ?“
    When I checked the last time, which was a while ago, both Division games more than 3.000 hours each, being at SHD 9.100 right now. Basically playing since release, playing other games in between or in parallel, eg the great RDR2.

„the good old days of level 30 -40 is gone“
    not for me, just playing my 4th campaign of Division 1, Division 2 campaign I played 2 times so far but I am being forced by Ubi to play the campaign a 3rd time because they don’t want to open the door in City Hall for me which leads to the great underground area during the WoNY entry mission, which I would like to see again 😊. These shitheads in the decision boards… prepare great locations for few minutes gameplay only like the contaminated buildings and wasting their resources on new frippery.

„ the grind now is a slog not a grind“
    cannot comment, I do not care about grind

„expertise has not given us anything to grind for , just more lies , 1% armour and 1% weapon damage , what a joke“
    I understand 20% base damage increase is quite a lot. I got melted by quite some rouges with 15+% while before I won more encounters. That’s why I stopped playing PvP in Division 2 (continue in D1) because I do not want to do that Expertise [censored]. The worst addition for me in this game.

“survival“
    Yeah, great mode. I fear the next mode in Division 2 will be Incursion or Resistance or another Countdown. Hoping for a realistic „tactical shooter“ mode 😁 instead of these DOOM modes.

„we do not even have much of a story now“
    The new manhunt set up provided good narrative, I think, but it’s 1-2 hours playtime only while the gameplay itself is basically the same apart from more robots, drones and the big drone with a bit difficulty increase.

„why grind to be nerfed again and again“
    considering all the changes since release … it’s indeed remarkable

„The DZ was the best“
    Most of my time I spent in the darkzone of Division 1, I like the tension real players provide. Played also a lot in D2 darkzones and Conflict till the Expertise issue. But my Division 1 friends stayed in Division 1, apart from one, who left Division 2 before even reaching SHD 100 and returned to Division 1.

„cheating got a lot worse“
    I play with Xbox one x, never saw a cheater in the darkzones

„have the devs ran out of ideas“
    From my perspective definately or they simply focus of a certain player type or cheap content. I play mostly open world inc darkzones (till Expertise) and missions. The mission and open world design is great, the gameplay way to simple, 100% linear in missions, extremely repetitive and open world activities are without any love. I hate their mode and grind and technical frippery focus and that they ignore the great base game and doing all the time different things making me wonder for what purpose they developed the great open world which they ignore all the time. Shitheads in decision boards.

„I am a division addict“
    Me too, no other game gave me the emotion Division 1 gave me right from the start. That game even changed my life 😊 … ask my wife and childrens 😁.

But if there would be a tactical shooter out there with realistic gameplay and Division 1 visuals … I would never return to Division games and not buy a Division 3.

I hope that the Star Wars game will be a good shooter and not a horrible looter with a bit shooting like Division 2. Further hoping for the Next Ghost Recon, liked Wildlands, stopped breakpoint after 20 hours and deinstalled.

Best
    Gnarly

• hyper---sniper
    228 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 All i can say is enjoy it while you can , 👍 .

• Imagine_Brata
    879 posts
    Look, i have played games and been apart of the Ubisoft Family since Jesus Christ ran around in shorts,

I do not believe at all that you are over 2000 years old

• gamecrusher447
    118 posts
    I do not believe at all that you are over 2000 years old

I do not believe Jesus Christ ran around in shorts.

Suggested Topics