ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GassyKevin
    Original poster 4 posts

Connect keeps logging me out due to "inactivity" while playing any game.
    It logs me out when I'm not playing, and just doing my own thing on my computer, and it suddenly just pops into existence to say I've been "logged out due to inactivity."

There are no connection interruptions, no problems with my network, Firewall isn't blocking anything, AV software isn't doing anything, nothing. Every single god damn time I tell it to "Remember this device", and to "Keep me logged in", I give my device a name EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME. Yet for some reason, it decides to just give [censored] all in that, and do its own thing.

Why does this keep happening? How do I stop this? In fact, how the hell do I even disable this? It's not necessary in the first place. There's literally no need for it to do this. DON'T LOG ME OUT FOR NO REASON.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• zyNfrix
    1 posts

@ubi-keo I am also having this issue but I get it while im just playing a game. I am launching the game through steam but it still opens the Ubisoft connect app. My computer has no hibernation or sleep settings.

• VolveAlMenuBobo
    20 posts

I can't synchronize R6 save games to the cloud because it logs out. This software is a joke!

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

Hey there folks.

I'm sorry to hear you're affected by this.

If this issue has persisted for you and you've double checked that Ubisoft Connect is both whitelisted in AV/Firewall software you have installed and you're running Ubisoft Connect with admin privileges please open a support case with us and submit your Ubisoft Connect log files to us.

You can reach us either through the support website by opening a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook: (https://en-gb.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/%5d) and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

Thanks

Official Response
  • Mooonji
    2 posts

When I launch Rainbow Six Siege from Steam it usually takes a while until it signs me out. When I play more than 2 hours I will be signed out of Ubisoft Connect. Because I launch the game directly from Steam, Ubisoft Connect does not generate launcher_log.txt? So there isn't any reliable information from logs. Also to add, I was not inactive while playing (PC did not enter sleep/hibernation), overlay was completely disabled*, Ubisoft Connect was in background processes, was not running in admin mode (shouldn't have to) and Ubisoft Connect is not blocked from any anti-virus software.

* Overlay/notification settings:

desktopAchievementsEnabled: false
     desktopChatEnabled: false
     desktopClubActionsEnabled: false
     desktopDownloadCompleteEnabled: false
     desktopFriendGameEnabled: false
     desktopFriendOnlineEnabled: false
     desktopFriendRequestEnabled: false
     desktopGameInviteEnabled: false
     desktopGamePatchAvailableEnabled: false
     desktopGroupInviteEnabled: false
     desktopPartyInviteEnabled: false
     desktopPlayAvailableEnabled: false
     desktopScreenshotsEnabled: false
     inGameEnabled: false
     inGameFriendOnlineEnabled: false
     permanentInGameEnabled: false
     sysTrayEnabled: false
  • Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 908 posts

@mooonji Hey there, welcome to Discussions! Thanks for reaching out about this issue.

You mentioned this happens when you launch the game through Steam, but would you be able to check if it happens when you launch the game directly through Ubisoft Connect? If it does, can you also test if the issue occurs when running Ubisoft Connect as an administrator?

Official Response
  • Mooonji
    2 posts

@ubi-mushy Hello, and thank you 🙂

I did try to launch Siege directly through Ubisoft Connect and it worked. It did not log me out for inactivity. I played for 2 hours with the same conditions as I mentioned above*. It's safe to assume that starting the game through Ubisoft Connect and with admin mode will guarantee this issue being fixed - as a workaround. But "launcher_log.txt" did not get generated even though I launched directly from Ubisoft Connect. I guess this will only happen if I start it with admin privileges?

The issue still stands, when I launch the game through Steam, and after a long period of around 2 hours, I will be logged out for inactivity. See my message above for exact details.

* I did not give Ubisoft Connect administrator privileges.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @Mooonji!

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update. I'm glad to hear that you weren't logged out for inactivity after launching the game directly via the Ubisoft Connect launcher instead of Steam. This information could be helpful for further investigation.

Our dedicated teams have been notified about this behaviour happening, and they're looking into this further. For future updates, I recommend keeping an eye out for release notes within the Ubisoft Connect launcher. We will also do our best to share any updates regarding this investigation within the forums as well.

I apologise for any impact that this issue has had on your gaming experience, and thank you for your understanding as our team looks into this further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    20 posts

Virtually every time I play Far Cry 5, it's unable to save to the cloud on exit, because I've been logged out of Ubisoft connect. I log in, tick the remember me box, get a code by email so this computer is remembered, but it isn't remembered, the same thing happens again next time.

