ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

Just completed Eivors saga and I’m just sad I can’t continue the main story. I absolutely loved the game couldn’t stop playing it. Just doing some of the side missions the now. One of the best games I have played in years despite a few minor bugs I suppose these are overlooked when new to a game. Please give us more Eivor story in England would be nice to open up Scotland too partially. The story was so good I think it would make an awesome tv series can’t wait for future content. In the meantime I have odyssey to explore.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    1097 posts

@Mickey157 Nice to have some positiveness. 🙂
    Yeah, Odyssey is precisely what I would have suggested to you as follow up. Your thoughts on that will be interesting - most people prefer Odyssey over Valhalla, but they have played it first of course.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@Kormac67 I’m all for praise when it’s due. I spent so much time just looking at sunsets and amazing views. 😊I’m just a sucker for Viking stories the good thing now is I like assassins creed games so I have a large universe to explore. as an outsider and this might annoy hardcore fans but I would prefer if it was just a Viking story and none of this jumping forward in time it felt a pain to come away from the main story to jump around invisible blocks I would have just preferred the Eivor story and if they had to have those as cutscenes. But I don’t mind if the main story is good I’m looking forward to acquiring wraith of the druids then Paris. So I have odyssey and I also own rogue remastered might do odyssey then rogue.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@Polyedra yeah it was sometimes annoying but as long as we can spear npcs threw the face then who cares😂 yesterday I just wandered around the forest in mourning😂 that eivors story was finished. Does anyone know if the season pass gives access to the two extensions Paris and Ireland?

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • TheNorfolkian
    1627 posts

@Mickey157 I think that if the developers didn’t take the game into the direction it’s going now, where it’s just pure fantasy adaptations of Norse mythology, it would have been very cool to see more of the earthly geography, like Scotland as you mentioned.

Edit: As per your inquiry, the season pass does give access to the Ireland and Paris expansions.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@TheNorfolkian Thank you!! going to purchase this as soon as possible trying to find a discount code somewhere. yeah I would have liked to have seen Scotland as it’s were I am from. looking forward to seeing what they did with Ireland as my ancestors was originally from there.

• TheNorfolkian
    1627 posts

@Mickey157 Well, there is some free content where you can go to the Isle of Skye, so there is a touch of Scotland in the game.

• AnimusLover
    313 posts

It's always nice reading thoughts from those who are new to the series and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Let us know your thoughts on Odyssey.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@TheNorfolkian yeah I completely forgot about that I visited Isle of Skye early on in the game and never went back so will need to go there. also I want to visit Vinland and Norway again as just kind of followed the main story but now I wish I took my time and explored more. I will slow down a wee bit in future content/games.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2093 posts

I've done all this the wrong way around. I've got a stupid amount of time in Valhalla - really enjoyed it and still looking forward to the remainder. Very little has actually been a problem (not nothing - but not a lot).

Now I'm ploughing through Origins. If it helps, that's on Xbox Game Pass at the moment. Very good and so far I'm finding Bayek is even less subtle than Eivor, which is quite something. Might be some general differences that I haven't quite encompassed in my thinking. Very very good again.

I have not even opened Odyssey but that'll follow, interested to see how that works.

The only real issue I have is I found it very hard to work out exactly what went on in the Isu era. We can't hear the audio of the full video of the animus glitches - apparently that's how it's supposed to be which is utterly bizarre - but actually I don't think it'll help. Why does Loki call Odin mad? What did each do to the other's children? Ezio's voice appears at one point in Jotunheim - why? I don't have the patience to watch millions of YouTube videos, be nice if there was something written down. So, returning to finding it hard to work out the Isu stories, I expect I'll get even more confused by the time I've done Origins and then still more confused after Odyssey!

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@AnimusLover I will get around to odyssey as bought the gold edition so have some extra weapons and things as I did start it and the game looked amazing but I’m still not ready to leave the Viking world 😂.

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 yeah I can’t wait for origins either but that’s far off. I’m on ps5 but I’m sure there’s lots of the older assassins creed games on the ps subscription as well emm What I do know is Loki killed Odins favourite son baldr with mistletoe the only thing that could harm him according to the myth not sure if it will be the same in the game.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2093 posts

@Mickey157 ah, right, I get the Viking mythology stuff, it's the Isu story behind it that confuses me

• Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 sorry it confuses me as well as not played all the games I’m not even sure what the isu is 😂 I also haven’t done many of the Valhalla missions I just completed the main missions and pacified England.

• TheNorfolkian
    1627 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 Your confusion is totally understandable here...

The only real issue I have is I found it very hard to work out exactly what went on in the Isu era. We can't hear the audio of the full video of the animus glitches - apparently that's how it's supposed to be which is utterly bizarre - but actually I don't think it'll help. Why does Loki call Odin mad? What did each do to the other's children? Ezio's voice appears at one point in Jotunheim - why? I don't have the patience to watch millions of YouTube videos, be nice if there was something written down. So, returning to finding it hard to work out the Isu stories, I expect I'll get even more confused by the time I've done Origins and then still more confused after Odyssey!

So, I thought Valhalla was going to be a big conclusion that tied up everything and would connect the mythological legacies we experienced in Origins and Odyssey... but instead it went on its own separate path and created a whole bunch of new stuff that makes everything even more confusing and ridiculous. Above all, the little moment with Ezio’s voice makes everything even more convoluted because...
    spoiler

Anyway, the more that Ubisoft makes cross-cultural references between different mythologies and a root civilization of beings who came before humanity, the more screwed up this franchise will get. I mean, I always thought they ruined it from the start by using the names of Roman deities since much of the Roman pantheon is adapted from the Greek pantheon... which ‘came before’ (LOL).

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mickey157
    Original poster 33 posts

Just completed the two expansions main story’s enjoyed both of them. Personally my favourite was wraith of the druids. Still got a lot of exploring to do in France tho. While In France I thought it would be interesting to see an assassins creed game with Napoleon Bonaparte.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2093 posts

@Mickey157 there IS an AC game with Boney!

Suggested Topics