ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SuspiciousPixel
    Original poster 588 posts

As you know Season 10 and 11 will add Quality of Life (QOL) Improvements. Whilst this seems like a vague statement, below is a list of what I would like to see being implemented. Please feel free to add your suggestions.

QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENT SUGGESTIONS

Performance/Stability
    - Crash fixes
    - High CPU usage fixes
    - DX12 crash fixes
    - Updating Anti Cheat so it runs better on our machines. We shouldn't have to set it to run on one core to increase stability
    - Improve EAC, this is going to be pivotal if you want Heartlands to succeed.
    - Better anticheat reporting and most importantly feedback tools.

Matchmaking
    - Region based matchmaking fixed. Why am I sometimes connected to USA servers when I am based in EU?

UI/HUD
    - Add unique sound for Exotic drops
    - Headhunter UI fixes
    - Add global chat regional filter so we do not have foreign chat spam
    -- Impossible to use global chat due to Chinese spammers | Ubisoft Discussion Forums
    - Exotic/named drop chances from (x) source publicised in game 
    - Update version control system for future updates. Why are they no longer updated in the game's "Patch Notes" main menu which shows 1.12 as the latest?

Leaderboards
    - TU based leaderboards introduced

Specializations
    - Specialization node not limited to only 3 weapon types
    - Switching to Specialization weapons should be instant like pistols with no animations
    - Tactician Specialization load time should be decreased
    - Tactician Specialization is dumb when NPCS are behind cover. It hits the cover and doesn't "seek"
    - Add grenade based chest talents to specialization tree modes and remove them from the loot pool (Mad Bomber, Explosive Delivery, To Order)

Accessibility
    - Adding a camera shake disable option to Accessibility options
    -- Adding slider or numerical value for spending SHD points on materials.
    -- Can we please have a slider on our SHD watch for when we want to spend SHD points buying materials? | Ubisoft Discussion Forums

Missions
    - Adding difficulty selection to Classified missions. 
    - Fixing the mortar spam on invaded National Manning Zoo it's been broken for almost 2 years. 
    - Summit Floor 10 patched
    - Activity XP reworked

Projects
    - Add Season holder specific project to the weekly rotation that rewards a generous but balanced amount of exotics (5) for completing a set of tasks.

Directives
    - Fixing Fragile Armor 

Commendations
    - Fixing broken Summit commendations (Summit combat mastery has been broken for almost 2 years!)
    -- https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/165962/summit-commendation-bug/

Credits
    - DZ Credits cap increase
    -- https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/155239/dz-vendor-and-proficiency

Expertise
    - Specialization weapons expertise upgrade should be account wide
    - Add expertise for grenades (Increased damage, larger radius, greater throwing range, longer effect duration) based on grenade type.

Countdown
    - Add the ability to vote kick in countdown to not have the leader kick an entire team
    - Remove the ability to kick players from countdown after main objective is complete
    - Add the ability for players to re-join their countdown session after a disconnect
    - Auto start when slots filled
    - Fix region based matchmaking
    - Fix disconnects and crashes
    - Countdown difficulty selection (Although this is planned in August) 

Raid 
    - Re-introduce Raid Checkpoints
    - Fix Leaderboard exploits (Completions and Times)
    -- Raid split glitch patched (the cause of 1 min times)
    -- Saving the last boss checkpoint and completing the raid should NOT count as a completion 
    - Fix shooting panels with an exotic weapon or shotgun from bugging out the codes/symbols in Iron Horse Raid during Captain Fieser encounter

DZ
    - Fix Targeted Loot
    - Fix Shrapnel trap 

Gear
    - Catharsis mask should also heal skills not only armour 
    - Make Aces and Eights a viable gearset again that promotes Teamwork. It used to be perfect!

Weapons
    - Merciless was supposed to get re-visted in 2021 and get a damage buff or recoil reduction. It never happened! 