Then I try to search for the problem on Google, and try to click a link to this forum, and I get "You seem to have stumbled upon a page that you do not have access to". But I'm logged in!!!

Why is everything on this server so badly broken?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@hucker12345 Hello there.

Sorry to hear you've encountered issues with staying logged in to Ubisoft services. This particular issue is known to the team, and is being investigated currently.

Whilst there are issues being investigated at the moment in regard to our services, we'd advise following these steps, as they will help us to rule out the possibility of user end issues. Completing these steps means we can confirm with the development team that affected users are connecting under the best conditions possible.

In some cases, this can still help to fix any login issues too. If you have any further questions on this, please be in touch.

Official Response
  • hucker12345
    20 posts

@ubi-nacho I have no other problems with any games or internet connection. The problem is Ubisoft logs me out after a period of time, even after I've ticked remember me. This means cloud saving on exiting the game fails, and doesn't prompt me to enter a password. If I then open Ubisoft connect afterwards I have to enter a 2-step authorisation code from an email again. Either it needs to keep me logged in, or the cloud save needs to have a password entry prompt.

If it makes any difference, I bought Far Cry 5 via Steam.

• monoGT
    1 posts

I have the same exact issue. I can't download 90gb game just because ubisoft connect keeps logging me out due to inactivity. Why the launcher is so broken? Kinda regret it to buy a game from ubisoft now, I prefer to use other launcher.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1693 posts

Hey folks, if you continue to run into this behavior, please know that clicking "Log Out" will wipe login details to allow the next account to log in unimpeded. If this is not the case, I would try clearing the cache for Ubisoft connect to see if this helps after logging in once after trying this. If the same situation occurs the next time you open Ubisoft Connect, I would re-install the launcher to ensure you have installed the latest version of the client. I would also ensure the client is set to run administrator rights. However, please let us know if you continue to run into this behavior after trying this out or if there are any other questions you may have. Thank you!

Official Response
  • HPDeskjetPro
    1 posts

@Ubi-Borealis hi has there been any update on this? I am having the same issue.
    It is very frustrating..

• Mad_Hatter9o4
    5 posts

Im going through the same problems with all the Ubisoft games Im playing. Assassins Creed Odyssey, Black Flag, The Division 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands. I'll finish playing the game, and immediately after, Ubisoftconnect says it cant save my game file or something and logs me out forcing me to get the login number through email each time. Ive reinstalled ubisoftconnect 3 times over the past few days and nothing has changed.
    Edit: Ive already lost 5 days of playtime on Odyssey because it wouldnt save my game. Went from level 17 to 13.
    Edit edit: So, today this has happened 7 different times, forcing me to get 7 different #@!$ing passwords through my email. If this continues, Im going to cancel my pre order of Skull and Bones because why even bother buying a new game if I cant play old ones? -Close to fed up-

• Mad_Hatter9o4
    5 posts

@ubi-smash Cant logout while playing the game

• hucker12345
    20 posts

@Mad_Hatter9o4 Yes, annoying me too, Ubisoft is boycotted from now on, they won't be getting any of my money. They're useless and beyond a joke. Every single time I have to login, and I tick the box to remember my computer and it doesn't and I get yet another code by email. In fact they send two and I have to guess which one will work. This is a basic schoolboy error. For crying out loud get some staff who know their [censored] from their elbow. And don't ffuucckkiinngg censor my ffuucckkiinngg post you ccuunntts!

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3015 posts

Hello @HPDeskjetPro thank you for getting in touch with us, this investigation is still underway at the moment.

Can you let us know the name of the game this is affecting for you, and also tell us was this game purchased on Steam, or another launcher?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3015 posts

Hello @GassyKevin, thank you for getting in touch with us.

We have two reports of this in our forums at the moment, one that affects Ubisoft Store purchases games and one where most players have contacted us, where this affects Steam purchased Ubisoft games.

Can you please let us know what game you are playing when this 'inactivity' message appears?

Can you also let us know if you purchased that game from Ubisoft, Steam or Epic, please?

Finally, can you let us know if you have two-factor authentication on your account? If so, does the issue still appear when 2FA is disabled on your account?

Official Response
  • GassyKevin
    Original poster 4 posts

@Ubi-Milky

The only Ubisoft game I have is Rainbow Six Siege, so that's the one I'm playing. I think it's also worth pointing out that it only happens after I close the game.

I've purchased the game from Steam, and I'm launching it through Steam.

2FA was enabled, and it seems that disabling it did stop it from happening. (I will be re-enabling it, however.)

EDIT: After re-enabling 2FA, the message popped up again after closing the game, and the game attempting to synchronise the cloud save

Suggested Topics