ubisoft discussions

quick-suggestions

• topic_unsolved PB run wasnt saved to leaderboard in time

0 likes/13 replies/3400 views
    d-NickName
    Original poster ubisoft:x-posts, 10

hey a weird thing happened to me:

i hunted TOTD and set a PB an hour before the new TOTD came out
    nothing was unusual, and i took a little break going afk... then couple of minutes before new TOTD came out, i noticed that on the TOTD maps menu, it shows my previous time, so i entered the map to make sure, and indeed i saw that my personal best time on the medals plugin, showed the actual PB and the leaderboard showed my previous time.

after the registration for the new COTD ended, i checked back the previous TOTD, and saw that my latest PB was not saved. then couple of minutes later i saw it got updated as if i did the PB run at that exact moment...

i have a picture showing my latest PB time, that was taken before what it says on tm.io... and i have the replay file that was created before TOTD ended...

i have hunted for hours trying to get that PB before TOTD ended, and the feeling it was for nothing really hurt..

i understood in some cases there were records being removred from TOTD leaderboard, so i wonder if there is anything that can be done about my lose.. if i can provide the evidence i drove that time before TOTD ended...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5495

Hey there @d-NickName ,

While unfortunately there's nothing we can in do in regards to changing times / leaderboards to re-add you, we'd like to look into what lead up to this to begin with.

While going afk did your PC go to sleep at all / did you disconnect from the game's servers?

And any examples you can share of the times being different would also be appreciated.

Thank you!

official-response
  • d-NickName

@Ubi-TheBerry it happened again just now...

luckily i quit the game disconneted from uplay and conneted again and had to go inside the map again for the time to be regsiterd in tm.io

it says my time was done few seconds ago when i actually did it half an hour ago

this time i kept playing and i dont understand how can i play on server which means im connected, but the time doesnt get registered and i need to disconnect and reconnect :(...

i will post the photos after cup

• d-NickName

my timezone is utc+3, meaning for me TOTD starts at 8:00pm

here is a picture of me sending a picture of my PB time registered on medal plugin, but not on leaderboard, 2 minutes before i entered the map again, right after cotd registration ended - which only then after entering the map again, the time got updated on tm.io..
    so also a picture of tm.io showing my time was registered at 8:18, while i send a picture with that time at 8:16

and a picture of the autosaved replay being created at 19:07 my time (18:07 game time)...

i'll point out that at the moment i got the PB, the leaderboard showed the correct time, after that i quit the map, and couple of minutes before new totd started, i noticed that on the totd menu, it shows my previous time on the map.. then i entered the map and saw that leaderboard showing my previous time back and not my latest PB, so i took the photo (the one i later sent to a friend to show that my time wasnt saved) and quit the map again, to enter new cotd server... after cotd registration ended i went back to totd menu to check the time on the previous map, and saw its still shows my previous time. i checked on tm.io again and it also still showed my previous time.
    then i entered the map again, then i refreshed tm.io, then it registered my time, saying it was driven at 7:18pm game time..

at the time between i did the PB and the time i checked back, i was afk while game in play menu or inside totd server..

• d-NickName

@Ubi-TheBerry
    hey 🙂 well... thanks for earlier reply..
    ive notcived others report on similiar problem - local internet has no issues, yet on your end, times arent being unpdated to leaderboard...
    i saw you guys are checking into it, but i didnt see if you reached any conclution and reached out back to the players who have encounterd that problem...

i have couple of ideas that might help with this issue...
    can we communicate directly instead of through posts?

• Ubi-Perseids
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 1157

@d-NickName Hey! This issue with PB times not being saved/updated on the leaderboards has been reported to the team, and they are investigating. To help with their investigation, the team did want us to gather a few things. First, are you able to provide a video with the whole playthrough including before entering the map? If you are able to, please upload the video to a website like YouTube or Google Drive (making sure it's set to public or unlisted) and share the link with us here. Also, would you be able to provide a screenshot showing the network settings in-game?

Thank you for the help!

official-response
  • d-NickName

@Ubi-Perseids hello, thanks for reply!
    please address my question about 🙂 - can we communiocate directly?
    to solve this issue, we need to understand what each other wants, since i have couple of questions regarding what you asked me - for example you say "share the link with us here" - is there a way to share somthing privatly and not "here" in public?

can we please communicate propely about this issue instead of through posts?

thank you

• Ubi-Perseids

@d-NickName Apologies for any confusion! If you'd like to communicate directly with the Support team you can contact us through the links below.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks!

official-response
  • Ubi-Perseids
    post_is_deleted
    official-response
  • d-NickName

@Ubi-Perseids
    ok thank you 🙂
    i will try to contact support directly.
    it happened again, so i was able to make a video that will maybe help to demonstrate more...
    thanks again!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 5495

No problem @d-NickName , you know where we are if there's anything else we can help with here.

Thank you!

official-response
  • Harest_
    ubisoft:x-posts, 1

I don't play much nowadays, yet i encountered a similar bug where my record didn't save. I contacted the support as asked slightly above.

For the context: I played the COTD on the new Supra map, everything went well. Then i wanted to check out the previous Supra map from 2 weeks ago. I played it a bit in solo, was close to the gold so i played a bit more, ended with a 1:02.668 after a few tries, good enough to me. It showed me a world ranking while in the map between 1100-1200. I exited the map and in the menu it was blank, like i didn't play the map. I reopened the map to check, and same, no record displayed in the left small menu, gone.

I know the rankings are differents, yet your records on older TOTD are still supposed to be saved, there's just a 24h snapshot leaderboard, and a global one afaik. The 24h one being just there for the trophy rewards.

Last time i remember some issues with records like that was at a campaign release, 1st and/or 2nd one, so it's weird to still see such thing. Hopefully the cause will be found. I'll report back if yes.

Update: I've some news on it but on my part only atm, i'm still unsure why i wasn't able to see my time yesterday when i restarted the map. First i saw today my time was on Trackmania.io, after seeing that the global ranking is on a separated page. Seeing this, and seeing the support with a first answer to my ticket i decided to launch the game (to prepare an answer to the support) and check if my time was there in the records once i launched the map, it was the case.
    What i discovered too, is that the UI is very misleading regarding the 24h and global rankings. In the TOTD UI, except for the medals one, you won't see your time if it was done outside the 24h period. So that's why i didn't see my time in the menu yesterday, it doesn't show in the department/region/... tab and the club one. I wasn't aware of this. Still it doesn't explain why my time disappeared from the small records UI on the left when you play a map by restarting the map. I feel like this UI can either display the 24h ranking and the global one, and somehow it displayed the 24h one when i restarted the map. This might be reproducible. Only thing i did before was to participate in the COTD. I'll try in the next days to reproduce the issue without COTD ideally, playing for the first time a TOTD older than 24h, recording it and i'll see how it goes.

• Ubi-Deta
    Ubisoft Support Staff ubisoft:x-posts, 809

Hey @Harest_! Thank you for the detailed update.

Just to make sure the info needs all places it needs to, could you please also include this in the Support Ticket you've mentioned earlier, if you haven't yet?

Thanks a bunch in advance!

official-response

Suggested Topics