ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• MrDragonfyr
    Original poster 33 posts

Hi there,

Not sure what's happening. Pretty much every time I'm in the New World, usually planting farm fields, my game freezes.
    Only way to get out of it is to kill the process in task manager.

Anyone else having or had the same issue? Able to offer any suggestions? (That preferable don't require me nuking my mods folder). This has only just started happening. I've tried removing a few mods to see if that makes any difference, it didn't.

Thanks,
    Dragonfyr

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Heya @MrDragonfyr 🙂

Sorry to hear about this freeze you're having in the New World! I can certainly recommend running through the steps in our troubleshooting guide if you haven't already - especially the ones about making sure you are running the game with administrator rights, verifying the game files, updating your graphics drivers and Windows install fully, and checking for background programs which could interfere with the game. However, as you might know, we're unable to give official support for modified installs. We're still happy for the community to suggest potential fixes, though!

I'll have my fingers crossed that you are able to solve it 🙂

Official Response
  • MrDragonfyr
    Original poster 33 posts

@Ubi-Thrupney

"and Windows install fully"

Yea, that could be an issue.
    I will look in to the issue and get back to you.

Thanks

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4841 posts

No problem @MrDragonfyr , we'll be here if there's anything else you need!

Official Response
  • MrDragonfyr
    Original poster 33 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry and @ Anyone else that might have a fix / workaround?

Still having the same problem. The only thing I haven't done is reinstall windows.

Every other game works perfectly. Every application works perfectly. No file corruption, viruses, malware, spyware etc. It's just Anno 1800 that seems to have an issue.

Video of the freeze:

• MrDragonfyr
    Original poster 33 posts

My pc spec. (Pasted from my website)

-- Main Rig --
    -- Screen1 - 34" Acer Predator X34P Curved Ultrawide QHD - 
    -- Screen2 - MSI 24" Full HD 144Hz Curved FreeSync Monitor -
    -- Screen3 - MSI 24" Full HD 144Hz Curved FreeSync Monitor - 
    -- GPU - MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Trio 11GB - 
    -- MOBO - Asus ROG Strix X570-E -
    -- CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X -
    -- RAM - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3733 Mhz DDR4 Quad Channel -
    -- CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X72 -
    -- PSU - 850W Asus ROG Thor -
    -- CASE - be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev.2 - 
    -- NVMe M.2 - 1TB Corsair MP600 - 
    -- HDD's - nvme m.2 Corsair 1TB. + Total storage around 22 TB. Seagate Baracuda + Western Digital.
    -- M - Razer Basilisk Ultimate -
    -- KB - Corsair K95 RGB Platinum Cherry MX - 

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for getting back to us @MrDragonfyr , sorry to hear our troubleshooting steps didn't do the trick.

And thanks for posting your specs, you're certainly above the requirements so this shouldn't be an issue.

To allow us to take a closer look at your PC and what else may be causing the game to freeze / crash, we'd like to take a look at your DxDiag and MSinfo system files.

This also means we have any key details we'd need should this become something the team need to look into.

Please could you send them us via our Support Site?

Please let us know how you get on with this or if you have any issues opening a case.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • MrDragonfyr
    Original poster 33 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry Hi pal,

Yea, I had forgot about this. It hasn't happened again after I reworked the entire mod folder and checked the files. I'm pretty sure the issue is still there, but I've yet needed to plant major amount of fields.

So.. whilst it's not happening, I'll just leave it. If / when it starts again, I'll do everything you just said.

Thank you for replying 🙂

Dragonfyr

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for the update @MrDragonfyr , sorry for our delay!

I'm glad to hear it's decided to start behaving again! Mods can certainly be tricky in making things run amok.

If you do run into any further issues though, if you could please send us your files as below and we'll continue looking into this.

And of course if there's anything else we can help with, just let us know.

Thank you!

Official Response

Suggested Topics