ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheNorfolkian
    Original poster 1614 posts

Previously, there was a long-standing issue of level scaling only allowing one contract from Reda at regular intervals, and that thread was eventually locked. Also, there was a related issue where sometimes a Reda contract would not show up in the quest log after accepting, and that thread is still open, but it is several months old... with the most recent post being from May of 2022.

Because we have started seeing the return of older bug problems following the release of TU 1.6.0, I am creating this new thread. Recently, discussion of problems following TU 1.6.0 emerged in the dedicated thread on the problem as it emerged following TU 1.5.1, despite the topic being marked RESOLVED.

Here is a video clip showing that turning on Level Scaling literally causes accepted contracts to vanish from the quest log... the video also shows that the contracts become visible when accepting with level scaling turned off...

I would like to note that, as you can see in the video, my cloud saves are up to date.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Randelia
    365 posts

@TheNorfolkian What I think has happened is this:

Animal quests appear every 3 days.

The game has a 2 year old bug where animal quests only appear for folks with level-scaling default and under. Result: folks with level-scaling over default don't see animal quests anymore. And since those appear every 3 days those players get 1 quest less every 3 days.

At some point the developers tried to make a quick-fix for it and just switched off animal quests alltogether.

But that meant that now everybody was missing a quest every 3 days 😄

For 1.6.0 then developers took out that code piece that switched animal quests off for everybody and claimed they had fixed it.

But all they did was taking out a code that was a botched fix attempt at a 2 year old bug.

Result: it's back to the situation before the quickfix. Everybody with level-scaling over default is missing a quest every 3 days. To get the quest they have to save, turn level-scaling down, get the animal quest, do the quest, save, turn level-scaling back up, do the other quests

• Ashelsu
    66 posts

@TheNorfolkian Somebody at Ubisoft Support: "Finally a worthy opponent, our battle will be legendary!"

1. Predator quest happens every third day.
    2. Predator quest doesn't work outside England.
    3. Predator quest doesn't work when scaling is on.

How much time is needed to fix this problem? Every time I launch this game I meet a message saying how awesome and incredible is Ubisoft. Time to prove it.

• pesto.
    358 posts

I don’t get how other people are able to find more quests at other Reda locations or his friends. To me whatever Reda has at the Camo is what’s available are everywhere. There are never more quests elsewhere.

• Randelia
    365 posts

@pesto I had 1 instance in the Dawn of Ragnarok DLC with 1.6.0 where Reda himself had 1 quest less than his associates. Unfortunately I didn't do a video of it. So it is possible. Just not often. If Reda offers you 1 quest less, check level-scaling first. If over default, set to default. If not, check Reda's associates. Maybe check other realms as well. Reda himself is in each realm and has associates in the cities. Make a video.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry then and didn't remember to press the record button.

• bielik01
    1800 posts

@pesto not "more", just "other". His agents (try Wincestre or Glowecestre) will offer slightly different quests, located elsewhere than where Reda would send you. That's why I came up with this suggestion.

@Randelia the reason why you were given one quest less in Svartalfheim is described by @Ashelsu above.

• Randelia
    365 posts

@bielik01 ah that could be. The associates had the full amount of quests since they don't have animal quests. I'll watch out for that the next time.
    And I very much like your suggestion!

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Thanks for the video and thread for this too @TheNorfolkian. I've forwarded this to the game team to look into too.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian

@Ubi-Froggard I did another test with the settings, as you can see from the video below... It seems that this bug is triggered by the Nightmarish setting for Level Scaling, and when switching to another setting, the missing quest will appear. However, when switching back to the Nightmarish setting, the quest will not show up in the quest log after accepting.

• bielik01
    1800 posts

@TheNorfolkian you just captured the essence of the bug I initially reported. Great job!

• TheNorfolkian

@bielik01 The fact that I could replicate the same issue should be evidence that it’s the same old bug that was covered up by a previous update, only to be uncovered following TU 1.6.0! Have you also noticed that we are now getting a number of quests that we didn’t use to get, but in turn the Thieves’ Couple has pretty much vanished altogether?

• bielik01
    1800 posts

@TheNorfolkian that's why I think they reverted whatever they implemented with TU 1.5.1 and we're back to same old bug.

• Randelia
    365 posts

Yah, we're all saying the same: they did something, maybe even tried to fix the old bug for 1.5.1, but botched everything up further. Now they took out that botched stuff and it's back to the old bug.

• pesto.
    358 posts

For nightmare scaling you get the same quest every day too, the one for assassinating the soldier in the small river fort to the immediate right of Ravensthorpe.

Interestingly that quest is not available at any other level than nightmarish. It never comes up in the normal pool of quests.

• azullFR
    2640 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ashelsu
    66 posts

@pesto So that's what it was... I was wondering why I got this quest the first day of 1.6.0 and never after switching nigthmare scaling off.
    Still getting Bonnie and Clyde, but not every day now.

• UbiMindflayer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 169 posts

Hey Vikings, thanks for your updates! Our teams are still looking into this, and I've reported up the recent information provided. Thanks for the extra video, @TheNorfolkian! Please keep an eye out for future updates either on this thread or via News & Announcements.

Official Response

Suggested Topics