ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• I3eard_of_War
    Original poster 486 posts

Since Expertise was launched, we need a lot of Exotic components.
    And we couldn't really stash them before as the Exotic Components cap was 20 until shortly after Expertise was implemented.
    And the stash is full for most people (as I've seen a lot of "bigger stash" suggestions), so we couldn't even stash them in there.

My suggestion is to:
    Give us a Exotic cache per Legendary we complete (like Div1).
    - Can be done once a week,
    - Every Tuesday it resets.
    - Implement this when the new Legendaries are launched.
    - So we can start farming 5 Exotic Components per Character, per week.
    Or make it reset daily!!

Another suggestion on top of that is:
    To reset the Exotic cache rewards everytime we have done all the Legendaries.
    So we can just keep farming all the Legendaries.
    (+ Still a weekly reset for the players that only like to do 1 certain Legendary.
    So that they are not forced to complete all Legendaries before they can get an Exotic cache in their favourite mission)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ArthurFriend
    164 posts
    Give us a Exotic cache per Legendary we complete (like Div1).
    - Can be done once a week,
    - Every Tuesday it resets.
    - Implement this when the new Legendaries are launched.
    - So we can start farming 5 Exotic Components per Character, per week.

Skip the rest. The suggestion above sounds reasonable, so I'd second that.

• SuspiciousPixel
    548 posts

@DutchLMB4ever problem is that exotic reward is tied to legendary project and not the legendary mission.

You would need to convince Massive to incorporate a multi-step project that includes all legendary missions and rewards one exotic cache per completed mission.

This then would infuriate those people who have 0 game time and would complain why should they be "punished" because of IRL commitments.

TLDR It won't happen because of casual complainers.

• I3eard_of_War

@SuspiciousPixel
    Im sure they can make it a reward for completing the mission.
    They just take out the Legendary project.
    And make the rewards for the mission a Exotic cache.
    Like 5 Specialization points from invaded missions can only be obtained once per week (per character)
    Or same as Raids, also guaranteed rewards once per week.
    After that you just get random rewards.

• PT_Frizzer
    115 posts

They nerfed the exotic drops. Never has been so hard to get exotics.
    And the other loot too. The Summit is dropping a few loot Floors that don't drop nothing. Legendaries too.

• I3eard_of_War

@ArthurFriend
    I know the first one is reasonable, but the other suggestion is too tho.
    Especially since we need 500 something exotics per build (for expertise upgrades).
    We need more then 20 a week.

And also, most dont have multiple characters.
    Or they do but like me they have a:
    - Main character
    - Raid character (or stash slave)
    - DZ/PvP character (or 2nd stash slave)
    - SHD Watch/Hardcore character (or 3th stash slave)

So for them or just in general it would be nice to be able to keep farming on 1 character the whole time.
    (As long as you just keep completing all the legendaries)

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) Especially since we need 500 something exotics per build (for expertise upgrades).
    We need more then 20 a week. (...)

You don't need anything. There is absolutely no mandatory part to Expertise. It's all purely optional – and it's designed to be a long-term motivation and goal for very regular players. It is not meant to be completable in 2 in 5 or in 20 weeks.

And again – just to be completely clear about this: We neither need Expertise in any way. Nor do we need to upgrade each build to Grade 20 (which a) would be a total waste of resources given the little return concerning armor on e. g. masks and b) is not a correct assumption anyway since a lot of items would be used in more than one build and skills' Grades even are accountwide).

Additionally, we do have plenty of ways to regularly farm exotics. With four characters you already have pretty easy access to 3 projects each, granting 12 exotics per week. You can buy Countdown caches. You can repeatedly craft and dismantle for instance the Chatterbox and the Gunslinger's Holster. And of course... you can just play the game (one can always adjust the own gameplay to farming exotics to certain extends). The only problem with all these already available solutions is... people are too lazy and too greedy and they just want to have things fast.

Having said that, I in fact do agree that removing the legendary project in favor of granting one exotic cache per legendary stronghold per week (per character of course) sounds like a good idea. This is an absolutely reasonable adjustment and allows any player who is willing to put in some effort to noticeably increase their "exotic income".

