ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/9 Replies/217 Views
    Gabriel.Knight
    Original poster 276 posts

Hadn't seen anyone mention this:
    I noticed Ubisoft killing a few products. If you have had these in the past, but might not have them on your current system AND you think you might want to play them in the future, Install them now or maybe lose them forever.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396?

In the past Ubi has said, we just don't support them. Now they are actually removing the games from their libraries on 1-September-22 also removing DLC for the products. So make sure to also install the DLC software.

If you are interested: There is a new Division game coming out on mobile. Division Resurgence. you can register for the Alpha.
    https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/resurgence

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• suschunga
    485 posts
    Now they are actually removing the games from their libraries on 1-September-22

The only game that won't be playable at all is the multiplayer VR game. Losing access to DLC for otherwise playable games would suck though, and I doubt Ubi would do what EA did with Mass Effect (i.e. give all DLC to all owners of the game).

Sadly, this will eventually happen to the Division games as they partly run on Ubisoft's servers, even in single-player.

• hralex1951
    204 posts

Troubled times, Ubi has delayed Avatar, and cancelled Frontline and 2 unnamed projects. It isn't easy to guess what will make money in gaming.

• Gabriel.Knight

@suschunga Well, that is sorta true. True that only Space Junkies will be completely unplayable. Not true that if you don't have the game installed, you will NOT be able to install it, thus its unplayable. (in my understanding)

And I agree with you. If they do that to the Division 1, 2 et al. it will be unplayable

• suschunga
    485 posts
    Not true that if you don't have the game installed, you will NOT be able to install it, thus its unplayable. (in my understanding)

I don't think that's correct. There was some confusion due to the steam listing for an AC game indicating you wouldn't even be able to download it any more. Turns out that was wrong, and games can still be installed by people who own them

https://www.polygon.com/23203824/assassins-creed-liberation-steam-availability-drm

Current owners of those games will still be able to access, play or redownload them,” Ubisoft told Polygon in an updated statement.
  • Gabriel.Knight

@suschunga Ok. I'm willing to go with what you write. If you look at the doc I referenced, it says specifically there, that you won't be able to download after that date. I will say again, to be sure, if you think you might want to play the game later, you should download it now while its for sure (?) available. I did notice that if you were to go to store.ubisoft.com and look at Liberation, it doesn't mention a word about "end-of'life" -- and I'm not shocked about that either.

• suschunga
    485 posts
    If you look at the doc I referenced, it says specifically there, that you won't be able to download after that date

As I said before, that only applies to DLC.

• Nerfed-Again
    57 posts

@Gabriel-Knight This is why they need to stop the games 'as a service' junk. What happened to installing a game on my PC and being able to play it without having internet access 24/7? I generally stay away from the 'as a service' stuff because it's generally released in a worse state than most other games. TD1 and TD2 is the only games i've had that are sold in that way.

Keep campaign or PVE offline and if anyone wants to play co-op they need to sign in online and select a co-op or online server.

Games 'as a service' is the worst thing to happen to gaming in ever, imo. Eventually, servers will shut down for every older game and the online version will die, but there is no need to host the PVE or Campaign version of a game on servers and kill that version of the game as well.

Way back, when i had a ZX Spectrum and Atari 2600 amongst other consoles i loved it because the games just worked, I never found one game breaking bug, no nerfing. The game was sold 'as is' and it was great. Sometimes a game wouldn't work so you took it back and you could try again with a different cassette or disc if that didn't work you took the game back and got refunded. But games not working was really rare and they were 100% complete on release. I had no fear of the game ever being killed off because it was on my device and free from internet services.

Those were the days of fun gaming. No rushing to upgrade weapons to compete with others. Just casually play and enjoy.

• Gabriel.Knight

@Nerfed-Again TRS-80 and Apple ][ man myself.
    But then again, maybe my current handle Gabriel Knight gives me away.

Suggested Topics