Mods
    - Bring back Kill XP mods. If you can introduce new Pulse Resistance mods then why can't Kill XP mods be brought back for end game players who are farming levels, expertise etc.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    954 posts

@SuspiciousPixel lots of great QoL you have given 👍

I would also like to see:

• Missing skins for some of the skills to be either earned or purchased (been like it for years)
    • Skill/Gear mods to also be on the optimization station.
    • Option to turn off Sandstorm (even though it's rare i really find it pointless)
    • Mission givers mouth to move when they speak (i find that quite shocking for a game of this quality)
    • Be able to change the way we look, i.e eyes/mouth etc etc.
    • Remove the apparel sign (!) telling us we have a key to use.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

Definately making use of the classified assignments as you stated. Just bought them because the roadmap shows: no further missions and open world content.

I understand it’s work for them to integrate in main game but for me it would be fine if this is done with compromises, eg adding heroic difficulty level only. Would be 8 more missions for the mission lovers.

Additionally: what about the “mask hunters“? Personally I do not care about the masks, don’t have all of them. Didn’t do all the hunter’s because of the weird and kitchy tasks to call them. BUT: it was a lot work to develop and implement it, for a short one-time opportunity only. The hunter pursuit should be repeatable and they could also be part of the weekly projects. Why not? The stuff is there. Some might argue, well it’s a special event and it should stay like this. Read this argument also regarding the latest final manhunt battle. Man, everything is repetition in this game. Why not making use of the existing for a bit variety. Manhunt and the hunters were designed for a very short playtime only. That should be repeatable and it’s ready content. No costs, quick win.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    - Crash fixes

For anyone who missed it:

- Add global chat regional filter so we do not have foreign chat spam

That is of limited use as many regions have people who speak multiple languages. A filter based on the players in-game language could work, but would still have the same issue for places like Switzerland or Belgium.

- Specialization node not limited to only 3 weapon types

We'll have to see how the spec revamp plays out, but I think they should keep this aspect. They already expanded the weapon types from one at launch anyway. Making the specializations more specialized is the way to go IMO.

- Switching to Specialization weapons should be instant like pistols with no animations

I would be fine with the same switch speed as any other weapon, so long as it's subject to any weapon handling rolls.

- Add grenade based chest talents to specialization tree modes and remove them from the loot pool (Mad Bomber, Explosive Delivery, To Order)

The time to do this was when Gear 2.0 came in. I don't think it would be cool to mess with peoples gear at this point

- Add Season holder specific project to the weekly rotation that rewards a generous but balanced amount of exotics (5) for completing a set of tasks.

Do you mean the season pass? That would feel a bit too close to "pay 2 win" with the exotic requirement for expertise.

- DZ Credits cap increase

YES. It's annoying only being able to buy one item at a time due to the cap. It feels like an oversight when they didn't increase the cap with Warlords, as L30 items are cheaper (i.e. you have change left over after buying two).

Re-introduce Raid Checkpoints

Yannick has said it's a bug:

- Auto start when slots filled

This should only be implemented if the ability to join/rejoin an ongoing run is added. I've seen people disconnect/crash out a few seconds after joining the group. It would also preclude the leader kicking people/rearranging teams before the run starts

I will add one item:

Increase the cap for optimization materials.
    I know there has been mention that the caps for crafting materials are going up, but would like to see the optimization material caps increased too. Having to use mules to avoid wasting optimization caches is annoying.

• R0CH3LL3
    68 posts
    why can't Kill XP mods be brought back for end game players who are farming levels, expertise

A bit OT but this is just factually incorrect: XP has no bearing on Proficiency at all. You manually get Proficiency, i.e. playing the game, just from killing enemies.

• Normal enemies (red) - 352 Proficiency
    • Veterans (purple) - 422 Proficiency
    • Elites (light orange) - 528 Proficiency

Neither difficulty nor directives have any effect on this: you get the same amount of Proficiency for killing a red enemy on Legendary as you do on Normal.
    Worth noting is different equipment slots get different amounts of awarded Proficiency though: Your 'main' weapon used to kill an enemy gets 100%. Your other weapon, 'slot 2', gets 50% of this. Skills and armor (1 piece equipped) get ~66%. I can't answer for Pistols nor Specialization Weapons (I assume they get the unequipped 50%?) since I've already maxed out all of them.

Armor categories can be combined in order to multiply the awarded Proficiency to this category (I'm guessing this goes for equipping the same weapon in both slots as well).

This is just from some quick testing I did after discovering finishing activities gave no Proficiency whatsoever. There's still a lot information I can't answer for: Do you get the full 352 prof from a red enemy killed by a teammate, for example? Skill kills awarding full 100% to that skill in particular? Etc. etc.
    What I'm trying to say is: No, +xp mods are are of such questionable use and marginal worth that having them in the loot pool would only serve to dilute it and make more worthwhile mods harder to get. 😁 If you need SHD levels quicker, activate some directives.

• WrecK3rr
    463 posts

@SuspiciousPixel Great suggestions mate.

I'd be grateful if they could do even a few from this.

"Performance/Stability
    - Crash fixes
    - High CPU usage fixes
    - DX12 crash fixes
    - Updating Anti Cheat so it runs better on our machines. We shouldn't have to set it to run on one core to increase stability
    - Improve EAC, this is going to be pivotal if you want Heartlands to succeed.
    - Better anticheat reporting and most importantly feedback tools."

• SuspiciousPixel
    why can't Kill XP mods be brought back for end game players who are farming levels, expertise
    A bit OT but this is just factually incorrect: XP has no bearing on Proficiency at all. You manually get Proficiency, i.e. playing the game, just from killing enemies.
    • Normal enemies (red) - 352 Proficiency
    • Veterans (purple) - 422 Proficiency
    • Elites (light orange) - 528 Proficiency

Neither difficulty nor directives have any effect on this: you get the same amount of Proficiency for killing a red enemy on Legendary as you do on Normal.
    Worth noting is different equipment slots get different amounts of awarded Proficiency though: Your 'main' weapon used to kill an enemy gets 100%. Your other weapon, 'slot 2', gets 50% of this. Skills and armor (1 piece equipped) get ~66%. I can't answer for Pistols nor Specialization Weapons (I assume they get the unequipped 50%?) since I've already maxed out all of them.

Armor categories can be combined in order to multiply the awarded Proficiency to this category (I'm guessing this goes for equipping the same weapon in both slots as well).

This is just from some quick testing I did after discovering finishing activities gave no Proficiency whatsoever. There's still a lot information I can't answer for: Do you get the full 352 prof from a red enemy killed by a teammate, for example? Skill kills awarding full 100% to that skill in particular? Etc. etc.
    What I'm trying to say is: No, +xp mods are are of such questionable use and marginal worth that having them in the loot pool would only serve to dilute it and make more worthwhile mods harder to get. 😁 If you need SHD levels quicker, activate some directives.

You're right, Increased kill on XP mods wont work for Proficiency but for regular SHD farming they are still desirable if used for the right purpose (like any mod in the loot pool). When we used to have Increased kill on XP gear attributes and mods they were incredible for levelling which would still be the case post Gear 2.0.

In the OP I did say "for end game players" and until we have more content there is nothing for players in my position to do but farm SHD levels which during Global Events is beneficial for earning stars to buy exotic caches for upgrading gear/skills/weapons/specializations. By having Increased Kill on XP mods we'd be able to level up faster and reap the benefits. Additionally this would benefit new players also.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@SuspiciousPixel

until we have more content“

I understand we will get a new mode only (hope survival but I fear it’s a kind of incursion/resistance/countdown….). But perhaps next year …

• SuspiciousPixel

@GnarlyAtol1793 I wouldn't mind a horde/resistance game mode I found it enjoyable in Division 1. As for Survival that will be the new IP Heartland. I wouldn't mind a Last Stand game mode but unless Massive tackle and take the cheater and online abuse situation seriously I've stayed away from PVP in this game.

Since I can't edit the OP

Weapons
    - Make the Carbine 7 a named item or allow it to come with different talents other than "Overflowing"

Expertise
    - The image for Force Multiplier backpack is Ceska, this is incorrect.

