ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 111 posts

I see a lot of people saying they want new missions instead of variations of old mission area's. So I though, "let's see what kinda new missions people could think of".

Rules:
    1) the location: where does the mission take place and how does the environment look? The more specific the better. (Give yourself a challenge and try to put the mission in the already existing maps. DC, NY)
    2) the enemies: which enemies are part of your mission? Who are the bosses?
    3) the story: Every mission has a story. What are the enemies doing? Why are they there to begin with? And what is the reason the agent gets involved? (The story doesn't have to be tied to the story the devs are building. You can ofcourse but you can also do something else.)

Optional: post some pictures to give people an image how your mission would feel.

So here is my idea. No I'm not that imaginative but I tried to create something fun.

NY, East river. Black tusk has setup a forward base on the water, between the wall street ferry and the zip aviation, from which they're moving supplies into the city. It's the divisions task to destroy those supplies, neutralize the black tusk commander and take the base. The mission starts on the wall street ferry pier where the agents use a drone strike to blast a whole through the wall. And take out some of the nearby infrastructuur (mostly just vehicles and small defenses). The entire base is immediatly put on high alert. Black tusk start opening fire on the agents but are quick dealt with. The agents move through the base destroying small baches of supplies before locating a supply depot on the other side of the water. They call in another drone strike but the drone gets shot down by the nearby hovercraft. The agents move to the supply depot and blow it up with c4. A black tusk osprey helicopter flies in and drops of troops including the first boss of the mission, lieutenant carter. She is an assault with access to an rpg. She looks like a drone operator only without the drones and a head like the black tusk rusher (still with a pony tail). She taunts the agents. Saying that they're nothing more than a soldier with a fancy toy (ISAC). After the agents kill carter and the black tusk grunts, they move towards the zip aviation pier where black tusk have setup a comms station. The division captures the comms station and moves on to the hovercraft. The hovercraft entrance is being defended by two turrets and some grunts. Inside the hovercraft there are more supplies which the agents destroy. (At this point, if it wasn't already, it's going to feel similiar to tidal basin). The agents move up to the deck of the hovercraft where they find the man in charge of this operation. Paul O'Brien. He's a grenadier. Wearing a similiar outfit as scheaffer only his chest looks armor looks like the negotiater's dilemma and with one of those a bullet proof helmets. (Like wyvern has). He's angry for what we've done. Apperently he was planning to take lower manhatten for months, and he was going to do it with those supplies to prove himself worthy of becoming the new btsu leader. He then attacks the agents with his moddified grenade launcher which can rapid fire cluster munitions that cause bleed. When the agents take him out they fire of a flare and the mission ends. The players can then repel of a rope near the engines to get back behind the hovercraft and walk through the zip aviation building back on to the streets of NY.

Wall street ferry pier.

Zip aviation pier with comms station (Door will be closed when mission is not completed).

Black Tusk hovercraft where the final boss fight takes place.

The East river between the ferry pier and aviation pier/hovercraft on which the base will be build. (Entire area will look similiar to the parts in tidal basin that are on water and the end of invaded Roosevelt Island. A large wall with sniper towers with search lights on them will split the base from the road.)

