ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• valorin
    Original poster 15 posts

I get to play FC6 as part of one week of Ubisoft+ access thanks to Twitch Prime.
    I'm playing for a while now and was actually about to buy this game once my ubi+ access ran out next week, until I learned about the "Precious Cargo" mission where Dani watches a human trafficker drive off with a load of women they helped rescue before and does NOTHING about it.
    I have no problem with questioning the moral of FCs heroes, that was always a thing, but THIS is not only too much but so absolutely out of character and so brutally wrong, it kinda hurts to play on in Dani's skin.
    This topic already came up a few times I think, and to be honest, I think this mission either needs to go or should be changed to fit at least how the main character is narrated.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    148 posts

@valorin I've seen the scene you are referring too. Dani is a bit shocked because the implication comes out of nowhere - she thought she was delivering (and helping) "cargo" (of people) to escape the island.

But I will say this about the overall scene - at the time it caused me to think about its implications and caused me to think about the horror that goes on both in undeveloped and developed countries. And that in itself is not a bad thing. People tend to want to switch the channels sometimes myself included to look away. Said another way, FC 6 is not a "teaching game" but it was when I saw that scene.

• valorin
    Original poster 15 posts

@rickidoo2010 I'm absolutely fine with the topic itself, and if it was in a GTA game it would have fit the way it was done. Dani though would never have watched him drive off and just tolerate it. In my opinion that sends the wrong message. For me it makes it look like something that can be tolerated by someone who is usually in rage at the thought of slavery and oppression, which Dani pretty much is.
    That's my criticism. The message the game sends by letting a character like Dani stand by and tolerate human trafficking like that.
    A friend of mine actually rage quit after this scene and didn't touch the game again.
    I, myself made up my head canon and chalked it off as really bad writing and played on. But well, today my free week of Ubi+ ends and for now I actually won't buy the game because of this one scene.

• modmcsupersport
    17 posts

@valorin LOL, what do you expect from the company that made a murdering madman, who killed his own child, brainwashed a cult, who then went out and tortured, murdered and brain burned people for slaves....and then they made him "right" and preached the entire game you shouldn't oppose him and he was right......yeah, that company doesn't have any morals to speak of if they are trying to get a point across. The point they are usually trying to send is, YOU AREN'T A HERO, so stop playing with guns in games and move on....

Sadly, they don't seem to understand what there games are really telling people or are saying....In FC5, they tried to make the point of guns aren't always the answer....but instead said don't fight evil pyshopaths because they are likely doing the right thing.....yeah, I don't get why anyone who would consider themselves a decent person wouldn't oppose a murdering psychopath with everything in their power, but Ubi seems to think this is wrong.

Now this mission says, hey, when you are blasting people, you aren't the good guy necessarily, you are just a thug delivering slaves.....I can see the point, you have to understand who and what you are doing, but there should be a way to stop it if you realize.....but again, this is Ubi....you can't be the hero, you just have to be a bad guy with a gun because fighting for what is right with a gun isn't an excuse and guns bad....

Suggested Topics