ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 119 posts

First off. Ik that they said no new dlc for now but who knows in a couple years

Okay. So the reason why I said it would take so long to make this a dlc is 1: I have no idea how long it takes to make a dlc of this size. Cause I'm no game developer and not about to tell them how to do there job. 2: my proposal is pretty darn big.

Cause I propose that for the next big dlc. We go back to midtown manhatten.

Seeing midtown return in summer time with new settlements, control points, random events and new missions will make for a perfect dlc. And in my opinion I'm very much willing to wait a couple years to see it become a reality.

Seeing that for resurgance they will use midtown and have settlements in there it might even be a real possibility.

Might even be a fun dlc to end the game on when that time comes.

But who knows. Just fun to speculate.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@gamecrusher447

yeah, I would be happy to pay for such dlc, even it would be a reuse of division 1 map (parts) only.

But: would be happy when they would return to division 1 style, means designing settlements, control points … that provides a sense of realism and embedding into story

• suschunga
    612 posts
    I have no idea how long it takes to make a dlc of this size.

You're effectively asking them to remake Division 1. That took a few hundred people at least three years to make (we have no idea how long they'd been working on it before the announcement). And no, they can't simply reuse the map as it's not a 1:1 reproduction the way DC and WoNY are. Even if they could, they would need to rework all the environment art to reflect that it's summer.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@suschunga

yeaah, that’s a pity

There will be a time we will love another game, definately not Avatar but perhaps Star Wars 😊, and not playing division 1 and 2 anymore … feels bad. Would have been great if D1 would have been further developed and expanded. Great map. Love it. Therefore still play it.

An upgrade and integration in D2 like the added WoNY would be a dream 😍.

Both games are an artwork.

• gamecrusher447
    Original poster 119 posts
    You're effectively asking them to remake Division 1. That took a few hundred people at least three years to make (we have no idea how long they'd been working on it before the announcement). And no, they can't simply reuse the map as it's not a 1:1 reproduction the way DC and WoNY are. Even if they could, they would need to rework all the environment art to reflect that it's summer.

I know what I'm asking. I'm also aware of that the division wasn't 1:1 or that they have to remake it to fit summer and be up-to-date with the graffix and that it took them a very long time. I also know that a lot of content for the division 1 was scrapt which makes an estimated production time hard to guess for us.

But I didn't say that I wanted it this christmas or next year. I can perfectly wait a few years to see this become a reality.

I'm not asking to ctrl + c, ctrl + v it and delete the snow pack. If this were to be in the division 2 it would need a complete rehaul. The map itself whent through 7 months. Buildings would have changed. Settlements would have been created. Seeing they lost the BoO in midtown a new one has to be made. The streets will look different with control points. Factions would have relocated. Also since we don't know what resurgance will bring we can't even say if that new faction from that game would be there in midtown (would be a good replacement for the rioters tho). Since we don't know what happens to them.

All I said is that if there would be a new dlc. This is what I would like it to be. And if that takes 2, 3 or 4 years. I am more than capable to wait.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    737 posts

@gamecrusher447

👍

I would be already happy if they would take Division 1 as it is and add open world content to it for the so called endgame. Would be happy to pay for this game a second time 😊❤️. The snow fans would be happy as well.

One day we will have it, an open world game with dynamic season, spring, summer, autumn, winter, that would be phantastic. It’s already impressive what’s possible today.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    All I said is that if there would be a new dlc. This is what I would like it to be. And if that takes 2, 3 or 4 years. I am more than capable to wait.

And I was providing context on how much work is required - hence the quote. I suspect you're going to be waiting forever.

Suggested Topics