ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Revatics
    Original poster 18 posts

Yannick tweeted on August 2021 that shrapnel would be fixed for PVP.
    How is possible a year later, on July 2022, for a guy with 1.9 mill armor to still be able to "one-shrapnel" my 1.7 mill armor+ unbreakable????
    Fancy update this one, and yet such a broken shrapnel skill is still going rampant in DZ. Please fix it or get rid of it. No one wants it in DZ.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Metal_Greg
    171 posts

@Revatics It isn't broken, it's just that powerful. I don't see it as unbalanced either. think about how much damage a crit or headshot build, with the same amount of armor, could put out. Those builds probably put out more DPS, at a more consistent rate as well. Now consider how a shrapnel build has to be played, you have to throw the trap on or in front of someone which is easier said than done, then you have to wait on the cooldown or reset the trap if using hardwired or rigger, all while avoiding being shot at.

Why is it that every time a skill is powerful enough to compete against high armor red builds that it is somehow too OP? skill builds offer a unique playstyle, players should be able to utilize them and be successful. gun builds should not be the only dominate build in DZ and Conflict and yet, they are. But somehow those builds aren't OP, sure.

• Revatics
    Original poster 18 posts

@Metal_Greg I am sorry, you do you... but it is broken. This is not even worth discussing, even Ubisoft has acknowledged it. No one with 0 investment in skills (case in point a guy running with 6 blues or 1.9 mill armor) should be able to one shot anyone using skills. And I am not even alluding to the fact that that same guy can wipe an entire team with a single set of traps (or shrapnel). This is not balanced. I cannot kill an entire team with my crit build while hiding in cover. Not even Eclipse builds using Tier 6 skills can (unless the opposing team is sleeping on those armor kits) . At least for snipers, or fire stickies, you need to aim and shoot (something), you don't even need to aim the stupid shrapnel at nobody and you drop everyone around it. It doesn't make the game mode (pvp) more challenging, you do not have to learn to use it and become highly efficient killing with it (you become an expert on its use as soon as you put it on), you just ruin the experience for everyone around you.

As for its users... ask around, people who use it often don't do it because they feel a immense sense of accomplishment while mastering its use, they do it to get revenge on guys who drop them miserably while pvp-ing either on DZ or in conflict. You usually wipe a team twice using guns, and 2 out of the 4 guys come back the 3rd time from the checkpoint using shrapnel...with the beat-them-by-all-means build.

• N3mB0t
    1239 posts

@Revatics

it is kindda hard to get someone to trip on a trap ,they dont seek you or follow you and the radius is pretty small ,even npcs avoid them well , let alone human beeings.

so if you are getting owned with one that is really it , you are getting owned , complaining about it only adds to the humiliation.

• Brockk_Landers
    60 posts
    @Revatics

it is kindda hard to get someone to trip on a trap ,they dont seek you or follow you and the radius is pretty small ,even npcs avoid them well , let alone human beeings.

so if you are getting owned with one that is really it , you are getting owned , complaining about it only adds to the humiliation.

Either you have no idea of how this is played, or you're faining ignorance.

Traps in PvP are rarely deployed in an area and left to trip over. They are flung directly at players and can one shot entire groups when they trigger. Essentially turning the abuser in to a suicide bomber, because they usually die too.

I've ran in to this so many times in PvP, and it's rediculous. Generally what happens is the offending player equips traps along with a big shield. They then charge towards the group, using the big shield to give them time to line themselves up, and then fling the traps. Even when you run away to avoid them, they somehow detonate and kill you. I'm not sure if the way they are programmed they are sticking to the player or what. It is extermely hard to avoid dying though if the suicide bomber doesn't mess up and fling them in the wrong direction. Even with a max explosive protection build(80% resistance) I've been 1 shot by them.

They are a completely and utterly broken skill. Usually used as a last resort for players just trying to kill another group of players at all costs when all other methods have failed.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@Metal_Greg Yo. What up, Greg.

Never seen shrapnel or any other skill as overpowered either.

Most skills and skill builds only render lots of power if other players play into their game or remain static.

i.e. If I know someone is tucked in close quarters with shrapnel, no point of playing into their game and dying.

You've seen me in the DZ before, I run all reds and usually don't have issues fighting against skill builds.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@Revatics It's not broken. Most players who say it's OP don't know how to counter it.

Over the span of Division 2's life, I think only only played against like 2-3 people who used the shrapnel trap.

• Brockk_Landers
    60 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive

You must play on a different platform then. I see them almost everyday on PC.

The "counters" aren't always effective either. Especially when more than one person is running traps. I've had instances where 2-3 players come out throwing traps, one after another. It's hard to try to kill, EMP, or otherwise avoid them.

Again, I'm not sure what platform you play on, but much of your advice in this forum in general is not correct or indicative of my experiences on the PC platform.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@Brockk_Landers I play on PC, just reached 1800 hours and haven't encountered many players using trap builds.
    Even when I do, I don't see it as overpowered or have had issues taking them down. People who complain about skill builds in general remind me of some players I've come across who would peek sniper builds with an AR, get one-tapped, then complain sniper builds are OP.

It overall comes down to approach and strategy when taking down different builds.

Not sure how it's incorrect when take my own advice and haven't struggled much at all against skill builds.

• Brockk_Landers
    60 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive

I recall you now that I think about it. You usually run solo in the DZ, wear a full red glass cannon build, and get most of your kills from sneaking up and shooting people in the back.
    You're often "Rogue Policing". I don't recall too many times I've seen you in a group or Rogue, much less Manhunt.

That may be why you don't consider it much of a problem. Nobody is pulling out a trap build on a solo SHD player. So it may be that you haven't had the issue. It IS in fact an issue though and traps are an extremely broken skill. As was pointed out earlier in the thread, Yannick even owned up to as much in a previous tweet. He claimed that a fix would be upcoming, then nothing happened for almost a year.

Traps in general are a pretty terrible skill. Shrapnel traps are broken in PvP and not all that useful in PvE. Shock traps are about the only moderately useful of them all, and that's being generous. Heal traps are almost completely useless. I don't think it would hurt many player's feelings if traps were removed.

• Revatics
    Original poster 18 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive Wutttt???? You have 1800 hrs and you haven't encountered many players using traps??? I am sorry, but you do not spend much time on the DZ then, or if you do, you definitely do not go rogue often and/or just rogue police. Go check Twitch or YouTube live streaming on Division 2 (PC, XBOx or PS platform) and I guarantee you will be seeing traps used on 1 group versus server or even a solo guy going manhunt against multiple players 7/8 times out of 10.
    I am on PS5, and I hop on almost daily on DZ to do pvp exclusively. I have 10K SHD and rogue kills in my 800 hrs in DZ (2.8K hrs total in game). So yes, I know what I am talking about. It is extremely hard to not see shrapnel from players who cannot kill you. As I said, you kill them two- three times and they either leave the server or come back with cheese (aka shrapnel). In all honesty, other skills are borderline cheesy as well, but at least you can counter them. There isn't a viable way to counter shrapnel, especially because anyone running 1.9 million armor (i.e, 0 Skill tier) can oneshot you with shrapnel midcombat by throwing them in your face.
    And as @Brockk_Landers said, in many occasions even when you are able to run away immediately as you hear or see the "shrapnel animation" it often still gets you. I have so many clips I could share on this lol.
    As I mentioned in my title, it is sad, for everyone involved. Players bad at pvp and with a big ego will never get better at it, as they just rely all the time on them crazy traps, and good players being unfairly killed by them will just move on to other games, as others have done.

Suggested Topics