ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• F.i.x.e.r
    Original poster 113 posts

Today was just not a good day. After a couple of days crash free (except for the usual mini freezes and invisible walls in Countdown), first my server connection was showing just "Region" but not indicating where and I had absolutely no response to matchmaking for anything until finally after exiting the game and rebooting Ubisoft connect, I was connected to U.S. East (my region).

So after getting an immediate response to matchmaking on Countdown I found myself on the European servers indicating a weak connection, next run was U.S. West, then Asia, then back on European and so on all day with the odd run in my region. Each time I would return to U.S. East after extraction. Just to kick off the day I did have three crashes before settling down for the day, all of which were on European connected runs.

Edit:
    Ah ha, just found this:
    The Division 2 – Maintenance of online services. We will be carrying out an essential maintenance on 2 August 2022 from 00:30 to 03:30

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Nerfed-Again
    58 posts

@F-i-x-e-r I had 2 crashes yesterday (my first crash for about 5 days) i was able to play Grand Washington up to the room just before Kelso ignites the ammo pile and it crashed. I restarted and got to exactly the same point at it crashed again. I may have one more try and if it crashes again i will be leaving it to collect pixel dust. This many years into a game and it still has bugs and crashes.

• echolecter
    354 posts

Everything is wrong with the servers (back-end infrastructure) and it doesn't matter where they are located. Eversince they introduced Connect it's been going downhill with response times and performance of all online services. Just browse these forums of the games listed and the majority of issues and problems that are posted all scream server issues and lack of proper services. Whether it's account/login, not being able to see new purchases in library, verification of DLC or previously bought items disappearing, in-game archievements not registering, corrupted/missing saves, when played demos run into problems when own game, etc, etc.

Just closed this game after first crash at 88% during load, then FOXTROT error after restart, and later loading issues with object/textures which finally resulted in character falling through map. It's terrible at the moment and honestly, whatever they introduce as fix for crashes (if actually works at all), it will not solve the overall service/network failures. Typical case of penny wise, pound foolish.

• F.i.x.e.r
    Original poster 113 posts

@echolecter But why are they sticking me on all kinds of different servers thousands of miles away from me, every one of them understandably showing a weak connection?

• hralex1951
    204 posts

Something happened affecting the netcode, Ubi Connect is a likely suspect. I used to get a green connect, now a blue and sometimes a yellow. If I play anywhere except on US East, the lag is terrible and it sometimes glitches badly. My bandwidth is 300mb up and down, so if that is not good enough, the game net performance is garbage. This is the only game I play that crashes, lags and glitches. Breakpoint is perfect. Cyberpunk 2077 is perfect. I play older games like AC Unity and Mass Effect Inquisition and they are perfect.
    Why this game? Disconnects in match play are worse than ever. And the communication is non existent. No wonder Ubi is in such total disarray.

• Imagine_Brata
    745 posts

@F-i-x-e-r I am happy that I live in Sweden, and always get the fastest connection, usually 5-7 in ping to division 2 servers with my 1000/1000 mbit/s line

• hralex1951
    204 posts

That explains why your game is so stable, but, if you need a gb of bandwidth to play this game, then the net code is trash.

Suggested Topics