ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 2520 posts

A good mechanism to put into the game would be a post-game-end shop for missed items.

For example, as the game was very young I did what I thought was reasonably thorough but missed things in Norway. I don't mean the yellow dots or world events, I specifically mean the Ymir Scream tattoo set. I had no way of knowing, other than "cheating" or "meta-gaming" that any side-quests would disappear or even what all the markers on the screen meant. So I only found out recently that tattoo set was actually a "thing".

That then leads me to wonder what else I might have missed. I haven't trawled the internet to find out yet but it makes no difference anyway, if I didn't get them that's it. Perhaps that's as intended but I think it'd be better to allow players to get hold of things after a quest is done. In previous games reliving a memory again did most or nearly all of this (not that damned picture/location thing in AC2 or ACB, think I had to do the entire game again for that).

So, please add something. With the game as it is I don't see why re-living memories can't be a thing and putting items in the shop after dealing with Alfred is surely not that hard.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    3083 posts

@SpirantCrayon22

I agree,

TU 1.5.2 notes said :

Miscellaneous / Addressed
    Some parts of the Ymir Scream tattoo set are missing.

in fact they are still missing, we need to restart a new game and loosing everything aquired during festivals and some challenges,
    some of the item can't be aquired in a second palythrough (if I'm correct) + if you already done the WoD DLC : it will be bugged

I'm also wondering if there are any other items or maybe side quests lost this way
    So your suggestion is a good one 👍

Note : For illustration, missing Ymir tatoos

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts

@azullFR Oh man... the complete set looks so good. I still have just the chest tattoo.

@SpirantCrayon22 I completely agree here... I would gladly hand over more silver to a shop person to get the rest of that set.

It also has been said before, but here I’ll say it again... the post-game shop needs to have a way for the player to dispense with excess inventory items like Supplies that we can’t spend. Unless of course, NG+ will transfer all such resources over... Also, do something like AC Origins where Bayek could purchase Scrolls of Knowledge for XP. That way, players with excess inventory and silver can benefit.

• SpirantCrayon22

@TheNorfolkian you can buy scrolls of knowledge in ACV - is there a difference in Origins?

• azullFR
    3083 posts

@SpirantCrayon22

if I remember correctly it was only after you reached the max level
    Really not sure it was after certain level, but for sure you had to buy several Knowledge Tablets to have a full level
    but you also could buy some Legendary weapons you may have already sold (6 random legendary weapons / 2 days if I'm correct)

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 @azullFR In AC Origins, you could buy as many as you wanted until you ran out of money. In AC Valhalla, you can only buy one skill point, then you have to level up to get the shop refreshed for another.

Now, as an additional suggestion, I would like to see some kind of mechanism that would refresh or reload the shop inventory. We can ring a bell to restock the barracks with new Jomsvikings, so how about we have something that can restock the store with a new set of runes? It’s kind of lame that I can’t immediately get all the specific runes I want to create a test build. I have to go around killing enemies and waiting for something to be in stock in a store in order to eventually get enough of one type of rune.

• azullFR
    3083 posts

@TheNorfolkian
    for the "Runes stock refresh" there is kind of workaround but it's risky (some bugs may occur, example : runes vendor going away and never coming back, I already had it just because Ubi game team wanted a video to show the old problem with too short runes list)

1. When you level up go in front of shop (not too close)
    2. do a manual save
    3. enter the shop and look at the runes
    4. if you don't buy anything just reloading the manual save will reset the Runes merchant stock

messy and risky

• TheNorfolkian
    2064 posts

@azullFR Ah yes, I have done that trick before... it’s just tedious and it still only works once after you get the rune you want.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Yea yo, I'm in for that; good suggestion. +

• Randelia
    431 posts

Great suggestion. Would love such a shop.

• XBL_Laberbacke
    685 posts

Yes, I'm repeating myself but that won't make Ubi any dough.

• SpirantCrayon22

@XBL_Laberbacke true but there's a theoretical chance something might happen, especially as the Ymir Scream tattoos were supposed to have been fixed but actually aren't fixed, which raises the chance from zero to not much at all

Suggested Topics