• I3eard_of_War

@Noxious81
    Well, all the players that do want to upgrade all their favourite builds do need the 500 exotics tho.

And I get that it has to be a grind which it still would be...
    545 missions per build is not fast.
    And what does it matter if someone wants to do it that way?
    It's not that they just get an exotic by starting a legendary after completing them all.
    They still have to complete them.

I just think there should be an option for people that do want it fast.
    People that want to take their time can take their time as well (as it's not needed (for them)).

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) It's not that they just get an exotic by starting a legendary after completing them all.
    They still have to complete them. (...)

As I already wrote, I am in favor of the idea of granting one exotic cache per legendary stronghold per week.

(...) I just think there should be an option for people that do want it fast. (...)

There is, as I already pointed out in my previous posting. And changing the current legendary project to being able to obtain five exotic caches per week seems like a reasonable change to not further speed an intentionally long-term process up any further.

• I3eard_of_War

@Noxious81
    True you did

But what does it matter if people can get them unlimited x per character?
    (As long as they complete them all before they can do it again)
    Because not all people have 4 "normal" PvE characters.
    They also have a raid character, pvp/dz character, Hardcore character, a (couple) stash slave character(s) or they just have 1 character.

So with 1 character they can do all 5 legendaries.
    - Get 5 exotics
    - After getting the 5th exotic, the legendaries give an Exotic again.
    - (people can't farm 1 legendary over and over)

I get why you agree on the first suggestion, that's why it was the first suggestion.
    Your reason is you want people to have a cap on what they can farm, the rest should be RNG luck.

I just don't get why it is a no go for someone to keep farming it that way.
    Like I said previously:
    It's not that after the first 5 missions they get the other exotics by just
    - Starting the mission
    - Walk in the area
    - Get an Exotic cache
    - Fast travel to the next mission
    - Repeat
    If it was like that I would say you are absolutely right.

It's the hardest content of the game.
    And therefore, if it can be farmed like this, there will be a reason/goal for new/other people to get better at the game.
    And the more people doing it the more the Dev's think:
    Hey...Leggies are popular, let's make some more for them.
    Huhhhh...huhh👀

Anyways, it's still the same amount of effort.
    The same effort as a week after that.
    But maybe its just me that thinks:
    If people have the time for it, let them.

For myself it's not even that I have the time.
    It's because I only have one PvE character.
    Yes I can probably make 3 easy drone/turret builds
    But I'm not waiting to do 15 legendaries with a drone turret build even if it's spread out over a week.
    Plus all my characters and my stash are full, can only pick up one thing.
    (until I know what's usefull with the new Specialization rework).

But we will see, as long as they do that first suggestion I guess...

• SuspiciousPixel
    548 posts

@Noxious81 If you want to make it like Division 1 then add Hunters also to all Legendary missions which also can drop exotics and named items. We had so much more in Division.

Times Square Power Relay
    Napalm Production Site
    WarrenGate Power Plant
    Amherst's Apartment
    Grand Central Station
    Madison Field Hospital
    General Assembly

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) We had so much more in Division. (...)

To be fair – we only had more legendary missions in pure numbers. We had 7 missions in The Division, now we have 3 strongholds plus a legendary Summit. Soon we will have 5 strongholds (not just missions) plus The Summit.

This is pretty close concerning quantity and at least imho better in quality – since the legendary missions in The Division 2 all have a much more interesting and varying boss design than in The Division. That's by the way also the reason why I wouldn't see the need to generally add Hunters to legendary missions.

• Noxious81
    1197 posts
    (...) But what does it matter if people can get them unlimited x per character? (...)

Reason 1 simply is because this would be contrary to the design of Expertise. Expertise is meant to be a reeeeeeally long lasting quest. It's supposed to keep people busy and striving for at least half a year or even a year. So adding shortcuts to a system that is meant to be a long-term system is just counterproductive.

