ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dan.Aven
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello all,

I wanted to play trough the older AC games again and they don't work anymore.
    When I try to launch any of the older games, Ubisoft Connects seems to launch them, it goes though the cloud synchronization screen and for Unity and Syndicate there appears their logo artwork after that normally would start the game. Instead it just disappears (also the respective process in the task manager) and in Ubisoft Connect the Button for launching the respective game goes back to clickable.

I tried verify game files, re-installing these games (on different drives, the same where Ubisoft connect is located and different ones), re-installing Ubisoft Connect, checked my drivers and updated them if needed (also Windows), tried launching them in compatibility mode (with and without disabling full screen optimization), tried re-installing the accompanied DirectX and VCredist versions and also tried many other steps (like disabling HDR, setting different screen resolutions, limited the processor-count by disabling some cores below 20, 12 and even 4). Nothing worked here.

Only once for a second I got past the loading artwork for AC Unity and a game window opened and I got sound and a very stuttery video of the first intro video (but did not got into the main menu, it crashed nearly immediately). On trying to start Unity multiple times I also got prompted sometimes to enter my password again, really strange. When starting from the desktop-shortcut I also get prompted to enter my activation code (also the same for Black Flag) despite it don't askes me this when launching from Ubisoft Connect.

I also tried both AC 3 versions, the old one and the Remastered version and none worked. I played a significant part trough the remastered version last year just fine...

So the original Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3 (Remastered and the old one), Assassin's Creed Liberation Remastered, Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Rouge and Assassin's Creed Syndicate all won't launch past the (successful) cloud synchronization screen.

All newer games like AC Origins, Odyssee, Valhalla but also other games like Anno 1800, Ghost Recon Wildlands just working fine.

The funny thing is that I launched some of these games last year (around march/april) to check them out after upgrading my PC to it's current system stats and all worked fine. So what happend in this year? It is really frustrating.

Here are my current system specs:
    Windows 11 Home
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 3701 MHz, 12 cores
    RTX 3090
    128GB DDR4 Ram

I've already made a dxdiag-file which I can provide if needed.

Oh and when I try to install any of the mentioned games on my 6 year old Laptop with an i7 Processor and GTX 1060, but also with Windows 11 Home they are working just fine.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to play these beloved games again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SBPGT
    1 posts

I've been having the same problem for years, before and after hardware upgrades. Just stopped being able to launch them. Never found a solution.

• Ubi-Verse
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1249 posts

Hi guys and welcome to the forums 😊

I am sorry to read that you cannot launch the Assassin's Creed games any longer!

Could you please make sure that you have the latest update of Ubisoft Connect installed?

Please also run both the launcher and the game in question with admin rights.

Let me know whether that helps 🙂

Official Response
  • itsMennoB
    2 posts

@Dan-Aven I have the exact same issue, did you find a fix for this?

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1336 posts

@itsMennoB Hey there, just wanted to confirm that I have responded to your other thread about this issue. Please take a look when you get the chance 🙂

Official Response
  • Dan.Aven
    Original poster 3 posts

@Ubi-Verse HEy, Thank you for reaching out, I just got some time to go back into this.

Sadly this has not worked 😞

• Dan.Aven
    Original poster 3 posts

@itsMennoB sadly not. Did you?
    They are working just fine on my 5 year old HP laptop, only difference between both systems are, that the laptop has an Intel-CPU and my desktop has an AMD one. Idk if this could be the reason?

• AlePlay
    742 posts

@Ubi-Verse

I remember having this problem months ago, in my case it happened only if I checked in the options of the executable, to ALWAYS start them as administrator ...
    which is the opposite of what he just recommended
    I'm sorry..

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3900 posts

Hello @Dan-Aven, as this issue launching the older games has been affecting you for some time, I have opened a new private support ticket for you now and you should receive an email invite from us soon.

You can view your case, add a comment, or files to your support case, anytime, by clicking on this link here > https://www.ubisoft.com/help/cases

We will do our best to help you with this issue with 1-to-1 support, instead of over our public forums, so we will lock this thread.

Please make sure to send us the requested information detailed in the email you will receive, using the link above to our website, it will allow us to go through a checklist of things that may allow you to play these games once more. Thanks again for your patience whilst we look into this issue further for you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics