ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Torvaldesq
    Original poster 9 posts

The first ending to Forgotten Saga kind of wraps up Niflheim, but also keeps an obvious loose end:

spoiler

I've cleared it a couple more times (getting the rest of the currency for various purchases and trophies). On subsequent playthroughs, when you clear the entire thing, Hel basically just says, "you're annoying and should stop repeating this." But there's not really any follow-up on anything in the camp, and Odin just keeps on with his single-minded mission.

If you return to the waking world, there's still an active quest to go back to Niflheim.

Is there any additional story content that wraps up Odin deciding not to repeat his actions there forever? Is there some number of times you'd need to beat it? Some other weird condition? spoiler

Just seems like such a weird note to end the DLC on for Odin.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• A Former User
    0 posts

I don't think there is. I'm hoping it'll be expanded on as rogue-like is a favorite of mine.
    It's a game mode as it stands now, not a single mission. It's made for repetition so I don't think it'll end. But the quest thing is strange to me, the Svartalfheim potion is not like that and you can still use it after having completed the dlc. So perhaps there is an ending if you manage everything to completion about the Forgotten Saga.

• Ezioassassin361
    9 posts

@Torvaldesq

I too have defeated Hel and I still have an active quest to Return to Niflheim.

I have watched a video with all cutscenes and I don’t seem to have missed anything but it is strange that the quest continues to be open.

Should I just leave it?

• TheNorfolkian
    1620 posts

@Torvaldesq I concur. It is highly unusual for a quest marker to continue existing after ‘completing’ the story in the new game mode. When completing the ‘story’ for the Mastery Challenge stuff, the quest marker went away, and the same can be said for the River Raid content and the Forgotten Tomb storyline. So, it is odd that the quest is perpetually on, even when completing another run and no further cutscenes are visible after beating Hel a second, third, or fourth time, etc. ....

It is possible though that because Odin’s memories are wiped every time, that each run is ‘new’ to him, and thus the quest is always ‘new’.... but then we still don’t get the cutscenes after seeing them the first time, so it’s not ‘new’ to Eivor or us. It could be that this was a coding bug that was overlooked by the team. After all, I already noted a sampling of issues with the new release... this could just be another.

Suggested Topics