ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• dricui
    Original poster 1 posts

yall need to ban everyone that's using stuff like cronus zen and xim apex, it's annoying they have no recoil and usually play on mnk.
    if yall can't do nothing on ban side at least let everyone play with mnk by permitting mnk as a default input.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ChainedHawk
    20 posts

@dricui Permabans are the only suitable fix, certainly not allowing it as a base means of playing on console. I don't have said "adaptors", nor did I ever have any desire to buy them. I play on console, console equals pad. Period. Any other stuff shouldn't simply be a part of console, no exception whatsoever. PC players, with their advantages over pad players, belong to PC alone. Console players who play with PC stuff aren't PC players nor console players. They are just pure s**t.

• Cqrlsn
    2 posts

@dricui You have to understand that these adapters that MnK players are using are controller emulators, therefore all that’s being detected in game is controller input. The only half decent thing Sony have done regarding PS5 is that the DualSense chip cannot legally be replicated, or certainly not that I’m currently aware of. So XIM can’t be used with a DualSense and the only way PS5 Siege can be played is with a DualSense. However, with the likes of Belaoder adapters, it seems these players have a workaround.

But to put it lightly, there’s actually nothing Ubisoft can do to detect these players. As frustrating as it is, the only semi-decent thing that could potentially be done is for Ubi to allow native MnK input for all players, and thus these adapter players would be at a disadvantage. Needless to say, there are many factors to consider; if native MnK were to be implemented, there’s a lot of speculation on if whether or not they should be allowed to go against controller players or if they should have their own lobbies, as it’s undeniably a tremendous advantage and since XIM is a controller emulator, the problem wouldn’t be resolved.

Unfortunately, as of yet, you are forced to either deal with it, or join the players doing the same thing. But one thing I can promise you is that this isn’t going away anytime soon, it’s been an issue for years, just like how last gen and current gen players are forced to queue against each other, which is another off topic problem.

• icy-.-soksa
    3 posts

@ICrlsn I'm hearing that since this past Tuesday (8/23/22) players started getting permabans because they used a software to bind their DualShock controllers to PC playing The Division 2. I cannot verify this but I have a feeling that it might be related to this particular software. I am a dedicated kyb/mouse player so I have nothing to do with this 🙂 but I do have quite a number of friends who play on controllers. No permabans so far...

Has anybody heard anything about this?

• HadesOrso9288_
    282 posts

@dricui I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Ubisoft cannot do anything about the MnK cheaters on console because first, it's not native to the game meaning the MnK cheaters need to use adaptor called Xim Apex's to use MnK in Siege on console, and second they cannot legally ban MnK players for cheating because of Microsoft and Sony having MnK support for their platforms/consoles. The only way to fix the cheating issue on console is to allow native MnK in Siege on console and by default have player/device input matchmaking to put controller players against other controller players and MnK players against other MnK players by default. And allow players to decide if they want to have closed device matchmaking to play against people with the same device they use (controller vs controller | MnK vs MnK) or to have open device matchmaking to allow players to play with and against people with different devices (controller and MnK vs controller and MnK). By doing this, it will give Ubisoft the legal room and rights to ban players that continue to use Xim Apex's to prevent those that abuse it from being in controller only lobbies and force players to legitimately.

Suggested Topics