ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vassalpoteto
    Original poster 58 posts

The camera while Eivor is in close ranged/melee combat zooms out into orbital mode. Its very distracting because from that distance i can barely even see what he/she is doing or who am i locked on/facing in the moment.
    This topic has been in request since the release and been ignored for over a year. Its just a camera setting change, so please, dev team, listen to the players.

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/76749/feedback-optional-close-camera-setting-for-closer-fov-during-combat?lang=en-US

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 341 posts

Hi @vassalpoteto !

Thanks for posting this! I've found the original report and added your feedback to it. Unfortunately, I don't have any updates about this at the moment, but I'll update the report and make sure that the devs know that it's still a requested feature, thanks!

Official Response
  • vassalpoteto
    Original poster 58 posts

@Ubi-Auron Thank you for helping.

Some visual aspects of the current camera angle in action for devs.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 759 posts

@vassalpoteto Thanks for providing these images! I've gone ahead and passed these along to the team as well. 🙂

Official Response
  • vassalpoteto
    Original poster 58 posts

@Ubi-Perseids Hi, any news about this dynamic camera setting change request?

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3961 posts

Hey @vassalpoteto !

Nothing new to share for now I'm afraid.

When feedback is passed to the team, it is at their discretion as to if and when these changes are applied.

So we'd be unable to guarantee or place a time frame on these dynamic camera changes being implemented.

If we do hear anything though, we will of course let you know.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • vassalpoteto
    Original poster 58 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry Thanks,
    Could you please forward these screenshots to the dev team about this "current combat camera". The probles is that "this dynamic camera" increases the fov unnecessarily way too much during combat/in action.

There is a "close camera setting" for navigations which was made a year ago, that camera settings maximum fov would be the best solution for this problem i think. We would only like just a close camera in combat toggle setting. https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/100029/camera-distance-still-too-far-in-combat?lang=en-US&page=1

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1151 posts

@vassalpoteto Thanks for providing those additional images! I have sent those over to the team as well.

Official Response

Suggested Topics