ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• InThaHouse1000
    Original poster 6 posts

I have a suggestion for changing how summit rewards are awared.

For the last year it has not felt like a competition where I have to put in an effort on Playstation. I understand you wanted to make platinum more accessible, but it feels like you have ruined all competition at least on Playstation.
    I also feel it is strange that it should be easier on the different platforms to get platinum. I got the idea for changing the way awards are distributed from Gran Turismo 7 online time trail rewards.
    In these trails you get gold, for being 3% of best time, silver for 5% of best time and bronze for 10% of best time.

My suggestion for crew 2 was to change this in to:
    Platinum 10% of best score
    Gold 20% of best score
    Silver 40% of best score
    Bronze 100%

I have taken the percentage from your newswire, where you presented the changes, and actually I think they fit pretty well.

I principle this would give everybody the chance to win platinum every week if the effort is put in. In addition top scores are pretty much the same across platforms, so it would take about the same amount of points to acquire platinum across platforms. 

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MUR0K0
    45 posts

@InThaHouse1000 they definitely have to do something about summit. i play on PC and i find it super unfair that i scored 1.252.638 points and only got 4640th place, while a buddy of mine on PS5 scored 1.230.438 and easily got platinum at 7228th place. Your idea seems the right one, they should calculate the requirements each week based on the number of participants. This point system sucks big time!

again...

PC - 1.252.638 points - 4640th place - gold
    PS5 - 1.230.438 points - 7228th place - platinum

I don't know who decides about this, but they need to stop being platformists! Because i have a PC i have to fight harder and still not get the same rewards!
    Uncool!

• BlackLotusLV
    6 posts

The proper fair solution would be to have a dynamic sliding scale where the % of users get in the tier, meaning more people is better as higher amount of people will get the top rewards. But it must be done with a global leaderboard, which the console players don't want as the more skilled and more competitive players are on PC.

Here is an image of stats of the Hashiriya summit. The stats were taken not long before it ended, so they represent approximately the correct stats. (Stats pulled using Live Bot on the community server, they come from TCHub)

Based on these results we can make simple calculation and see that PlayStation, while it takes less total score to get in platinum, only 6.6% of the playerbase on the platform actually got to it.

The goal of the mismatched tier caps was to try to balance out the fact that the parabases differ in sizes drastically. The issue is that even with the increased player count, playstation is more of a casual playerbase than the hard core top score chasing crowd on PC, at least there are more players on PC who score higher. If you want a challenge, you should want to have all the players be matched against each other, and not split between platform specific boards.

• InThaHouse1000
    Original poster 6 posts

@BlackLotusLV If it is possible to do global leaderboard that would ofcouse be the most fair, I just assumed that was not possible, since no crossplay. But if it is possible this gets my vote to 🙂

• Anykeyer
    223 posts

@BlackLotusLV

Right, flat 10% on a platform would only make score cutoffs differ even more.
    PC's "problem" is that its more competitive by its very nature. Something devs clearly ignored. Also "manual+shifter" is a lot easier to exploit on PC than other platforms that dont get easy access to macro creation. Its not a requirement, I do just fine with auto. But it certainly affects overall scores.

IMO fixed score requirements should be implemented instead. This would also remove frustrating unpredictability for players who usually end up being close to cutoff scores.

• InThaHouse1000
    Original poster 6 posts

If it is possible a global leaderboard would be most fair and what I would prefer 🙂

Just to clarify what I meant in my original post I will write it as an example with last weeks top scores on different platforms:

PS: 1.434.272
    PC: 1.433.390
    Xbox: 1.426.547
    Stadia: 1.389.067

10% of best score (platinum)

PS: 1.290.845
    PC: 1.290.051
    Xbox: 1.283.892
    Stadia: 1.250.160

20% of best score (gold)

PS: 1.147.417
    PC: 1.146.712
    Xbox: 1.141.237
    Stadia: 1.111.253

40% of best score (silver)

PS: 860.563
    PC: 860.034
    Xbox: 855.928
    Stadia: 833.440

I think this is good if global is not possible to implement, and as I said in first post top scores are pretty much the same across platforms. On top of that platinum is not limited, in theory all players would be able to win platinum if the effort was put in and everybody got within 10% of the top score 🙂

Suggested Topics