I also wrote some character dialoge.
    "The mission starts"
    Roy Benitez: Ok agent. We will make the entrance from there on out it's up to you.
    Paul Rhodes: You might wanna stand back.
    "The division enters the base"
    ISAC: intercepting hostile communications.
    Paul O'Brien: What the hell was that?
    Black Tusk soldier: The division has breached the perimeter!
    Paul O'Brien: Copy that. Everyone, neutralize those agents.
    "The agents spot the supply depot"
    Lieutenant Carter: Paul I'm on approach with the remaining supplies keener had on libarty Island.
    Paul O'Brien: Then you better get armed up. We got division on site.
    Lieutenant Carter: I'm gone for 10 minutes and you lose control? Typical.
    "the drone comes in for an airstrike on the depot"
    Paul Rhodes: alright agent. Get ready for some fireworks.
    Paul O'Brien: Oh no you don't.
    "The drone gets shot down"
    Black Tusk soldier: target has been destroyed.
    Paul Rhodes: God damnit.
    Paul O'Brien: Good now let's clean house.
    "agents blow up the depot"
    Roy Benitez: For your knowledge. Whe can see the fire from here.
    "Osprey helicopter arrives"
    Lieutenant Carter: Alright agents. Show me what that little AI can do.
    "Agents neutralize Carter"
    Paul O'Brien: Carter what's your status? Carter? F*ck.
    Paul O'Brien: I'm not losing this base. Call for back up. Get everyone back here.
    Roy Benitez: unless you want to fight of a small army, I suggest you intercept that signal.
    "Agents intercept the call for back up"
    Paul O'Brien: What just happened?
    Black Tusk soldier: Division hacked the comms. Were on our own.
    Paul O'Brien: Copy that. Everyone, get onboard we're leaving. We got enough supplies on the hovercraft.
    Roy Benitez: agent we can't let them get away. You got to get on that hovercraft.
    "Agents get onboard, destroy the supplies and get to the deck"
    Paul O'Brien: Do you have any idea how much work you destroyed. I will take this city and I will destroy the division. And it starts here. By killing you.
    "The division neutralizes O'Brien"
    Roy Benitez: You did good today agent. If those supplies got on the street. I'm sure they would have had the fire power to take this city and kill everyone in their way. Thank you.

I worked really hard on this and I can't wait to see what you think about it and your ideas.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@gamecrusher447
    Dear gamecrusher,
    excuse I hold my views short and general. For me the open world content, missions and darkzones matter, the rest I do not care. Therefore I very much appreciate your proposals. I see your passion in your post. Great!

What I have in mind wrt missions:

• make use of existing locations in the open world, we have a lot unused, eg the great contaminated buildings, the meh tunnels, locations from side missions and the multiple non-used
    • mission design should be opened up to get rid of the 100% linearity, enabling flexible and varied gameplay (like in Wildlands), current mission design is basically a tunnel. Mission maps should include several ways and rooms/hallways left and right, basically as in reality. Examples for existing open mission maps: Kenly, Countdown, the 5 Conflict maps
    • mission maps should be used for multiple use instead of one-time use, eg for smaller sidemissions, projects, part of a narrative involving different locations. Mission maps should be part of open world. Currently it feels like an add-on
    • mission maps should be designed in an interesting manner and visually fit to the story which is currently very limited the case
    • Missions should include realistic activities that fit to the story. Current mission set up is pretty much focused on technical effects providing DOOM-like feeling
    • Mission maps should include secrets that contribute to the story and information (eg in computers, notes on desks, people we meet in mission areas) that unlock further activities
    • Missions currently have always the same set up, go into a restricted area, a room or otherwise restricted, shoot, a door opens … till the final boss. That’s extremely meh. Missions could have further targets, eg finding information in a secret and hidden server, rescuing scientists or civilians in open world, finding and procuring material/appliances to find a cure, for setting up a communication system or a defend system in base of operation, to find a secret weapon/ammunition armory …
    • Mission set up should be dynamic, means variations could be embedded to reduce the repetitive feeling a bit, eg different targets instead of 1 target for one mission map, a fire burns somewhere, in other occasions not, dead bodies, …. Not what we currently have, eg a bit different ways here and there in invaded missions with locked doors. No, the mission map should be an open area and part of the open world in an integrated way, eg as in Wildlands, Far Cry, …
    • difficulty should be designed by realistic measures instead of bullet sponge, eg we need to find out where the bosses, information, … are. Bosses are protected by more skilled NPCs, located in more difficult areas, …
    • mission design should be varied, smaller missions, longer missions, missions which involve different places inc open work locations
    • exclusion of robots, drones and the like
  • Dust-Demon
    43 posts

@gamecrusher447 i agree with @GnarlyAtol1793
    the open world ( all side missions, classified assignments, raids, kenly, dark zones, countdown, contaminated areas ) could be used for so much more new content ,

