ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 2071 posts

After updating the game to TU 1.6.0, I started noticing that Eivor’s mount would go from the usual trotting all around Ravensthorpe down to a slow walk when approaching the entrance of the longhouse OR when passing by the hunter’s hut.

What is going on here? We did not ask for this.

Is this some kind of subtle suggestion that Eivor wants to slow down when approaching the two love interests in the game? If so, then why slow down for Petra when already in a committed relationship with Randvi, or vice versa? If not, what then is the point of making the mount walk so slow at this point in Ravensthorpe when Eivor can literally run faster? On a related topic... why restrict the gait speed at all in towns any way? When Eivor is targeted by enemies, the mount should be able to achieve a full gallop in a restricted area to escape. Please fix this.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@TheNorfolkian
    same here on PS4 pro, even in a save where I'm still unable to romance anyone (never talked to Petra & just claimed Grantebridgescire and nothing else),
    I guess, I may be wrong, that it's more related to PS4 having issue with some texture loading in Ravensthorpe : I saw somewhere in the forum a topic about this, but it was for "basic" PS4 & HDD (with my PS4 pro & SSD = didn't saw any noticable issue) : it's even much slower than in AC Odyssey ...

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5866 posts

Hi @TheNorfolkian @azullFR apologies for the late response.

I am unsure why the speed has changed after update 1.6.0, however I forwarded your feedback on to the development team.

Official Response
  • Ashelsu
    74 posts

@azullFR It happens on PC too, not PS exclusive. Noticed it trying to hop on my horse during predator quest.

• Ubi-Keo

@Ashelsu thanks for confirming this.

Official Response
  • azullFR
    3090 posts

@Ubi-Keo
    I will change what I said in my previous post here :

(with my PS4 pro & SSD = didn't saw any noticable issue)

just for info : with Sigrblot festival I've got some FPS drops in Ravensthorpe, mainly in the festival area

• pesto.
    371 posts

Same here, Xbox one series X. I think it’s related to the festival as it’s in areas near there, maybe there’s overlapping slow down fields between the two areas or the festival has a wrong value setting.

In either case please remove all slowdown from riding in populated areas on next gen consoles and PC. I use a horse to get places quicker in the game, not role play being a polite guy (which I could do by easing on the joystick).

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @azullFR @pesto thanks for the information provided, I have forwarded this on to the development team.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 2071 posts

@Ubi-Keo @azullFR @pesto @Ashelsu It looks like this issue was not directly caused by the festival coding, but specifically something in TU 1.6.0 since the festival just ended. Here is an updated video...

You will notice that the mount also does a slow walk across the riverside bridge, but not the bridge from the longhouse to the festival area. Additionally, as a side note... I would like to point out that at the beginning of the video when the festival ended, I received new copies of the war letters, even though I had previously collected them. This doesn’t seem to be a bug by itself, but it is odd that it happened.

Please ask the developers to completely remove slow gait movement for mounts in all towns for this game. As I recall, in a very early title update, they removed the slow uphill gait that many players complained about. That was particularly annoying... and seeing Eivor run as fast or faster than a mount is also annoying.

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@TheNorfolkian

and seeing Eivor run as fast or faster than a mount is also annoying.

I saw him (her) running faster than the horse in these kind of "slow areas" !

seems that some of the FPS drops I had in Ravensthorpe are gone with the festival, I would have been nice to not seen these "slow areas" anymore 🙂

So,
    @ Ubisoft Game Team : please, remove these "slow areas" 🙂

(PS4 pro, AC Valhalla TU 1.6.0 on internal SSD)

• SpirantCrayon22
    2529 posts

I'm more concerned by the stupid autopilot behaviour in Hemthorpe; slow riding when no-one's around but racing and running people down when they are there. Either way it's not a major problem, I don't tend to use the horse in "urban" areas!

• Randelia
    431 posts

The speed limits in Siege of Paris DLC are also stupid. The horse still slows down too far away from towns. If you want to make a speed limit in towns, use trotting, and let us gallop as soon as we have cleared the gate. Outside of towns: no speed limits, please.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @TheNorfolkian apologies for the late response.

Thanks for the update and the video, I have forwarded this on to the development team.

Official Response
  • H0BBS-
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • H0BBS-
    15 posts
    The speed limits in Siege of Paris DLC are also stupid. The horse still slows down too far away from towns. If you want to make a speed limit in towns, use trotting, and let us gallop as soon as we have cleared the gate. Outside of towns: no speed limits, please.

I also was going to mention this.
    Besides the slow horse speed in my settlement, SoP is extremely annoying.
    The horse slows down so far outside the city areas, it is faster to just get off and run.

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1147 posts

Hey there, @Randelia @H0BBS! Thanks for your feedback about the horse speed in Francia. Other players have also shared this sentiment, and so we've passed the feedback along to the dev team for consideration. We haven't heard back yet, but you can always keep an eye on the patch notes in the News & Announcements forum. Thank you again!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2529 posts

not just the hunter's hut in Ravensthorpe, it's in a few places - weird, spoils immersion (sometimes I do ride all the way rather than fast travel but this slow walk spoils that, I'm not always *that* patient

Suggested Topics