ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 118 posts

So. I wanted to talk about stealth and mêlee in this game for a long time but do to how "touchy" (You get it? You get it? Ah you got it.) the subject is I've been keeping my thoughts on it to myself (mostly). But I feel like I should share my thoughts on it to see how others feel about it.

Let's talk stealth first.

I wanted to talk about stealth first. Now the problem starts basicelly just at the mention of stealth. Because there is none. Enemies are able to detect you from very far away and behind cover. Either through vision or noise.
    I feel like players should be able to sneak up on enemies easier if they slowly walk near them. Also, what's the deal with silencers. I feel like if I kill an enemy fast enough with a silent weapon it shouldent alert them (unless they see them being shot ofcourse).

Now onto mêlee.

Now unlike stealth, mêlee does exist in the division. And it is completely useless. Now I want to make clear I don't want to go Jackie Chan on the enemies. But I'd like mêlee to be a bit more usefull. Like how when a enemy mêlee's a player. I also want to go back a little and talk about how mêlee can be used for a stealth mechanic. But why try to explain when I can use massive's own footage to show you

I would very much like to hear your thoughts on this. Do you agree, disagree and why so?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• suschunga
    611 posts

Not going to happen

• rashbak101
    114 posts

I wouldn't mind silencer mods and the ability to knife kill added to my agent's sauce!

• xcel30
    982 posts

Hard to make stealth in a game where enemies can eat entire magazines in their head, as far as i know you can one hit kill one enemy if you melee them from the back without being spotted but as mentioned above that instantly warns the rest of the group.

In games likes these "stealth" is a tricky thing to balance since one hit kills can break the game and make the rules and balance moot, so what most of hte time happens is giving you a bonus to hitting an unaware enemy or changing stealth to aggro pretty much. I wouldn't mind more mechancis that lets you play around with enemy aggro making him target other things or even froget you where there, the decoy skill and mantis are good example of that, i still think that we need something like a taunt if you have a shield to draw aggro instaed and let other people who are playing with snipers have more breahting room to aim for headshots a bit easier or create some talents that play around with aggro and so on.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@gamecrusher447

you are basically looking for a different Division game like me, one with realistic tactical gameplay, more like Ghost Recon. I agree with that.

In case they would work on a Division 3 in future that would not happen I assume. Division 2 went already into the other direction compared to Division 1.

But perhaps we will be lucky and the next Ghost Recon will get the looks of Division and the realism of Wildlands and the variety of Read Dead Redemption 2 😊

• SuspiciousPixel
    587 posts

I remember talking with one of the animation devs a few years ago when he used to stream on Twitch and he said maybe one day after I leave Ubisoft I can tell you the reasons why most of our concepts were scrapped but iirc pretty much what Thylander said is why we don't have stealth. He doesn't stream on Twitch now so I don't have his clips anymore, think they expired.

Suggested Topics