• for example kenly college: some weekly reason to go there for an exotic cache, and materials ( these are valuable now a days for expertise ) and maybe have some bounties in there etc.
    • Classified assignments: this has been asked for so long now, let them have diff scalling, with all the new gear sets and brand sets, it would spread the loot pool for targeted loot better. plus these missions are some of the best and most unique, they need to be used more it's just sad for the level designers for those missions to see these locations underused.
    • the dark zones .... lots of people have been wanting a " pve " darkzone, but a lot of pvp'ers complain about that idea, but some suggestions came forward about 1 of the three on rotation every day would be PVE only with new activities in there, maybe hunters at extraction etc. the darkzones are super unique and varied and look more " post apocalyptic " than the open world in my opinion, but a lot of people just don't want to go there because of ganks and cheaters etc.

• gamecrusher447
    @gamecrusher447 i agree with @GnarlyAtol1793
    the open world ( all side missions, classified assignments, raids, kenly, dark zones, countdown, contaminated areas ) could be used for so much more new content ,
    • for example kenly college: some weekly reason to go there for an exotic cache, and materials ( these are valuable now a days for expertise ) and maybe have some bounties in there etc.
    • Classified assignments: this has been asked for so long now, let them have diff scalling, with all the new gear sets and brand sets, it would spread the loot pool for targeted loot better. plus these missions are some of the best and most unique, they need to be used more it's just sad for the level designers for those missions to see these locations underused.
    • the dark zones .... lots of people have been wanting a " pve " darkzone, but a lot of pvp'ers complain about that idea, but some suggestions came forward about 1 of the three on rotation every day would be PVE only with new activities in there, maybe hunters at extraction etc. the darkzones are super unique and varied and look more " post apocalyptic " than the open world in my opinion, but a lot of people just don't want to go there because of ganks and cheaters etc.

I feel divided about this. I agree that the classified assignments should become missions for everyone to play (I say this as a pass owner). But I don't like the idea of a pve darkzone. When it comes to the raids, Kenly and countdown areas I don't really care about those. If they become an open playing field, good. If they don't I wouldn't miss it.

And while I'm personaly satisfied with variants of missions (as long as they have a wow factor to them). Some new ones would be nice. That's why I made this post to begin with. To let people use their imagination and create their own mission.

Small thing btw. I can’t say much because spoilers. But I think you'd like to hear one of the areas you put between ( ) is getting your mission treatment.

• Imagine_Brata
    739 posts

Some Legendary bounties would be fun. And kenly college would be perfect for them.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@gamecrusher447
    The Raid, Kenly and Countdown modes can remain but their maps + dz maps + the 5 conflict maps could be used for base game expansion on top. In Division 1 the open world map has been used for the survival mode, 1 map for two purposes. Therefore why not using these special maps of D2 which are probably designed for a minority of the player base only. I would be happy already if they would make use of it and put some simple territority controls on it, better than nothing, better than a next mode.

In other games the same map is used for a PvE mode and a pvpve mode, why not in Division as well. The 3 dz maps would be a huge PvE map expansion. The current PvEvP mode can remain.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@Imagine_Brata

if they would stop with the nonsense rotation, deleting current tasks and put few territory controls on it, then I would play it already 😊

• suschunga
    487 posts
    I see a lot of people saying they want new missions instead of variations of old mission area's

Those people don't understand how much work it takes. Given how small the core team is, it is unlikely we will see many such missions over the next year.

Why? Because those same people would complain about being bored after replaying the new mission a couple of times. From the devs perspective, it's not a good bang-for-buck use of limited resources.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@suschunga
    right, I understand that and also do not expect that something of the above proposals and views will realize but I was at least hoping that they would integrate the classifieds, even with a compromise, eg preparing heroic difficulty level only, expecting that most endgame players play on that level.

Yes, it’s work to prepare additional missions. But designing all these seasons, new gear, guns, exotics, apparel events, expertise, Countdown … specialization changes and a further mode as well, things they do since WoNY. I don’t see the argument. And for my likings they continue wasting their limited resources for the wrong things as I could see in the latest roadmap, even indicating a new mode.

