ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oatiecrumble
    Original poster 755 posts

Match 1:

• Group SHD around 2k each on average
    • Group buffs pretty much standard
    • TTK an enemy: 2 mags from me (tanky as hell and they hit like a truck)
    • Countermeasures:

Match 2:

• Group SHD around 2k each on average
    • Group buffs pretty much standard
    • TTK an enemy: 1/2 of a mag from me (melted them in seconds, did almost zero damage to me)
    • Countermeasures:

I used the same build on both runs, the difference was absolutely huge.

NOTE: This is based on me one on one face too face with a enemy of the same type/faction with just me shooting at him/her.

Makes zero sense.

p.s The header is not a typo.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SuspiciousPixel
    523 posts

@Oatiecrumble There's so many passive, active and team buffs that it can affect TTK but not by the amount you experienced. Maybe there was a cheater in the group, I've come across a few of them in this game mode. Another possible reason may just be server lag, which is the most plausible culprit in Countdown.

• Oatiecrumble

@SuspiciousPixel i'm 99% sure passives and team buffs is not the cause, i also don't think it's a cheater, not sure you can cheat on console unless I'm missing something.

I really do think countdown cannot decide on a difficulty, it goes from hard difficulty to some kind of tougher heroic difficulty....the difference is huge.

The problem it causes is if i play and use my Hunters Fury build with SMG and it turns out to be the tougher heroic difficulty my SMG hits like a feather so i have to switch to my AR build and keep a distance as they hit like a truck and have excessive armor.

I have mentioned this in a post before but it's way more noticeable now over the last week.

I mean a fully god rolled build (good synergy) with 20 expertise on weapons taking two mags to kill a basic enemy is way off, then play another match and the enemy dies from half of a mag.

As for server lag.....maybe but it never happens anywhere else.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

@Oatiecrumble I know you run on a console, but does that mean everyone does?

• Oatiecrumble
    @Oatiecrumble I know you run on a console, but does that mean everyone does?

Not to sure what you mean, there is no cross platform.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

@Oatiecrumble I meant the other players - are they limited to console? I thought the other players could be on any platform.
    Where I am going with this is, the other players could be having cheats and those are affecting the group not just the individual player.

• Oatiecrumble

@Gabriel-Knight all players are on Xbox.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    625 posts

I did not recognize such damage differences in Countdown, played it few times only, but several times I had the impression of damage differences in open world. Recently I went into the darkzones for farming darkzone exclusive items for the Expertise thing, used my usual full red dps build and was struggling to get the NPCs in the landmarks down. Was playing solo. The next day it was as easy as before. With this build a yellow NPC is down with one mag. The day before I had to reload and that in multiple situations.

But perhaps it’s a false impression and I was simply bad at aiming at that day … not enough chocolate 😊.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

I too have noticed a difference on damage, but I have only played countdown once, because I prefer to play hardcore and thus the disconnect. I have noticed at times that the bullet sponges are way stronger than normal. Now I am beginning to think its another batch of server issues. I have seen this multiple times with the latest 😮 update. Drop a turret? If it never appears, its a server error. If it appears 5-10 seconds later its a server error. have an optical zoom on a weapon that changes your viewpoint? when you activate it, if nothing happens its a server error. Div 2 is way too dedicated to the server environment. Last year in September I believe a number of D2 servers were retasked to Far Cry 6 and I don't believe they have ever been replaced. I suspect the last 😮 update was supposed to lessen the server dependence, but actually seemed to make things worse. This is why there are people saying equipment got nerfed.

• Whiskytex
    75 posts
    @Oatiecrumble There's so many passive, active and team buffs that it can affect TTK but not by the amount you experienced. Maybe there was a cheater in the group, I've come across a few of them in this game mode. Another possible reason may just be server lag, which is the most plausible culprit in Countdown.

I've thought the same, as I've seen the same thing the OP has many times. Problem is I've seen this while running with the clan, with no one changing builds, and no one cheating or they'd be gone from said clan. Server issue maybe, but I doubt it as I'd expect to see other issues as well.

Something is either bugged some runs, or there's stuff going on with damage numbers that hasn't been explained, IMO. Who knows.

• Oatiecrumble

@Whiskytex So it's not my imagination, there deffo is a problem, what i don't know.....the difference is huge and quite shocking tbh.

• echolecter
    351 posts

Sounds like the session issue of TD1. If you're part of a group started by another player you could after everyone left, start a new mission and match make again. The next play through will be handled as 4+ players and it creates a tough challenge. Not sure this is possible with the mode but might be what's happening, either with or without a session issue. There also is that directives problem where you adopt settings from other players when leaving their session, and need to re-apply that you don't like using them.

• Gabriel.Knight
    276 posts

@Oatiecrumble Wow! I just got a big education. I thought crossplay was allowed. I read somewhere it was allowed and I now see that people have been using the same term to apply to different aspects of the game. (for example, I'm not liking Dev's using the term hardcore to refer to players that are very into the game -- I see hardcore as being a play-style based on a character creation) To get back to the point: Crossplay differences - I own TD2 for the PC. I KNOW I can buy TD for say the XBox AND I can play my PC characters on the XBox. What I didn't know was that Crossplay also refers to a universe where XBoxers and PSers and PCers can play and intermingle. This does not happen in TD2. So now I can say for sure that TD2 relies entirely too much on their servers. After all, if I have a server farm for PCs and I have a server farm for XBers and a third one for PSers. We are talking about a lot of servers. I can understand the corporate decision now to pull a lot of servers from TD2. Its doesn't make me accept that fact, instead its makes me kind of upset that they designed it that way from the get-go. One more time, the adage, TD2 is just too massive for Massive is justified.

• Oatiecrumble

Well i don't know what is going on, before the latest update when i played CD there was around a 80% chance to win, now it's gone down to around a 40% chance to win, they are as tanky as hell and hit like a truck.

Something has changed, just don't know what.

The difficulty is all over the place.

Just played with this build for the fun of it and they rinsed that 80% PFE:

• ShrewdGaming
    34 posts

@Oatiecrumble Happens to me too. One run and I'm melting everything, next run I'm reloading over and over on a single npc. I just figured it was team buffs but the thought of Countdown adjusting difficulty on each run also crossed my mind.

Anyone notice regular agents And Hardcore agents can play countdown together? There's been a couple runs where I seen the agent Hardcore symbol.

• Oatiecrumble

@RedSaberSam what platform do you play on, just trying to narrow it down what it could be....also that is interesting that hardcore players are in there, maybe it changes difficulty when they join, never noticed them myself, will keep a eye out for them now on to see if anything changes drastically when they are in and not in there.

• Oatiecrumble

Found my counteract for this problem, not ideal but it works no matter how the difficulty changes, just a shame it has come to this.

Suggested Topics