ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

Hi, I'm Oğuz, my username is Lordzilla.
    First of all, I would like to thank you, your team and Ivory tower for all the changes and innovations you have made in The crew 2. I'm happy to say it's the best and biggest open world car racing game I've played in a very long time, and of course, I'm waiting for The crew 3 with great patience and excitement.

The problem is; In a race online, the best two or three players take advantage of the sleepstream, an overrated and disliked feature in the game, and compete among themselves as if the other players don't exist.

Somehow these top players outnumber all the players after a few hundred miles and then they get in, then the ridiculous sleepstream kicks in and none of us can catch up, we can't win a race. Intermediate or lower level players like me have very negative online racing experiences.

Please but please I ask you and your team for solution, sleepstream is not a perfect requirement in the game, even better not to have it, for intermediate and low level players. Indeed, in the online race, certain people only win races, the good ones sleepstream together and it is not possible for us to catch up with them.

Please remove sleepstream completely or greatly reduce your impact. The topspeed that vehicles reach with Sleepstream are the topspeeds that should already be normal. It might be a better idea to remove it completely and add an extra 400-500 horsepower to the StretRace cars.

I think it will be a better experience for all players to protect the topspeed that Sleepstream adds to the vehicles by adding +400,500 horsepower, and I think it will be a better experience for all players, and intermediate players from online races can catch up with the best players and win races, as well as for all other players. You get a nicer experience on your online base.

I apologize for my grammatical mistakes, I used the translation, thank you in advance for your attention. You may not have received much feedback about this problem, but I see that especially new players are left behind in the online game, they have a bad experience, I witness how many people leave the game every day, I'm sure there are people who have a nervous breakdown and break their computer or keyboard. . Please resolve this issue. Finish SleepStream in all disciplines, and adding +400,500 horsepower could be a good solution.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3961 posts
    Best Answer

Hey @Lordzilla ,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts on the slip-stream feature.

As slip-streaming is an action which makes use or the reduced air resistance caused by tailing close to the car in front - making this feature one that doesn't require another vehicle would defeat it's purpose.

With this, while the features all out removal or adjustment to this degree is very unlikely, I can understand your points regarding certain PvP modes, particularly your point noting those races with Collision disabled @OBu42 .

We'll pass your comments onto the team however as the system is based on the real tactic used in racing, can't guarantee there will be any major changes made.

If there's anything further you'd like to ask or add to this, please let us know.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • CREW_ITALY
    205 posts

@Lordzilla

it is part of the strategy of the game if you all see we have a menu that explains the parts what they are for. To understand this game, it takes an infinite number of hours which translate into gaming experience. I would remove the incorrect traffic that badly bugged that bothers you in many races and when you are free on the map it is not nice that you enter a game and find yourself blocked armored by meaningless vehicles that come against you or that form real walls, this technology defined artificial intelligence was integrated in 2021 making the game unplayable stressful in some respects. It seems to me that we have also played together: I just tell you to be patient and try to understand the mechanics of the game for other game frustrations there is time.
    If I can give you a personal opinion "beware the following could contain spoiller"
    When someone who is simply more experienced than you invites you to crew, they are not doing it to prove that you are better at it but are simply helping you get parts and money to optimize your vehicle.
    so abandoning the race leaving the crew only brings harm to you and the one who is helping you.

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

I'm not a newbie in the game, I've been playing since the first day it came out. There are not as many online players as before because the reason is because of the exaggerated and ridiculous acceleration created by sleepstream, 2-3 people start well, the others are a little behind and they are single, it is impossible to catch up with the groups, because the groups already sleepstream, outpacing the ones left behind. it can't keep up with them because it can't sleepstream alone.

sorry for my grammar mistake, i use translation

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

I mean exactly, those who catch the sleepstream sync finish the race among themselves, but those who can't catch the sync can't catch up with them, because they go with the sleepstream at the highest speed and acceleration that the car can see, which misses the sync and makes it very difficult for those who are left behind.

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@CREW_ITALY Everyone should be able to use the exaggerated effect of the sleepstream feature alone, for this it would be nice if we increased the street race cars from 600 horsepower to 1000 horsepower, no one would have to catch up and lose the race because the sleepstream was out of sync.

• OBu42
    253 posts

@Lordzilla

One simple solution would be to remove the effect of slipstream for races with collisions set to "off". The Slipstream effect in races with collision is not that bad because people can not drive into each other, they have to overtake properly. This is why I prefer the "collision on" PvP events even though there is the ramming issue.

• Anykeyer
    209 posts

Ghosted slipstream makes no sense, it ruins entire categories of events. Like PvP (which already sucks so much), RR and Speed Tour.

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

My friend, I mean sleepstream is very unnecessary, it is not a fair race in both pvp and livesummit. What I mean is that everyone should be able to use sleepstream alone, no one else should be needed while doing speedtrap, those with friend groups can get more points thanks to sleepstream, or they can finish it in incredible times thanks to sleepstream in pvp. It's a bad experience for new players, how many people leave the game, do you never witness it?