Yeah, if they for example would have added 5 more missions over the years, like the added outskirts, Pentagon, …, indeed people would be bored now, begging for more 😊.

But what keeps people playing this game? I can only judge from my perspective and what I know from my division friends and random people, when calling for backup, I occasionally ask. And the answer of them is always: missions, open world content and map expansion, the things I play. I never hear more seasons, never hear more guns and the like, apart from my Raid friends who want a new raid because Countdown is nothing they are interested in. My limited PvP friends don’t care at all.

May I ask what you play most in Division 2 and what you would like to see in future?

Indeed, I can not complain. We got a lot in this game. The original release of the game was already a big and complete game. Then we got the added missions and the great WoNY no one expected.

But then it stopped for me, all what came next was not of my interest. Also no issue, it’s free content, why bother. Well, I love both division games and I had hope that they would further develop missions and open world content over time, was even hoping for a new paid DLC. I would be happy to pay for these things like for the classified assignments if they would have been integrated in the base game like the outskirts but not for this strange add on. Since WoNY all their announcements thereafter were disappointing and frustrating for me.

• Dust-Demon
    43 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 i agree, im hoping they will do SOMETHING with the open world, and the other " mini " open areas like kenly. the game really has a lot of untapped potential, and it could work with the seasons, like the new system they have for manhunt bounties " mission takeover ". why not add this system to the classified missions ? or kenly ? or the raids etc, would sure be a breath of fresh air !

as for the open world maybe some new kind of activities, new settlement projects for extra materials and exotics / exotic caches since those are very valuable now, and it would give a reason to revisit and interact with the settlements. maybe travel alongside a group of settlement people as they travel around a zone collecting stuff, and we are tasked to protect over a period of time .. idk just some example, im sure a lot more interesting ideas could come up xD

and what i play the most is open world, simply for the fact it's always different what you do, and especially on heroic, when taking a cp when a bunch of different convoys suddenly show up and it becomes a war zone, then add in a quadcopter .. 😄

• suschunga
    487 posts
    I was at least hoping that they would integrate the classifieds

There are likely business requirements for this not to happen - i.e. Ubi want to be able to charge for an "Ultimate" edition.

Yes, it’s work to prepare additional missions. But designing all these seasons, new gear, guns, exotics, apparel events, expertise, Countdown … specialization changes and a further mode as well, things they do since WoNY. I don’t see the argument.

Which demonstrates again that you don't understand the work that goes into creating a game. It took a few hundred experienced developers a year to create WoNY. Compared to the 35 relative newcomers they have now.

apart from my Raid friends who want a new raid because Countdown is nothing they are interested in. My limited PvP friends don’t care at all.

I have to laugh any time someone points to the dozen or so people they talk to as representative of anything. In a game where the PC-only PTS attracted 19,000 players.

In reality, as an always-online game, Massive know exactly what people play and how often. Most importantly from a business POV, they know how much revenue they are generating, and can support the business case for continuing with the current model.

Would I like another WoNY? Sure, but I'm realistic enough to understand that Ubi might not approve committing the resources required.

Since WoNY all their announcements thereafter were disappointing and frustrating for me.

Then play other games. There are no shortage of them. Even the developers have said that they're not expecting people to only play this game forever.

• Imagine_Brata
    739 posts
    and what i play the most is open world, simply for the fact it's always different what you do, and especially on heroic, when taking a cp when a bunch of different convoys suddenly show up and it becomes a war zone, then add in a quadcopter ..

It is fun. And imagine if we could also scale up the world for 2-4 players. Since it already exists, it should not be so difficult to add it as an option in world settings.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@Dust-Demon
    exactly this
    right, most of my playtime is open world as well because of the same reasons, therefore was hoping over the years that they further develop the open world content

• gamecrusher447

Ok so I love that everyone is talking about what we want from a gameplay perspective. What better way to get the information to the devs then this. But I still haven't seen any examples. That's what this post was about. To give examples of what kinda new openworld activities you want.

So I made a couple of new ones myself (just for fun).