• Imagine_Brata
    887 posts
    - Countdown difficulty selection (Although this is planned in August) 

let's hope we get harder difficulty levels as well, so it will be worth playing again. I'm not after the rewards just the challenge

• SuspiciousPixel

Summit
    - Add Specialization bench to Summit Lobby
    - Increase frequency lockers appear for selling items
    - Allow challenges to be reset whilst on Summit floor, not having to return to Lobby to do it.   

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

Overall, I'd really like to see some more paid DLC. I'd without question drop some cold cash on map expansions for D.C/NYC or both.

D.C could be extended north while introducing possibilities to extend DZ East and West.

An iteration I'd like to see added to Heroic mode is having re-spawn being disabled when grouped in the open world on Heroic.

When agents are downed, they can only be revived or spawn only once the rest of the group have been killed.

I also wouldn't object to our watches being reset every season. Not our SHD level, but our watch upgrades.
    This would close the gap for new players coming in every season.

DZ level increase.
    I think Dark Zones in both Division 1 and 2 are under utilized in terms of content. There should be another type of leveling system integrated into DZs that's beyond the current 50 level perk system.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@Imagine_Brata

„Countdown … let's hope we get harder difficulty levels as well“

Yeah, and a mode variant without timer and the flexibility to play solo and up to 8 people for the lovers of the missions of the main game. Why not making a “normal mission mode“ as well, where is the harm?

• SuspiciousPixel

@GnarlyAtol1793 The problem I have with the game right now is that there isn't any decent end game content.

Countdown for me goes hand in hand with Proficiency/Expertise levelling and is for players starting or mid way through the game as it's an amazing source of loot whilst not being as dreary as Summit.

Whilst I am grateful we have countdown it gets boring and repetitive fast. There is no challenge to it and no desirable rewards.
    There should be more teamwork in CD, puzzles rather than capture this, destroy this, plug in this but then I guess that's unique to Raids and other game modes will have dumbed down encounters.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@SuspiciousPixel

Summit“

I do not like Summit at all, because of the tasks, the looks, this boring steril endless mode without any story contribution.

But nevertheless I think it’s a very well done mode in technical terms and helpful for the farmers and SHD number hunters.

For me as open world and main mission lover I have the following dream for a separate Summit use case:

What I am looking for is making use of the Summit for normal small missions, side missions and projects, integrating in weekly projects and integrating in main game. For this:

• make a fixed arrangement of the existing floors
    • improve some of the floors to make it more varied and appealing, eg open shopping areas with several floors, office floors with smaller rooms and some narrow hallways with different ways, hidden laboratories, hidden ammo and weapon storages, …, living floors (if not possible due to ressource/financial constraints keep current floors)
    • by the way the existing lobby is visually great and should be integrated in the gameplay and not only used for the technical things
    • there is no need for huge missions but smaller tasks in that setup would contribute to the variety of the game
    • for such a mode exclude all these technical frippery tasks of the current Summit mode and replace with realistic tasks, eg rescuing civilians, hunting vilians, rogue agents, search for hidden secrets, finding information to unlock other activities, … activities that contribute to the story

I would be happy already if they would use the existing floors only for such a set-up. Was already thinking about that when I first time played that stunning looking Underground in Division 1.

Now the bigger thing. Stupidly I started the Expertise [censored] before my holiday … now I have the ambition to complete it … and what happened … I joined someone in floor 10 exploit to make named items and exotics proficient … what a [censored] … . When I arrived at the Summit Lobby I recognized something I did not recognize before … there are windows and I can a bit see what’s outside. Not a big thing but I recognized something else. I saw Skyscrapers I have seen before.

I have seen these when I had a 7 hours tourist trip after I jumped over the glitch fence in one of the Coney Island missions 😁.

After arriving at the hovercraft at the Coney Island beach, moving through it and reaching the other side of the beach, strolling at the beach 😊, visiting the ship wrecks, crossing the mountain area and reaching the huge desert area, I saw skyscrapers at the horizon. I think it took around 15 minutes running to arrive there. Well, there was it, the Summit Scyscraper. I was standing in front of it. But there was not only the Summit building but also the surrounding skyscraper’s I could see from the Summit Lobby. The thing is that these other skyscrapers were complete and I could look at them from all sides and walk to them.

