ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RaciaIAdhesive
    Original poster 1 posts

Wouldn't object to having our watches reset each season. Not our SHD levels, but our upgrades.

1. We'd always having something to grind.
    2. Gives balance towards new players.
      1. New players coming in are down 40% weapon damage out the gate for those who have maxed watch and expertise.

What do you boys think?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive Bump. Accidently posted this on an old account.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive

I definately don’t want to grind again

we don’t need more grind to million times play the same thing. What we need is playable content which is unchanged since WoNY apart from Countdown and a bit changed manhunt set up for very limited playtime.

• ArthurFriend
    174 posts

We do always have something to grind. Expertise gives us enough to grind for. Sure, some people cheat their way up on floor 10, but that's no reason to not so see expertise as what it is meant to be.

Instead of adding another grind to repeatedly bring you to a point where you have already been before they should just fix damn floor 10 to make expertise a worthy long term task.

• the_Kettle
    340 posts

Having to regularly rebuild all my crit-based builds around a fluctuating crit chance bonus would be annoying, same for hazpro.

How about a series of rewards for reaching set tiers of shepherd ranks? Since that resets every season anyway, it would give a regular grind option as well as encouraging more helpful gameplay.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@the_Kettle How is level 20 expertise not worth it long term now?

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    410 posts

@ArthurFriend Not that we already having something to grind now, but new players coming in are at in extreme disadvantage. From my perception, resetting watch skills, both levels out gaps, but also isn't a huge impact to builds we're running now. Personally wouldn't mind such change or seeing something that gets reset every season that has player impact that isn't Shepard rank or season leveling.

With expertise system in the game, I just see a watch skill reset every season to be a great middle ground, it's not too severe on builds, but still closes the gap for new players. Overall, I think it should be considered.

• I3eard_of_War
    549 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive
    Nah, we good...

• rashbak101
    114 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive
    I would object.
    Old players were once new players and got to where they are over time.
    Cheers
    P.S. "girls" play this game too!

• Arwoonskell
    123 posts

Hi RaciaIAdhesive !

This game is built on a backbone of farming, grinding and RNG, so there is no need to add more. These three components are already boring enough. What you're advocating would make all players, old and new, complete Sisyphus (which we already are in part). We all went through this long and arduous path to the relative power that we now have. I say relative because with Expertise, we have been given an extra layer of farming and grinding, whose only purpose is to keep us in the game even longer. So, whatever your motivation behind this proposal, I regret to say that it is a very bad idea... even if you justify it by a so-called fair balancing.

• SuspiciousPixel
    587 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive No

Massive should just give us content instead, wiping stats from Keener's watch servers no purpose. I cannot see the benefit in it, especially since even the most casual players in the game can max it out in a week.

• the_Kettle
    340 posts

@RaciaIAdhesive I'm confused, neither you nor I were referencing expertise at all, you wanted a repeating grind and I suggested an alternative one. Expertise is a 'once and done' grind, albeit a long one for exotic components.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@the_Kettle

Expertise is a 'once and done' grind“

perhaps they increase the cap to 30 to make the farmers happy, thereafter further increasing and over time downward adjusting the balance that the playable content does not become to easy.

• SuspiciousPixel
    587 posts

@GnarlyAtol1793 Well unless Massive have f'd something up in the PTS the Expertise level should increase since we have new gear, gearsets, weapons, exotics. I assume 30 will be the new cap.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@SuspiciousPixel

Massive should just give us content instead“

Right, but good playable content makes much more work to develop. Countdown was a big workpiece for them I assume and well done for what it is.

Normally we can not complain considering the content we have. The game at time of release was already a complete pack, several great missions added and then the great WoNY.

But I assume that the combined pack of inventing, developing, testing, adjusting, releasing, correcting and maintaining new gear/guns/exotics/progression systems/specialization redesign/modes/seasons … apparel is a HUGE HUGE HUGE effort for them and I think that they all do that very well. Sure, fuckups happen. I absolutely have no problems with that. They do a brilliant job from my perspective.

My Problem is my brain: I do not care about all these things: content means for me missions and open world content for light and darkzone, the rest I don’t care. All the above is free content, therefore no issue. But I wished that they would at least use some of their ressources for playable content to enrich the main game instead of doing all the time different things.

But all the things they do, they do great, albeit that this does not suit my interests.

• the_Kettle
    340 posts

@SuspiciousPixel only 7 new expertise categories by my count, which won't even be enough to teach expertise 21 this season (iirc, current max is 30/140 towards level 21 so 7 new categories will get us to 100/140). 30 is going to be a good few years away unless they suddenly dump a huge amount of new gear.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    (...) I assume 30 will be the new cap.

Sorry for remaining OT:
    When being Proficient with all currently available items you reach Expertise Level 20 and a progress of 30/140 for level 21.

Assuming that a) new gear will only be introduced with new Seasons and maybe the game mode in December and b) the next Expertise Levels will all need 140 Proficiency Ranks to be unlocked, we will maybe be able to reach Expertise Level 22 until the end of the current roadmap:

With maybe one new Gear Set, two new Brand Sets, three new exotic, and three new named items (numbers are of curse only educated guesses) introduced with both Season 10 and Season 11 we will be able to farm 90 additional Proficiency Ranks per Season. So after Season 10 Expertise Level 20, 120/140, would be possible. And with Season 11: Expertise Level 21, 70/140.

But maybe they will add more gear, new skills, or introduce additional new gear with the new game mode... so Expertise Level 21 pretty much seems safe for Year 5. Expertise Level 22 is (imho) possible, but not very likely.

• Noxious81
    1257 posts
    Having to regularly rebuild all my crit-based builds around a fluctuating crit chance bonus would be annoying, same for hazpro. (...)

Agreed. Most long-term players created their builds with the full CHC and HazPro bonuses from the watch. Having and then again not having these bonuses would impact quite a lot builds (and whether they work in for example raids or not).

• Whiskytex
    82 posts

No thank you.

I grinded that watch, those points are mine. I understand new players feeling disadvantaged, so I'd be fine if they made it easier for them. At this point in the game's life, who cares?

Suggested Topics