Reason 2 is a little bit more complex. But it has to do with what exotic items used to be and maybe what they still should be. And what they shouldn't. So what they should be – well, they should be interesting, fun, inspiring and rare items to use in specific builds. Finding/getting an exotic item should always feel extraordinary and rewarding. There was a time, way before Optimization, in which you really got excited when an exotic dropped. Because even if it was one that you already owned, it still might have had better rolls.

Sadly, using exotic components as a "currency" for Expertise devalued the whole concept of exotics in The Division 2. Now people do not even care about the exotic item anymore, they just want to farm any exotic to right away dismantle it. That just feels so wrong for the rarest and the most special items in the game.

But that's something that either wasn't thought trough completely when designing Expertise. Or it was knowingly accepted in favor of not creating a completely new currency for Expertise. We'll never know...

• GnarlyAtol1793
    640 posts

I wonder whether the people really have fun with Expertise and whether the majority sees it as long-term motivation or rather striving for short cuts to get it done as fast as possible, using exploits, different characters for more legendary projects and using the SHD tech/credits/??? from boosted character for printer filaments and other tricks … that is not playing.

But it affected me. At first frustration about it when it was announced, then I ignored it for a while, then I stopped playing PvP when I lost every rogue encounter with boosted rouges, then I feared major balancing changes in PvE because of the damage boosted guns and started with Expertise. Played my normal stuff and started collecting loot again for donations, used different builds and guns to make it proficient. That was the easy part. Then it came to all of these named items I didn’t have from normal playing and had no clue about, skills, exotics … played Countdown some rounds to get named pieces and credits to buy named crates, used the different skills, used all exotics to make them proficient and then learned that there are still a bunch of guns I still not have … after all this playing … means grinding for materials to make them proficient … , played in the darkzones in the last days around 20 hours and didn’t get any named items from drop …

I wonder who has fun with such stuff.

I wished they would focus their ressources on playable content but fear they continue with such stuff and other incentives to million times replay content from the campaign.

• SuspiciousPixel
    548 posts
    I wonder whether the people really have fun with Expertise and whether the majority sees it as long-term motivation or rather striving for short cuts to get it done as fast as possible, using exploits, different characters for more legendary projects and using the SHD tech/credits/??? from boosted character for printer filaments and other tricks … that is not playing.

Expertise
    Fun? No
    Long Term Motivation? No
    Short Cuts? Yes

If the game has features that allows me to do it as fast as possible then I will use them. It is still playing the game to reach the same goal as everyone else. Probably not how the devs intended how Expertise should be played but they should have thought it through better to avoid people reaching MAX Expertise Level in a day.

Expertise Upgrade
    Fun? No
    Long Term Motivation? Yes
    Short Cuts? Yes

Utilizing all your characters to complete weekly projects to obtain exotic components is a good way to upgrade. There just isn't enough imo from doing activities.

• RainyAttendant0
    18 posts
    I wonder whether the people really have fun with Expertise and whether the majority sees it as long-term motivation or rather striving for short cuts to get it done as fast as possible

For myself, the Expertise system was a breath of fresh air. I played sporadically in year 1. I picked up warlords dlc in season 3 and never finished season 4. During that time, all I used was hunter's fury, momento, sokolov, with dark winter & scorpio. Reviver hive and shield with the fire specialization. I collected so many gear sets, weapons, exotics etc but just couldn't bring myself to use anything besides my setup for obvious reasons.

I heard about the new season, manhunt, countdown mode and decided to give it a go. I was only shd level 650ish so I was not able to "exploit" the system. I had to actually play the game and use guns, gear sets, named items, exotics, skills, and specializations i never had used or ever planned on using. It was a blast. I developed a system that got me to expertise level 20 without the need to create multiple characters or level 10 summit or any other gimmicks that are available to the higher shd players. Now I have my 5 main dark zone weapons at expertise level 20, my favorite dark zone gear set (system corruption) level 20 and I'm currently hoarding over 120 exotic components for the next season and I still have that expertise compensation package still unopened.