Therefore I am thinking that they originally planned something more comprehensive, a Summit with an additional open outside area with these other skyscrapers what they finally skipped and didn’t complete.

Therefore my bigger dream is: the Summit mission set up as explained above, making use of the existing floors and perhaps some visual improvements and making use of the existing surrounding open area and integrate it into the main game as an additional open area that can be reached like the WoNY map.

Of course that will not be realized 😊 but more aparell, guns, gear, modes, seasons … 🤢🤢🤢🤮

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive

" I'd really like to see some more paid DLC“

I couldn’t agree more. Stop with the free content and better use the ressources for good paid content. But they will not do it because they make more money with aparell.

Sure, a DLC like WoNY would be a lot work. But I am thinking that not everything needs to be big. They could prepare some new missions for the existing map(s) and asking for money. I would be happy to pay for it when integrated in the main game (like the later added Pentagon). Expansion can also be some additional open world activities (but realistic ones that contribute to the story).

But, yeah, further map expansion would be great. Probably better expanding the existing than making a Division 3 and making use of Division 1 map ❤❤❤😊

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 I be okay with map expansions with missions that are solely dedicated to manhunts missions instead of them being entire story missions.

I think there's a lot of small changes they could make now.

i.e Having bounties randomly spawn and roam districts instead of being in the same static locations.
    Have them randomly spawn in the district once the bounty is activated.

I agree. I think expanding Division 2 would be better than a Division 3. I without question would pay for a D.C map expansion and for the original NY map in a summer setting. I find it hard to believe we haven't gotten more DLC after WoNY. It'd be a must buy if they released the original NYC map, original DZ and all. Add control points and world activities and we would have a great new experience. Would prefer a re-release of the original NYC map over a Division 3.

I'd personally rather pay for content. Paying for DLC renders better quality content over free content IMO.

Release the original NYC map for $50-$60 and I bet just about everyone would buy it. They could charge upwards to $80-$100 and I'd still buy it.

I mean heck, if they released an option to switch the map U.I like it was in the first Division as an add-on for $15, that would sell too.

Division 2 has a great foundation for expansion for DLCs. There really is a lot they can do with Division 2.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 The Summit never really stuck with me.

First it seems too isolated from the rest of the game's world. Like, if it was a building in the WoNY map that we could enter, I would play more of it. Have an entire district revolved around The Summit. Like Dark Zone, but in the open world with The Summit in that District.

But even still, I can never wrap my head around why The Summit was populated with so many enemies to begin with.

Underground in the first game made sense because enemies were re-locating there operations underground after The Division was activated and starting securing NYC. What is it about The Summit that became so appealing to factions? The overall lure of The Summit hasn't stuck with me.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@Imagine_Brata They're suppose to add more difficulties to Countdown with the next manhunt season.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 I just don't see how survival would fit into The Division 2. Dark Zones aren't big enough, plus we don't have the chilling winter.

The only way to consider survival is to expand DZ East and West, utilize the sandstorm in correlation with an intense heat wave.

But, I think overall, Survival will always just fit better in the first game.

Instead of integrating Survival into Division 2, they should consider adding various actives to DZs, on top of Landmarks. Make the DZ an expansion of the open world with various different, dynamic actives. In both DZ trailers for Division 1 and 2, we can see that civilizations wonder there way into DZs, but we don't see them in the live game.

Have civilians randomly spawn into DZs, creating a Dynamic event where SHD agents work to get them out of the DZ, while rogue players try to kill them.

Another one is allowing players to activate DZ bounties just like in the open world. If a player activates a bounty in the DZ, players in the DZ are notified and can help clear the bounty or turn rogue to prevent the player(s) who activated the bounty from killing the bounty and then claiming the rewards for themselves. Activities like these which put players against each other.

There's a lot they can do with DZs.

Suggested Topics