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

I would like to ask you, the team that developed the game, in the next update, so that everyone can use the sleepstream everywhere without the need for anyone, or so that every vehicle can double the horsepower and see the maximum 420 km/h in the SR that the vehicle reaches with the sleepstream.

It really isn't fair anywhere, either in pvp or livesummits. Not everyone enters livesummit with a group of friends.

Look, I don't mean myself, because new players can't stay in sleepstream, they stay behind and leave the race in pvp when necessary, who knows, there are those who are neither upset nor angry.

• CREW_ITALY
    205 posts

@Lordzilla

Hi friend if you are old of the game you could find confirmation in what I wrote before the same vehicle reached 402km now using the maximum speed + nitro at the end 378 if I follow someone 386.

The problem was born a little earlier, let's say about 1 year 2 months: First you reached the maximum speed of the vehicle in acceptable times and then you used the nitro to go at very high speeds and maintain it.
    Now the vehicles for example an H.C. it shows the maximum speed 450km but the speed stops already with the penultimate gear towards the 400 and it is hard to reach the 430km with an infinity of distance maybe you get to 440 and you use the nitro that have strongly weakened the effectiveness. In addition to the fact that the vehicles now downhill not on all points but on many typical routes in the N.Y race at exactly 42% you pass under a long downhill gallia the vehicle slows down instead of increasing the speed.
    Another negative change is that the vehicles do not maintain top speed.
    The configuration of the vehicles gives me the feeling that it is based on a backup of the game from 2019. but they didn't realize that by adding further limitations to that backup they made the game unplayable and uncompetitive.
    If all this is not enough they put the added traffic to which the programmer I remember as if it were yesterday he felt honored and boasted of having given heart and soul. Heart and soul to ruin a game that already had its flaws.
    The programmers ignore everything now they are busy adding races and vehicles, leaving out all the problems that push players away.
    New players may not be aware of all these problems because they don't have the hours to figure it out when they start to realize the return time has expired and then they uninstall the game or just keep playing while waiting for some problems to be resolved. gambling problems have been around for 4 years now and with various changes wrong choices the result is what you see currently.
    They promised to advertise a great graphic adaptation .. I don't think they succeeded.
    I don't understand how it is possible that they do not check anything before sending an update.
    The new game menu has simple banner images that don't open.
    When I quit the game despite saving the 1440 settings in full screen every time I restart the game I find it in windowed mode and I have to put it back to full screen.
    A competitive game must be the same for everyone it is not because a manual gearbox is used if in advantage because from 2020 there is a strong bug on the automatic gearbox.
    If I wanted to make a video with all the problems of the game it would take hours hours that they don't even consider.
    This forum the staff is very helpful but they always say the things they are told to do .. They always say there are problems with the pc or with the consol and never say that a problem of the programmers.
    I understand dear staff that you get paid for this
    how frustrating it is to answer everyone .. But we don't have the possibility to contact the game producer who doesn't answer to anyone and every now and then he launches some press releases that will say and patch after patch the game only encounters new problems
    If you want to censor this post too, so much by now I'm used to it despite my complaint that I express my freedom of thought and speech and I don't think I've ever offended anyone.

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@CREW_ITALY My friend, I appreciate you for considering and giving a long answer and I understand you. So you are saying that whether you go behind someone in SleepStream or not, or if you compete with good opponents in an online race, the difference in speed is at most 5-6 %. You mean don't worry about it, I think you're right.
    Can I make a request to you about content development and innovation? I don't know how you connect with the content development team, maybe it's not easy, but I understand your forwarding situation, I would be very grateful if you could forward it. At least this idea will last and we can see it in The Crew 3.My favorite car in real life is the nissan gtr r35, but the crew 2 doesn't hold up well in pvp, I don't like the handling and I only use it for free riding. Of course, I am looking forward to the newly added nismo, I hope it will be as I imagined. and I can win nice races with it in pvp.
    My request is: There are wide body kits that suit especially the nissan gtr r35, you know, Pandem and LiberyWalk, these wide body kits can be adapted to many cars, I say, can we see these wide body kits in the car customization section?
    Of course, I don't mind that this is not the case, if these wide body kits are available, the quality of the game will increase and it will be a pleasant experience for everyone. Then of course, we can see these body kits in The Crew 3, which everyone has been waiting for, so we can see them.

my english is not very good i used translation and sorry for my grammar mistakes

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Best Answer

Hey @Lordzilla ,

Thanks for getting in touch and sharing your thoughts on the slip-stream feature.

As slip-streaming is an action which makes use or the reduced air resistance caused by tailing close to the car in front - making this feature one that doesn't require another vehicle would defeat it's purpose.

With this, while the features all out removal or adjustment to this degree is very unlikely, I can understand your points regarding certain PvP modes, particularly your point noting those races with Collision disabled @OBu42 .

We'll pass your comments onto the team however as the system is based on the real tactic used in racing, can't guarantee there will be any major changes made.

If there's anything further you'd like to ask or add to this, please let us know.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Don.B._CN
    60 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry You are right with how you explained the effect of slipstream. But in case of The Crew 1 and 2 the slipstream-effect was always way too exaggerated. I mean cars exceeding their technical or better said non-slipstream-topspeed by 40-60 kmh. In which world is that physically possible and more important fair.