1) Supply crates. Basicelly there are three supply crates that you gotta destroy with c4 that you get from an elite grenadier that spawns with every wave of hostiles. The more crates destroyed the better. Can be encountered with every faction.

2) Drone Deploy Platform. For the intellectuals among you. You should know this translates to DDP, aka DDP-52, aka Razorback. This is basicelly just the Razorback fight from the Libarty Island mission. Step 1: Destroy 2 sub parts then 1 main part. Step 2: Hack the Razorback and repeat step 1 again to complete the objective. Can only be ecountered with Black Tusk.

3) Elite drone recon. What is worse then fighting a Marauder Quadcopter? Fighting a Marauder Quadcopter with striker drone support. Yeah speaks for itself. Destroy drones. Get loot. Yeah this is Black Tusk.

4) Intel collection. Gotta thank @GnarlyAtol1793 for this idea. Gotta hack a server while fighting of waves of enemies. Once the hack is completed you get some loot and a bounty. Can be encountered with every faction.

Okay so far that's it for openworld activities. But I'll go back to the drawing board to think of more and different things to do in the openworld.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@gamecrusher447

I made a post for mission proposals and open world content a while ago, need to look it up, I think in Reddit.

Because I love the open world one example, posted this already a while ago and keep it short

• disclaimer: that’s nothing for the farmers 😊
    • you get a task from an officer in base of operations (like in the new manhunt set up), means narrative to the task
    • the officer is saying that an important scientist is missing who was working on a cure for the Division in a secret laboratory which is in the Southern contaminated building in East Mall.
    • You get the task to search for him
    • you go to the contaminated building and find dead scientists and signs of violence but you find out that several scientists have been kidnapped.
    • Finally you find an injured man who is hiding in that building, providing you with the information that scientist have been interrogated and kidnapped but he does not know why and by whom but he heard during the attack that the scientist will be brought somewhere in the area at Navy Hill
    • you move to Navy Hill, but no fast travelling possible in this activity to support making the task more realistic involving multiple random battles in the streets on the way
    • you do not know wherever the scientists could be hidden at Navy Hill and you are searching. During your search you meet a civilian in the streets who ask you for help (that unlocks another activity, skip that for simplicity) and she reports that she saw a crowd of Black Tusk with several scientists which moved to the place where the old secret bunker is (the one from a side mission during campaign which is not accessible anymore), you search in that area and finally find out that they went into that old bunker
    • you go to the old bunker, having fights with some Black Tusk guys and other randoms, but you find out that the scientists are not here anymore
    • in a computer you find communication with a small secret base of operation of the Black Tusk which is located in the underground area of City Hall NY (upper part is Control Point now), you move there and having big fights, finally finding the scientists in the underground area, rescuing them and escorting them to the helicopter landing place from the police station of the WoNY side mission close to City Hall where they are finally rescued
    • after having cleared this small Black Tusk base a team including you are searching in the underground area, finding weapons, important materials and information that unlocks other activities and secrets which contribute to story, revealing hints to other secret places, laboratories, ammunition, other bases of operations, kidnapped civilians, …

Why I like such a task:

• it’s a task that contributes to the story
    • it involves different places of the open world
    • no fast travelling entails a bit more realism and reduces the linearity
    • requiring to search in open world
    • such activity involves existing places
    • can be designed for different activities and targets (eg finding and helping civilians, finding important information in a server which location is unknown and multiple more possibilities that contribute to the story)
    • can be designed in different difficulty level and length, more different places, more vague hints to find the next place or even the next hint only

The example above involves new battles in existing areas but such a task can also designed in a simpler way, simply using existing locations but without the additional battles, having the random battles only on the way.

For such tasks the map is full with unused locations, areas, buildings and tunnels which could be used. Even locations in mission maps (and the mode maps from the Raids, Conflict, Countdown, Summit, Kenly) and the great looking Safehouses can be involved.

• gamecrusher447

@GnarlyAtol1793

That sound a LOT like something you'd have in ghost recon wildlands/breakpoint. Not saying it's bad. But there are a few things you'd need to tweek for this to work in the division 2.