I've come to the conclusion that the devs were obviously aware of the watch mule exploit, summit farming etc because all those methods are extremely short sided. Its like everyone has said already, everyone raced to get to expertise level 20 only to be hit with the upgrade road block that comes with trying to exploit the system. Sure you can make multiple characters over and over and pour mats into gear but you're not earning any exotic components along the way. I can't believe how many pestilence I've extracted out of the dz this season. And as corny as it may sound, each extraction was riveting and had me on the edge not knowing what kind of scoundrels I was going to run into or in my case, hide from with my system corruption ghost set.

Long story short... I LOVE the expertise system. This is the only game I've played that no matter which activity I participated in, I was making progress. I come from a game where I would run the same strike 15 times in a row and be in the exact same place afterwards, especially if I didn't get the desired weapon I was looking for. In this game, I can run the same mission 15 times in a row and even if I didn't get anything desirable, I'm able to break everything down and cash in my mats to increase my level.

In saying all of this, I am still able to put myself in the 3000 shd level plus players shoe's and don't blame them for doing things the way they do. Those players are probably tired of playing the same content over and over. They probably made every build imaginable and used every skill etc... so I can easily see how the expertise system would seem like a "grind". Those players deserve the opportunity to create multiple characters for watch mules or whatever they are capable of "exploiting". I'd probably would have done the same if I had that opportunity. But I must say, I got really lucky not being able to because for the first time in any looter game I've played, I actually tried and used everything in this game... except for the regulus, ravenous, and any pre order or friend referral weapon. And that one ump smg, lol.

• I3eard_of_War

@Noxious81

Expertise is meant to be a reeeeeeally long lasting quest. It's supposed to keep people busy and striving for at least half a year or even a year

I don't mind a really long quest just not in an old game.
    Grind systems like Expertise should come at the launch of a game.
    As "The moment players reach max level" grind.
    +
    545 Exotics (Per Build) isn't done in a month either.
    And any normal player has at least 6 builds.

Floor 10 is a short cut grind, doing ALL legendaries over and over isn't.
    Only if their would be a way to only do 1 Legendary and keep getting exotics from the boss by
    - killing him
    - wipe
    - repeat

Reason 2 is a little bit more complex. But it has to do with what exotic items used to be and maybe what they still should be. And what they shouldn't. So what they should be – well, they should be interesting, fun, inspiring and rare items to use in specific builds

I get that, but again it's an old game, everyone has all the exotics (after 4 years) by now.
    Only new players don't (and ofcourse solo players that just refuse to play a couple raids and then go back to their solo journey)
    What they used to/should be is not what they are now.
    Nerfs made most of them useless.
    And gear 2.0 made the whole "make specific builds around your exotic items" useless as well.
    (Can still be done tho, i guess)

Sadly, using exotic components as a "currency" for Expertise devalued the whole concept of exotics

Well, (maybe not as item itself) it actually made them go up in value (again) as everyone already has them.

They were deconstructed at sight or gave away to new players.
    Or better yet, just gave away to others as people rather give them away then sell them for 200 credits.

They also went up in value for the new players, that have to get the exotics themselfs (grind), as everyone (that want to upgrade (all) their builds) need Exotic components again.
    And the new players aren't just getting them dropped by others anymore.

The infinity farm suggestion makes Legendaries popular.
    Everyone wants the exotic components now.
    People that can't do them, want to be able to do them.
    (A goal to get better for old and new players)

Everyone can do them with one character.
    No need to fiddlefaddle (idk if I used that right) by switching characters.
    (Not only the full on PvE players that for some reason have 4 characters, all with the same builds can do them.
    Also the hoarders with 3 stash slave characters.
    Or the ones that also have a pvp/dz, Raid and a Hardcore character (or NYC booster))

And with more players doing legendaries there is more MatchMaking %.
    More friends to be discovered.
    Devs will see an increase in Legendary activity and might make DARPA, Camp White Oak, Pentagon, Libirty Island Legendary as well.
    Maybe Legendary NYC missions (or map)

Suggested Topics