ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• GigglesD2
    Original poster 3 posts

Sup Killas!
    Been a very long time Destiny 2 player, since it launched back in D1, but recently just became disgusted by the game and its downfall from the past so looked around for something similar and well here I am. Grew up gaming on Rainbow 6 type games, I am old as dirt so If you can remember playing Rainbow 6 Rogue Spear or even Vegas props to ya :), so its not foreign to me in the mechanics of it however DAMN! does it leave a ton to desire in terms of information. I will detail below
    Bought the game and everything it had so loaded up with the option of starting at level 1 or 30....think we know how that went 🙂
    Loaded in at 30 and was given 2 exotics etc and after the storyline (i think) was left to my own devices. Been running around all over picking crap up and doing the things i can see etc but man no idea about crafting, upgrading, farming no of it. The 2 exotics are rank 1 and I see no way to infuse them to 40 let alone other weapons. I do kinda get the proficiency stuff and eating a weapon to pull the perk to be a pool for changing and crafting but no idea about exotics. Didnt even know you can put mods on the E and Q drones and stuff after about 60 hours of playing:)

So if anyone is familiar with Destiny 2 and can translate that to Division 2 to help me understand the functions and what to do it would be greatly appreciated. Especially the end game content types, i.e raids strikes dungeons etc and how to increase a weapon or armor from 30 to 40 for instance. Been running around the cities doing things off the map but thats all I can understand at the moment.
    And yep I have tried to watch videos and read but think of trying to tell someone how to drive a car when they have never seen a car 🙂

Many thanks and look forward to seeing you all around.

Oh also I am an SMG addict so any info or help on how to get like Backfire or the other exotics woule be cool beans!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Wolfe_Protocol
    59 posts

@GigglesD2 i am also a new player, having been in tab target mmos for the last 2 decades.

always thought the division would be a cool game to play, but when it came out, my video card wasn't up to the task, so i never bothered with it.

decided to give it a go after seeing it on sale at gg.deals. the first one is great. awesome community full of people who want to help... the division 2 not so much. the community is pretty unwilling to help new players. have tried finding an active clan. no replies. have tried asking for help with things im unable to solo. not much help. meanwhile, the mobs are just this side of invincible... seriously... why the [censored] does every grenade lobber have an arm a major league outfielder would envy?????? have you ever thrown a grenade? i have. they're heavy. if you tried to throw one as far as the mobs in these games can, you'd destroy your shoulder and elbow. but that's beside the point...

ubisoft has done an absolutely miserable job of helping players through endgame activities. i mean... the guys who designed this game just don't give a rat's behind if the players actually enjoy themselves. as long as they pay, i guess.

i've seen very little to lead me to believe ubisoft is interested in growing the population or that the existing community is in any way interested in helping new players.

• Noxious81
    1195 posts
    (...) Loaded in at 30 (...).
    but man no idea about crafting, upgrading, farming no of it. (...) Didnt even know you can put mods on the E and Q drones and stuff after about 60 hours of playing:) (...)

I think this excerpt pretty much shows, what went "wrong" here for you. Although I think the Level 30 Boost is a nice thing for a second or third or fourth character of an experienced agent to get this character into the endgame faster, it is not something completely new players should use.

And I tell you why:
    First, because I really think that the base game's campaign is fun, intriguing, and a very good experience concerning gameplay.
    Second, because I really think this is where new players get taught all the important things they will need to know by heart when entering the endgame. When playing the base game's campaign you will not only experience the narrative part of The Division 2, but you will also slowly and successively learn the basic mechanics and ideas behind such things as Brand and Gear Sets or what talents on gear and perks of a Specialization can do for you. And you of course learn a lot about combat in The Division 2.

So I really can imagine that all the facets of the endgame – from basic combat, to gear and builds, to Recalibration, ... – can be very overwhelming if you really chose to directly jump into the endgame.

Don't get me wrong – I'm not saying you're hopelessly lost and you cannot be helped. But it will require a lot more effort and/or assistance. Because there are a lot of things that you will need to learn and use rather quickly (e. g. Brand and Gear Sets, talents etc. for creating a build, Recalibration and its library) and some that you will not need at all while finding your place in the endgame (Optimization, Expertise).

Maybe... just maybe if you do find the time, I'd really suggest playing a character from level 1 to level 30, from World Tier 1 to World Tier 5, and then to level 40. Just make a new character and keep your first one for later. This could really help you getting along much better with the game. And it really is a great experience. At least I enjoyed the campaign every time I played through it – and I did that for 3 of my now 4 characters.

Suggested Topics