1) the fast travelling. You're going to need fast travelling as an option. Let’s say I have to go to space administration HQ and from there I have to go to West End. At that point I'd close my game. Cause I ain't walking across the whole map. The reason you can do this in ghost recon is because you have access to vehicles like cars, trucks, helicopter etc. You don't have that in the division.

2) the length. It's an openworld activity. Not an openworld mission. 3 objectives at most. Otherwise it becomes annoying and boring. I can’t speak for everyone, but I guess people don't want to spend a whole hour on 1 activity. Not 1 session atleast.

3) locations. It's fine to use all the locked locations but there has to be a logical order of locations. Let’s take the DCD Headquarters you named. So we start there. Scientist is gone. Talk to civilian. It would make sense to tie a location like DCD to the contaminated areas. Now the scientist had been there but isn't there anymore. You can look for clues with ISAC find out where he whent. Depending on the faction that took him you find the location he got taken to. You said Black Tusk so I'll take those for an example. So the final step will feel like the Xander bounty. You go into a mission area. Let's use the Potomac Event Center since that is close to the DCD Headquarters. So you enter the invaded version of the Potomac and fight through Black Tusk and halfway through you find him being held captive you take out the Black Tusk and their leader, talk to the scientist and mission ends.

Point 3 and 1 kinda counter eachother. Either you get major distances with fast travelling, or short distances without. Tho even with short distances I still think you shouldn't lock out fast travel.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@gamecrusher447

Yeah, it’s definately nothing for everyone, especially not for farmers and mode players or people looking for any kind of rewards.

I played most of my time in open world inc darkzones, doing control points, territory controls, convoys and random NPCs crossing my way, most of the time without fast travelling, because I do not care about loot and rewards, the gameplay matters for me. The open world activities are rather meh though, without any story contribution, extremely repetitive and basically boring. Nevertheless I played it most because I do not have that linear feeling in the open world as in the missions and modes and I love the open world.

I didn’t mean DCD headquarter, I meant the laboratory of the contaminated building South in East Mall, forgotten by most players probably because of few minutes use during campaign only, as most of the locations … bad use of the great open world. In the end it does not matter. I simply wanted to describe a task what I like: story contribution, different locations in open world, non-linear playing, searching, figuring out secrets that contribute to story, random NPC encounters in combination.

If we fast travel from activity to activity for quick rewards and the like … for what the open world has been designed?

In the end we will get nothing what you and I have in mind. Only the farmers and mode player might get what they want … and the legendary players might be happy as well now.

The latest roadmap is the next big disappointment for me after the last disappointing additions, therefore I have also no hope for year 5 anymore, that’s why I stopped playing.

Currently completing my 4th campaign of Division 1 😊, am at level 26 right now, love it and play with my old friends in darkzone, in parallel Far Cry 6 but can not play long, get quickly bored from the gameplay.

• gamecrusher447
    I didn’t mean DCD headquarter, I meant the laboratory of the contaminated building South in East Mall, forgotten by most players probably because of few minutes use during campaign only, as most of the locations … bad use of the great open world. In the end it does not matter. I simply wanted to describe a task what I like: story contribution, different locations in open world, non-linear playing, searching, figuring out secrets that contribute to story, random NPC encounters in combination.

Oh I remember that lab. Actually visited it yesterday. Was going through all contaminated areas. When you go into that lab you can still interact with the laptop and search the dead npc. So it is kinda usefull place for rp. (Sometimes do rp with a friend. Just use some locations and things to do and combine them to make a story in our heads. Sounds kinda weird but is pretty fun). There is also an echo in the slaughter house contaminated area.

Anyway your idea was great imo.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    635 posts

@gamecrusher447

A lot places from campaign are already forgotten. A year ago someone wrote in Reddit that he saw two ladders on a rooftop of a contaminated building which were pulsing indicating usable ladders (saw that on the hovercraft in Tidal mission as well). He was asking if there is a way to it. Knowing that in another contaminated building is a secret room, I was searching in all contaminated buildings for secrets. Great looking areas providing tense feelings … but wasted due to non-use …

Suggested Topics