ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mars388502
    223 posts

@Megalodon-26 I love the idea. A while back, I imagined somekind of cross platform mode with a "commander" capable of divert/request semi-strategic assets (HALE drones, predator drones with GBU or Hellfire missiles, cruise missiles, AC130, ETC...)

• Megalodon-26
    334 posts

@Mars388502 That would be pretty cool. Unfortunately Ubi doesn't exactly have a good track record with their attempts at creating companion apps. But if they do manage to create one, you should also be able to access it using a virtual tablet in the game.

• Mars388502
    223 posts

@Megalodon-26 that would be the point too. Either you carry in your backpack a device to access those assets OR you team up with a friend or someone acting as a commander... but as you wrote earlier, it's something that probably won't happen, so I don't nourrish any hope for it.

• Seraphiel
    26 posts
    no PVP, More Missions and a lot longer. Mission Editor, Solo and Team based. No Stupid Science Fiction, basically stick to a Format you can fix!! Do not make easy to get all equipment, (Should be earned). And most important more Reality

I'm a bit late to this thread, but I generally agree with your very basic thoughts here. The only thing I disagree with is that I feel that a Tier One operative would go into any situation with the best gear available to them on day one - not pick up the best gear later on from some no-name enemy in a third world country. I'd want to go in with my preferred primary weapon and sidearm and ammo types for said weapons.

I feel that Ubisoft still have the capability to make a good Ghost Recon game but they have to have a strong leader helming the project who has a handle on what worked and what didn't work in Wildlands and Breakpoint and isn't just a yes man to the board. Someone who has the power to see the project through with strong community input at all stages. Hmm... I may have been smoking something but one can live in hope can't they? We're not going to get much from any other game devs any time soon.

• Megalodon-26
    334 posts

@Seraphiel See, I have no problems with pick-ups per say. You should start with a limited number of gear and weapons, but they should at least be items that would typically be used by US operators. Crye gear, Jeans and T-shirt, and weapons like the M4A1, HK416, LVAW, M110. Then as you play, you find or earn everything else.

• Seraphiel
    26 posts
    @Seraphiel See, I have no problems with pick-ups per say. You should start with a limited number of gear and weapons, but they should at least be items that would typically be used by US operators. Crye gear, Jeans and T-shirt, and weapons like the M4A1, HK416, LVAW, M110. Then as you play, you find or earn everything else.

Oh yes, I meant that you only go in with what you can carry. For me that would be one primary weapon and one sidearm plus a realistic amount of ammo for said weapons. I don't want to have a whole armoury's worth of the best gear and ammo at my disposal via a magical bag of holding (or ammo crate of holding). That goes for wearable gear as well. You go in with the best - but only what is realistic for you to be able to carry. Then you have to either get stuff shipped in (or weight limited drone delivery) or use what's available on the ground (assuming what they have on the ground is realistic to the location and time).

• Mars388502
    223 posts

@Seraphiel everything that you wrote above is exactly what I want to see: no more Mary Poppins bag armoury, a real inventory that goes hand in hand with a plate carrier/chest rig configurator and eventually a backpack that CAN'T hold every single item in the game.

• ArgimonEd
    193 posts

@Megalodon-26 I would love to see something like this, but I have my suspicious that they will miss the mark again

Suggested Topics