As a singleplayer it makes no sense at all to go for toptimes, when you drive against other players who benefit from slipstreaming each other. And in this case it doesn't even matter if its with or without collision. Even with collision the difference is too big to not get attention. As a singleplayer you should at least reach the same topspeed as the people using slipstream are reaching. Or just reduce the slipstream-effect to a degree that makes actually sense, which preferably would be the best solution. (Just look at how it is in Forza. There you just accelerate a little bit faster.)

I don't expect something to be done to this issue in TC2 anymore. For that the game is already too long out and pretty much at the end of it's lifecycle. But it should be an important topic in a possible TC3.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for adding this too @Don-B-_CN, appreciate it and it's been noted to the team along with the other comments from this thread.

Should there be any response to this feedback, we'll let you know.

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry Hello. Wouldn't it be okay to add an equivalent feature or engine power to slipstream alone? Even the best players benefit from slipstraem alone, because especially I go to all the peaks alone, I can enter between 300-500 people, but wouldn't it be better if there was an equivalent skill or engine power to sleepstream?. Thank you. The Slipstream thing is not so important, in fact, what I want to see most in this game is the wide body kits for the cars. LiberyWalk and Pandem. LiberyWalk suits the nissan gtr r35 e especially well, but I like the Pandem wide body kit more in that car. Would it be possible for these features to come from you, please?

My English is not good so I used a translation sorry for grammatical and word mistakes

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

Without forgetting to say, thank you for all the innovations and improvements you have made in the game so far, you cannot meet everyone's needs yes, but I think you are doing a good job, I would like to have graphics like the trailer at the beginning of the game, but it is in a very good condition because you care and develop it, thank you very much. I wonder when exactly The crew 3 will come out, please don't forget to add the wide body kits to that game and also huge 4 lane highways

It's weird to say it like that, it's like ordering 😄

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry I would like to make a recommendation for The crew 3, although it may seem personal, it will improve the gaming experience for all players.
    I think the lack of this slipstream feature in The crew 3 would be a fairer and better experience for all players, and it would also be nice to see huge 4-lane highways on the map, both as race stages and free rides. Also more wide body kits (Pandem, LiberyWalk.. etc), vehicle height adjustment and gradual tire thickness adjustment in car customization garage give us a great experience. And It would be great if we could increase the engine and torque power of the StreetRace cars to 1000-1500 horsepower, the car screaming so crazy when accelerating.

• Don.B._CN
    60 posts

@Lordzilla Bringing in branded widebodys has something to do with licensing. IVT can not just add them. They have to pay for those licenses to the tunerbrands and they need the permission from the respective carbrands to unlock their cars for those widebodys (for which they also have to pay for).

Just look at how limited the tuning on the Nissans is.

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@Don-B-_CN I didn't know they had to buy licenses and pay for wide body kits. It may not be right to name it, but that famous car racing game, which is at the forefront with its well-known story, has obtained the necessary permits and licenses, do you think that famous game company made a loss or profit because it paid for wide body kits?

• Lordzilla..
    Original poster 26 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry I think The crew 3 is in the making, so for all the crew fans I have some suggestions for the producing and dev teams.

1- If the trailer graphics of the game are the same as in the game, it would be nice, I have no doubt that it will have beautiful graphics.
    2- Having an advanced rendering system. It would be nice if the texture quality and resolution of the mountains, vegetation and rocks in the distance that our eyes can see while driving on the road are high.
    3-It would be better without slipstream or without being presented as a feature at the level it really is.
    4-In addition to other customizations for cars, upgrade tuning, gradual tire thickening and more wide body kits (Pandem, LiberyWalk, RocketBunny etc.)
    5- More car types and models. Except maybe the HC car, everyone can build RallyRaid, RallyCross, Tunnig Car, Drift, Drag and MonsterTrack cars themselves, from the general car variety. For example, you buy a nissan gtr stock, in the garage we can develop it as a drift build, drag build, rally raid or cross, tunnig or monster truck.
    6- Very high horsepower and torque powers, such as 2000, 2500
    7- Huge wide 4 lane highways. Let the people see the highway. It would be great to see the artificial intelligences we compete in the stages on the highways and to compete with them in a random race route.
    8- When we strengthen the motorcycles, their top speeds are almost close to street race cars, and they accelerate to 400-450 km.
    9- With a stock car and reinforced engine volume, its handling and cornering stability at high speeds should have increased compared to its stock state.
    10- Multiple characters, character customizations, and the ability to change the character whenever we want
    11- Buying, selling or smashing as many cars as we want or send as a gift
    12- Witnessing strange events similar to real life while driving freely, traffic accident, police ambulance arrival at the scene, car greed, different artificial intelligence human behaviors, people sitting in cafes, eating in restaurants, fights at the bar, drunken drunken wanderers, luxury place crowded people in the evening and night hours at the entrances and exits, luxury cars entering the place and densities, etc.

Suggested Topics