ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Randelia
    Original poster 431 posts

I'm playing on PC. Now the database has enemies missing for Dawn of Ragnarok in Swartalfheim. These are the only ones in there for me:
    spoilerThere were many more entries when I started DoR. Now since 1.6.0 it's just 3 left. I have explored all of the map and met I think all the enemies.

Anybody else has this going on?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3590 posts

Hey @Randelia

Thanks for the screenshot. I'll forward this info and a copy of your save file to the dev team to look into this.

Official Response
  • Randelia

@Ubi-Froggard Thank you much, Ubi-Froggard. How do I upload a save file here in the forum? I see a button for a picture, but nothing for a save file. Should I make a ticket and upload the save file there? Thank you again for responding 🙂

I checked the files and it downloaded some stuff but the database entries are the same: still only those 3 enemies. Nothing has changed.

• Ubi-LadyBlue
    Ubisoft Support Staff 731 posts

No worries @Randelia,

I can see that @Ubi-Froggard already has already gotten that save file added to the report for you so no need to worry about making a ticket or anything. Thanks for being so willing to help though. 💙

If there's anything else we can help you with or you have any questions, feel free to reach out to either of us in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Verse
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1702 posts

@Randelia Hi there 😊

Our development team has requested some further information for their investigation:

• Have you touched the Forgotten Saga DLC? If so, have you completed it?
    • Could you please provide us with screenshots and/or video footage that show the names of the missing enemies in the Codex?

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Randelia

@Ubi-Verse Thank you much for responding 🙂

Yes I have started The Forgotten Saga. I did 3 playthroughs in that game mode. The furthest I got is: Dokkerland, right after talking to the dwarf at the entry, where the big muspel enemy with the key is. It's possible the game is showing me the enemies I met freshly in Forgotten Saga. Because the big enemy there always throws me in a ditch and I die lol.

Missing enemies: I'll check if I can find an earlier save where I have met all the enemies, before Forgotten Saga / 1.6.0 and make screenshot of the enemies in the database. That is a great idea. Compare the enemy entries before Forgotten Saga.

I have entries for: Flame-Keeper, Giant Raven, Surtr's Fury. There are also Ash-Bringer, and Brann as unique Swartalfheim enemy types and some of which I don't remember the name right now. They also have the standard ones like Berserker which has already an entry in the general enemies list.
    I don't need the enemy entries for gameplay, but if a player who is starting Dawn of Ragnarok does not get the entries they will miss out of important info and lore.

Edit: I checked with saves from mid to end of July right before 1.6.0 was installed. Each of those saves show the same 3 entries in the enemy database, even though the map was already almost completely explored each time. Unfortunately I cannot roll back to 1.5.3 and check how many database entries I had before 1.6.0 but I remember there being more. I remember reading up on each enemy after encountering them.

• Randelia

@Ubi-Verse I reloaded an earlier save and started DoR again to see what happens. I killed a giant raven and it was added to the codex. But others than that no other enemy was added. I raided 2 mylnas including the Stor Mylna which contains several Ash-Bringers. They were not added:

I remember though reading codex entries about the Ash-Bringer. Even the berserker I remember had an entry because he works differently than the normal game berserkers: he wields some fire strings around.

It looks like those enemies are no longer added to the codex. The only way to verify this is to reload 1.5.3 which I cannot do though.

I'll keep those saves and can upload them if needed.

• Ubi-Verse
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1702 posts

@Randelia Hi again, and sorry for the late reply 😊

First of all, thank you for the detailed description and the screenshots! I really appreciate it!

Thanks for trying so many things to help with the investigation 🙂

I have forwarded all the information to our development team. We will let you know once we have any news!

Thanks!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5787 posts

Hi @Randelia the development team have asked if you could confirm which point in The Forgotten Saga you reached? For example did you defeat Nidhogg?

It's possible that these entries are missing if you have not encountered the enemies yet. They have also asked if you can confirm the number value under the enemies section of the codex (e.g. 20/40) as this will help.

Official Response
  • Randelia

@Ubi-Keo I have encountered these enemies in Swartalfheim. BEFORE 1.6.0. Means before I ever set foot in the forgotten saga.

Ash-Bringers: are in every mylna I conquered.
    Berserkers: are in mostly every location in Swartalfheim.
    Brann: are in the higher locations

etc.

I don't need to go to Forgotten Saga to meet those enemies that are missing in the codex.

Niflheim status: I did 3 runs. The furthest I got was the entrance of Dokkerland. I spoke to the dwarf, and then tried to get a key in a location to the right. That is where I have died in 2 of my 3 TFS runs. The first time I died at the end of the first area. Kalstad or so.

In the test where I loaded an old save from right before 1.6.0 was installed I didn't even start Forgotten Saga. As explained above I was trying out if the enemies get added to the codex when encountering them in Swartalfheim.

The result was: they didn't get added anymore.

Enemies: my Codex shows 36 out of 40

Ash-Bringer and Brann are definitely new enemies in Swartalfheim. As far as I remember at least the Ashbringer was added to my Codex when meeting them. That was before 1.6.0. And once 1.6.0 was installed I noticed him missing.

• Ubi-oof
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1050 posts

@Randelia Thank you! I got this info and your screenshot added to the report on this issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics