ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mickey157
    Original poster 32 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 nice! really which one?

• TheNorfolkian
    1593 posts

@Mickey157 Assassin’s Creed Unity... also, the Dead Kings expansion.

@SpirantCrayon22 I always felt they should have had another expansion for Unity that jumps ahead to when Bonaparte is emperor... after all, since AC2 it has been implied that he eventually did get his hands on an Apple of Eden. It would make sense to have Arno disarm him of the artifact so that he couldn’t continue to influence his troops... which would result in his abdication at Fontainebleau and exile to Elba.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 32 posts

@TheNorfolkian thanks for letting me know I will need to try it out sounds decent. Now I’m not sure what next AC to play😂

• TheNorfolkian
    1593 posts

@Mickey157 If you have the time and the money to get them all, it’s best to go in order so that you can not only get the full story, but experience the evolution of the series.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 32 posts

@TheNorfolkian I’m downloading unity and black flag the now as they are free on the PlayStation subscription including the dead kings expansion there’s also another free one that I can’t remember and I own odyssey and rogue not willing to spend much more as just bought the expansions for Valhalla. maybe I will get origins. so trying to figure it the best way to do it.

• TheNorfolkian
    1593 posts

@Mickey157 Definitely play Black Flag first... it’s the big AC game that really popularized the franchise on a global scale more than any game before it. It also has one of the more interesting and entertaining storylines of the series.

• longjohn119
    1278 posts
    @Mickey157 ah, right, I get the Viking mythology stuff, it's the Isu story behind it that confuses me

It kind of confuses me too and I've played both Origins and Odyssey including the DLCs multiple times ..... Odyssey by far tells the Izu backstory the best especially the Fate of Atlantis DLC which has loads of background information if you pay attention and read everything you come across. There seems to be a huge disconnect in the story between Odyssey and Valhalla almost like they are telling two different Izu back lore stories

• longjohn119
    1278 posts

@TheNorfolkian I was just thinking last night after playing some Origins as to why I rank Odyssey as my favorite and Black Flag second and then Origins as third. What makes both Odyssey and Black Flag stand apart from the rest are the extra characters many of whom are memorable and based (loosely) on real historical people. In Black Flag you have Blackbeard, Mary Read, Ann Bonney, Calico Jack, Stede Bonnet, Charles Vane, Ben Hornigold plus fictional characters like Adewalde all of which have fleshed out personalities. In Odyssey you have Herodotos, Hippokrates. Alkibiade, Kleon, Brasidas, Aspacia, Aristophanes etc. along with fictional characters like Barnabas and Kyra all of which have fleshed out presonalities. That was missing in both Origins and Valhalla at least to the degree of Black Flag and Odyssey.

The Ezio Trilogy also has some good characters but the the janky controls in those games always impeded my enjoyment of them, especially the pull a trigger to run and the auto-climb anything you accidently bump into just ruins the enjoyment. While Black Flag suffers from that also since you spend a lot of time on your ship which does control well so it's not nearly as annoying

• Mickey157
    Original poster 32 posts

@TheNorfolkian thanks for the free advice bro will definitely look into them all more. Still got some things to do in Valhalla and I like the open world style of odyssey and Valhalla. So I think black flag will be a good shout 👍

• SpirantCrayon22
    2067 posts

@Mickey157 as mentioned, AC Unity but if you have the impression that Valhalla is buggy . . . well, I played it after it had stopped being supported and it wasn't too bad but did weird things - good story, I liked it, Siege of Paris links to it, maybe in a Unity DLC but it's there

• Mickey157
    Original poster 32 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 going to try it out I’m downloading it now it wasn’t so much that it Valhalla was buggy there was just a few instances of weird behaviour like You said I seen one npc floating in a town in England but reloaded it and it was fine but the story and scenery well makes up for that it’s still one of favourite games.

Suggested Topics