ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/57 Replies/1638 Views
    ARTEMISHUNTER1
    Original poster 1 posts

Turned on my PS5 and there was an update. Downloaded and then started playing. Attempted a stealth raid but Odin Sight would not highlight anything other than treasure. No enemies would highlight. I fast traveled around to see if it was just in East Anglia but nope! The whole game won’t high light the enemies now. Was working fine before this new update.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

I don't find I have nothing in Eagle Vision but over the months it's become more and more unreliable. Some highlight, some don't, some lose a highlight, some get a highlight for no reason (I don't think it's entering cover prompting that).

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@ARTEMISHUNTER1 hello and welcome to the forums. Would you provide a video of this occurring so I can forward this to the relevant team? You can upload a clip to a hosting site such as YouTube and post the link in the forum.

I also recommend the following troubleshooting steps for the PS5. Let me know if you see any changes.

@SpirantCrayon22 would you clarify the platform this is happening on?

• SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

@ubi_plush

Xbox

• azullFR
    2650 posts

@ubi_plush
    @SpirantCrayon22

over the months it's become more and more unreliable. Some highlight, some don't, some lose a highlight, some get a highlight for no reason

Exactely same on PS4 pro

it's a part of the silent (hidden) changes that came update after update (ex : runes stats, runes prices, aim "mis-assist", Raven's animation speed, etc.)

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4733 posts

Hi @SpirantCrayon22 @azullfr apologies for the late response.

Can you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue? If so could you provide a video to demonstrate this and I can report it to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

@ubi-keo

Still seems erratic so I'll try and record something though I normally just plough in and kill everything as soon as stealth fails.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 thanks for the update.

Could you also check the Odin sight on all maps if possible to see if it occurs on them all.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

@ubi-keo

yes, I'll try and remember to do Vinland, too, I'll see if those items can be upgraded with platinum

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 252 posts

@spirantcrayon22

Thank you! Please keep us updated. 🙂

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

@ubi-peach

I did not notice any issues with Eagle Vision in Vinland but didn't do much there and am highly unlikely to go there again any time soon.

From here it's Svartalfheim, mostly, with a bit of England. Not a lot of reason to go to the other maps but if I find I have time I'll try and remember to have a look.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 thanks for the update.

Once you have provided a video to demonstrate this issue I will report it to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

okay, got the problem in Svartalfheim - https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/spirantcrayon22/video/154442648

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1151 posts

@spirantcrayon22 Thanks so much for sending over that video! I apologize for not responding to you sooner.

Since you also mentioned seeing issues in England, where in England does your Odin Sight not work as expected? Are any particular areas or types of enemies affected in particular?

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

The most recent obvious one was the final Outrider in Svartalfheim, this is the one just south-west of Eitri. They were red only in a direct line of sight so the same sort of thing as shown in the previous video.

I'll do some killing in England when Connect starts working again and see what I see.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

Actually DoR put me back in England so I picked up quests from Reda's Rubbish. In one of these the target only shows up red in line-of sight, other targets show up through walls. https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/spirantcrayon22/video/154895568

• SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

actually, yeah . . . targets don't ever show up in Eagle Vision but I think they used to

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

Hey folks! If you are still experiencing this issue with Odin Sight can you please confirm if you have occured since completing "A Fury from the Sea"?

Thank you.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2098 posts

@ubi-viral

Oh, yeah, did "A Fury from the Sea" absolutely ages ago, let me see . . . I finished that arc in January 2021.

• azullFR
    2650 posts

@ubi-viral
    same as @SpirantCrayon22 = I finished the East-Anglia arc in January 2021. 🙂

Suggested Topics