ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Randelia
    Original poster 431 posts

With Dawn of Ragnarok's introduction of divine gear upgrade level it's nearly impossible to collect enough material to upgrade all the gear in your inventory. If you're like me and want to change weapons / outfits frequently and want to have everything up to full stacks for best power you scrounge around each time you get a new skill level to buy up all ore / leather / titanium you can get.

The stores in Norway / England / Ireland / Isle of Skye and now also Swartalfheim are linked. Means they share their wares. If you buy all the leather from 1 store all the other stores have no more leather either. Just Francia is independent. Their stores are only linked with the other stores in Francia, not with the stores also in the other realms.

Since the additional 3 stacks in divine level come with Dawn of Ragnarok the stores there should also be independent. And maybe also offer a bit more leather and ore to purchase.

Hence my request to make the stores of Swartalfheim independent from the other realms.

Then we would have more stuff we can buy each time we level up.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 426 posts

Hello @Randelia !

Thanks for the feedback! As a completionist who likes to collect and upgrade weapons, I agree that things can get a bit difficult while trying to max out multiple gear pieces at the same time. I've forwarded your idea to development so that they can look into it and see if it's possible to introduce it to the game, thanks again! 😊

Official Response
  • A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Randelia

@Polyedra I stumbled over this info on Reddit when starting Francia lol 😄 I downgrade, too, but I always use all my weapons and only downgrade armors. I picked up so many armors whose perks mean I will never use them. Only maybe for transmog. Downgrading armor give you loads of .... leather and for upgrading weapons I need loads of .... ore 😄 so an additional independent store would be awesome.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Randelia

@Polyedra I'm always opal broke: saving up for the next interesting weapon in Reda's store or mount. And silver broke too ...

silver: you can shoot fishies / turtles in Francia where you cross the river into Melun not far from your starting point when fasttraveling there. Afterwards replenish your arrows from Pierre at the Resistance post. Another place to get fishies is right next to the Resistance post at Sigfred's camp near Paris. At the Resistance posts arrows don't cost silver. I did that for a long time until I discovered another way in Ireland to gain silver spoiler Once you are ready to start Ireland read this spoiler info 🙂

@SpirantCrayon22 also kindly posted that Glowecestre (city in Glowecestrescire) has a lot of stuff to loot you can sell for silver. I can't find his post right now to link to it.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2297 posts

@Randelia thanks for the mention - unbelievably I saw it pop up on the screen because I was in this thread about to respond!

yes, Gloucester, if you are thorough there are so many of the baskets and so on that they start respawning before you can finish collecting them all it's a friendly place (apart from one area), they are all over the place; in the river near the "T-junction", in a lot of the houses, around the longhouse, there are loads of them - also you can assassinate all the friendly guards for more silver/trinkets and XP, they sometimes drop runes (maybe even great ones), and there are regular patrols with crafting materials passing through

other things - river raids are pretty good and about the best source of diamond runes, get Eivor to assassinate all enemies on the map then raid the locations one by one - takes a while but you get a lot that way

yes, Ireland is good

but the best I found was Svartalfheim, the place threw silver at me, I increased from about 200k to 300k in the time it took to do the stuff there, think it was the drops of magical essence from the bad guys that did it - but that's been nerfed has it?

• Randelia

@SpirantCrayon22 Exactly: the drops from the bad guys which you need to upgrade your Swartalfheim gimmick (don't want to spoil it for others) now give less silver. I found that out the hard way 😄 lol

Glowecestre is a great place for everything silver, tungsten ingots and any kind of weekly challenge assassinations. There are so many guards coming through that North city gate you just can sit on top of it and assassinate them one by one. And often you get an ingot as well! I love that city 😄

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Randelia

@Polyedra Exactly: Ireland collecting. I go there regularly and pick it up. Then back to whatever else I was doing. Then when the next level up comes I sell the stuff I picked up. That plus the trinkets pays for the ore/leather in Francia and elsewhere. If not I go fishing in Melun for turtles etc.

Luxury runes: I always get those, too 🙂 and put them in those weapons piling up in my inventory. I am always trying to have my favorites ready to use with full stacks and runes. Plus the ones I am trying out, and the ones I am working on upgrading etc. 😄

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Randelia

@Polyedra Arena: I finally gave in and am now setting difficulty down to Default or Constant. It is too taxing and my hands hurt afterwards otherwise. If you set it to Default you should also be able to do some quests without the double spears. Some of the quests are less taxing than the others. E.g. the ones not involving lava, and not the daughters of Lerion.

• Randelia

@Polyedra Here is how I shoot those fishies with the bow. PC + PS4 Dualshock 4 controller.

1) I need to have Aim Assist set on FULL. Go to the Options menu. There you can set it.
    2) Aim assist is broken. So I do the following:

if SWIMMING: hold bow so arrow will go directly above the surface. Press Odin's sight. Hold bow in the direction of the fishies. Then pull the string. That will then target a fishy most of the time. Shoot only if you see the aim assist has indeed targeted a fish / turtle.

if STANDING: hold bow towards the fishies. Then the same as above.

You also can move around. I press L3 for sprinting when standing / walking or for fast swimming.
    But be aware that the game crashes more likely during that activity due to fast camera movements. So save often.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2297 posts

Not sure I realised that France's shops weren't linked, thanks for the reminder.

I only keep enough runes to totally fill all slots (round, 14 armour and 6 weapon, 1 diamond, never used the stellated octagons). I don't change kit often, though. Do the load-outs remember the rune selection?

I believe you can blow fish up with those oil grenades but don't remember ever doing it. The fishing I did was ages ago, naked with Gungnir and speed runes mashing RB. That got nerfed, though. I still find the normal fishing okay, apart from the missing fish I never had a particular problem with it and the big fish are worth some silver.

Gloucester is good for easy XP - assassinate the "big" guards (yellow stun bar) and either chain assassinate the nearby one or lure one away from the other. Winchester is also pretty good, though it's hostile it's easy enough to move around and assassinate and there are a fair few "big" guys and that's a reasonable place to get diamond runes.

300,000 silver was easier with the +50% buff that I bought (I was less interested in that, more interested in the weapons).

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics