ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• B.00n
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi, as the title stated, i'm on Steam deck, Windows 11, all the driver from Valve installed, Division 2 works great, but For honor just crashed right after the game's window opened. Please help, really want to come back to the game. Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MidXORFeed
    1 posts

@B-00n I'm having this exact same issue with my Steamdeck with Windows 11 installed as well.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3279 posts

Hey,

At this stage, we are unable to guarantee full compatibility between Ubisoft games and services and Steam Deck / SteamOS. Certain games could work; however, we are unable to assist in case of compatibility issues.

Official Response
  • B.00n
    Original poster 4 posts

Almost end of 2022, still can't play For Honor on Steam deck, common

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3957 posts

Hello @B-00n thanks for getting back to us.

To give a little more transparency of Steam Deck issues, our games will be listed on the Steam Deck website (https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames) as the following >>>

Verified > The game works fine without problems
    Playable > The game is playable on the device, but there might be some minor inconveniences, such as small text, smaller displays, issues with controls etc which may require tweaking
    Unsupported > The game does not function on Steam Deck

It is Valve themselves that will test these titles for compatibility, this means we are unable to guarantee full compatibility between Ubisoft games and services and the Steam Deck/SteamOS, so we are unable to assist with any compatibility issues encountered.

I recommend checking the Steam and Steam Deck websites for further help however >  
    Steam Deck support > https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithGame/?appid=1675200&gamepad=0

Official Response
  • JTwinleaf
    2 posts

@Ubi-Milky While this is true, the main issues here is the EAC integration. There is a fix for it that could be implemented made by Epic, though it doesn't seem to be in the case of For Honor. I don't know how many people are still on the dev team, but I'd really appreciate being able to play on the deck. Don't get me wrong, I have no knowledge of coding or dealing with anti-cheat integration, but I do know that the windows version works if you use Windows 10. For some reason Windows 11 has an issue running it on the deck, I wouldn't know the issue, but I do know it runs fine on Window 10 on the deck. If the dev team implemented the linux fix for Easy Anti-Cheat I would be very happy, as would a lot of deck owners.

• Ubi-Milky

No problem @JTwinleaf thanks for your input on this topic. I've forwarded this feedback to our For Honor team as a request for Steam Deck support in the future, but also highlighted your concerns around the Easy Anti Cheat software and also Windows 11 issues running the game on the handheld.

Official Response
  • B.00n
    Original poster 4 posts
    Hello @B-00n thanks for getting back to us.

To give a little more transparency of Steam Deck issues, our games will be listed on the Steam Deck website (https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/mygames) as the following >>>

Verified > The game works fine without problems
    Playable > The game is playable on the device, but there might be some minor inconveniences, such as small text, smaller displays, issues with controls etc which may require tweaking
    Unsupported > The game does not function on Steam Deck

It is Valve themselves that will test these titles for compatibility, this means we are unable to guarantee full compatibility between Ubisoft games and services and the Steam Deck/SteamOS, so we are unable to assist with any compatibility issues encountered.

I recommend checking the Steam and Steam Deck websites for further help however >  
    Steam Deck support > https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithGame/?appid=1675200&gamepad=0

To clarify, I did reinstall windows 10 on the Deck, and still got the same issue, so it's not just windows 11 problem. Also, I do know about Valve's side of compatability, as well as EAC being uncompatible on Steam Os, but we are talking about Windows platform, SO it is either Valve's APU driver, or For Honor game itself, don't get me wrong, I just want to raise question, hoping that someone would look into this. Thanks

• Ubi-Milky

No problem B-00n I have forwarded this feedback to the For Honor team, but I can not guarantee this is something they will be able to look into or resolve. I would also suggest highlighting this issue to Steam using the Steam Deck forums link I recently discovered for bug reporting and game issues > https://steamcommunity.com/app/1675200/discussions/

Official Response
  • JTwinleaf
    2 posts

@Ubi-Milky I appreciate your help and the fact that you actually seem to care at least somewhat. I know it means little and you've done all you can on the issue, I just want to play the funny sword game with my friends since this is the only platform I own as of right now. Thank you for all your hard work.

• Ubi-Ciel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1474 posts

Hey @JTwinleaf We understand how you feel towards the situation and can assure you that all feedback and suggestions are taken very seriously to improve your experience 😊
    If you ever need any more assistance, please don't hesitate to come back to the forums!

Official Response
  • B.00n
    Original poster 4 posts

@Ubi-Milky Hello again, I'd like to inform that recently I try to run for honor using Lutris, Lutris 7.2-2, and there's no "EasyAntiCheat is not running" error prompted (😄) but then the game crashed at "Planing strategy for next battle", hope this help the process. Thanks

• Ubi-DeskLamp
    Ubisoft Support Staff 449 posts

@B-00n Thanks for the update! I've added this to our report, and hopefully Steam Deck will be able to better run the game soon! 🙂

Official Response
  • corviePL
    2 posts

Hi, I can play arcade mode and story mode.

When I want to play multiplayer, after finding a opponent i get 15 min penalty immediately.

Can you update easy anti cheat ? So it would work same way it does with games like apex legends or elden ring ?

My video playing arcade mode.
    It's smooth 60 FPS on high graphic settings.

I'm happy to help to make For Honor playable on steam os ❤

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 445 posts

Hi @corviePL and thank you for the update and the video!

Sorry to hear about your issues with multiplayer. Does the 15min penalty happen every time, in every multiplayer mode? Could you please provide us with a screenshot showing the penalty message in order to take a look and investigate? Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • corviePL
    2 posts

Game does not work on windows 11/10 because amd drivers aren't supported.

And when you try to play on steam os, you can't play online.

Sorry but I don't believe that noone from Ubisoft is able to check it and you need player / community to solve the issue.

• Ubi-Ciel
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1474 posts

Hey @corviePL and thanks for coming back to us!

I understand how you feel about this - but please keep in mind that For Honor is not officially supported by the Steam Deck, so we are unable to assure that it will work on that platform. That being said, be assured that your feedback has been passed on to the dedicated team 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics