ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/57 Replies/1638 Views
    SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

@Ubi-Froggard

not entirely sure if it's related but the following problems occur for all players - it is impossible not to be able to reproduce this

neither predators (at least boar and wolf) nor targets (eg one of that damned pair of thieves) glow red in Eagle Vision when behind a solid surface, though the green glow for a target shows if close enough

yeah, I think it's the same issue

• Ubi-Greybeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 311 posts

Hey @SpirantCrayon22 !

Thanks for the additional information!

We've forwarded @TimidTyson 's video and report, as well as your own, to our report to the development team, and it's currently being investigated.
    For the time being, I would ask for your patience, while the investigation is ongoing and to keep an eye on the patch notes to see if a solution has been implemented in any of the upcoming patches.

If you have any additional information on this issue, or would like to report another one, please feel free to reach out!

Official Response
  • TimidTyson
    6 posts

@Ubi-Greybeard Thank you for the response. I know there were older posts about this exact thing. I remember someone discussing the East Anglea quest which I experienced this. Another, which may even be the same quest and location here:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/81235/odin-sight-bug-enemies-unable-to-be-seen-through-walls/32?lang=en-US&page=2
    Video in this discussion:

Could very well be occuring in certain locations. If it's not a bug, as a few people suggest and instead how it's meant to be played in the given area... I don't understand the implementation behind that at all. I don't see any responses saying this is working as intended either.

Hope this helps. ☺

• TimidTyson
    6 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 That may be, however, you'll see in my video that the enemy follows me away from the location and eventually is highlighted in full.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

@TimidTyson

I've not done an exhaustive study of this but everything in the videos looks familiar, though I don't go to the Ireland map much. Not arguing and in any case, it's not right!

• Ubi-Greybeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 311 posts

Hey there!

@TimidTyson Thanks for the additional information and the link to the older thread, I think I've seen a similar report before, but mainly for some Ireland locations.

From the descriptions provided both from you and @SpirantCrayon22 , it looks like Odin Sight isn't marking enemies the same way as usual, when the enemies are located in active quest areas. I'll have to test that on my own game and will add that to the report we've already created.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

@Ubi-Greybeard predators do not sglow red through solid surfaces anywhere (wall, hill, but not tree), targets the same, it's not quest areas

• TimidTyson
    6 posts

@SpirantCrayon22 I don't understand. Predators, meaning wolves, for example? That's fine, but the enemies in the video I made are clearly druids who are normally highlighted everywhere else throughout the game - even when they hide in bushes to ambush you. These are those same enemies. Also, I've gone on to talk about this taking place in the non-DLC content when I first bought the game. I haven't experienced it in England since I've been playing this time around and I've been to EVERY England location... and this game is pretty big. Still, it seems to have been fixed in England. Now, in Ireland, this problem has come up. For other players as well. I don't understand how you can rule out the possibility of quest locations being the issue. Even the videos I've seen have shown these events occuring in the location of their current quest in the top left corner of the screen.

• azullFR
    2663 posts

@TimidTyson
    Same thing (little Red glowing & no transparency) is happening with English soldiers, English bandits, etc. :

• Basic state = once highlighted they are visible through everything (including Eivor)
    • Quest or Reda Contracts involving Kill this Target state = once highlighted they are less visible = little red glow + they are no more visible through walls, stones, Eivor, etc.

The best example is the Reda contract : "The thieves couple" = one is fullly highlighted, the target is not (same for transparency) :
    the same type guy as the target can be found in some camps : if it's not in Kill this Target state status = if it's in Basic status = fully highlighted

This what is happening in the English fort you mentioned (East-Anglia) during a main quest : soldiers are labelled by the game with a Kill this Target state status

Maybe (but didn't tested it, but your 1rst video shows it) if some targets are leaving a specific area during a specific quest or a specific contract they can retrieve the Basic status the time they are outside an area calculated by the game for this specific quest, or simply outside the "Be cautious" area

Seems that it is intended by Ubi (or they don't want to modify it : it has already been reported several times if I'm correct)

I guess the team weren't able (or didn't tried that much) to reproduce : the target is going outside the "Be cautious" area, and so, they didn't care of the "Target litlle red glow with no transparency" ...

Here an example of a Reda's contract target just made today : it has no restricted area (just it's scripted to follow a path in the Ledestrecesrire area), I used the photomode because it spared me a bunch of time getting these results in a "pure video", the results are exactly the same :

• SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

@TimidTyson

While I'm not 100% sure of all aspects of what's going on, I think there are several "versions" of this bug and I think it works like this. There are "predators" and two versions of "target".

"Predators" (meaning animals that can attack regardless of dictionary definitions) do not glow red through walls/hills/etc, only line-of-sight.

"Target A" is the type where they don't glow red in Eagle Vision at all but if close enough there's a sort-of round greenish glow on their torso and that can be seen through solid objects, these are assassination targets and Reda daily targets and so on.

"Target B" is the one with the downwards circumflex arrow thing over their head, your first video shows that. They show the behaviour of the "predators", they glow red in line-of-sight but not through walls.

Now, the subject of maps and quest areas. "Predator" and "Target A" happen anywhere on all maps, it's not related to quest areas or which map, fairly sure of that. "Target B" types only pop up in quest areas but I reckon if they were picked up and plonked down outside a quest area they'd show their version of the bug or maybe "Target A" bug behaviour.

You mentioned a "weak point" sort of red glow, yes, it seems variable to me how that looks and that can sometimes make life a bit hard.

• azullFR
    2663 posts

@SpirantCrayon22
    @TimidTyson

about Reda's target aka "Target A", I will add :
    you have to be close enough to get the Cyan glow, then you gave to get even closer and maybe to also "re-scan" to get the little Red glow (the cyan glow will disapear as shown in my video)
    I always saw Reda's target as "Unique target" = killing only the target validates the contract

Just added a 2nd video showing the same patrol and same target as the one in the first video, but at some "Valhalla kilometers" from the 1srt one :

• SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

Okay. I didn't notice the cyan disappearing and the red appearing again. What I don't understand about your video is that they are not attacking Eivor immediately. I thought they always attacked if they saw Eivor. I do whistle-assassinations (more XP) so don't get seen.

• TimidTyson
    6 posts

@azullFR Ah, then this would make sense. I wonder if you were to deselect your quest, if that target would then have a blue down arrow above his head like those in the camp in my video. It seems to affect Kill-Targets within a given zone. Yours was a single target and the patrol he was with were not objectives. Mine was to clear the camp, making everyone in that area a target. There was a story quest in Ireland where you take over a major fort and as you clear it these blue down arrows appear over the remaining 4(ish) enemies. Now that I think about it, I don't believe they were highlightable once that happened. It was when [SPOILER] your cousin is pretending to be drunk in front of the Irish lords or kings while his men are held captive in the [END SPOILER] nearby fort. I cleared it and the remaining targets then had blue downarrows and were unable to be highlighted. Before that, as I cleared, everything was fine.

So again, it would seem to be during select targets within (maybe) select zones...

Thanks for the input!

• SpirantCrayon22
    2110 posts

@TimidTyson the target there for @azullFR is a Reda daily, in England, these don't have the down-arrows at any point and whether the quest is selected doesn't make a difference to the Eagle Vision effects; the zones again, those down-arrows might only appear within the killing zone, yes, and then they don't show through walls/hills; these zones are in Ireland, Forgotten Saga, maybe other quests, it seems it's just a different appearance

• azullFR
    2663 posts

@TimidTyson
    I confirm that, as @SpirantCrayon22 said, "deselecting" a Reda contract or even a "never selected" Reda contract will behave the same

[Post-added] :
    Odin's sight is not affected by difficulty ("Saga" or "Drengr" gives the same results)

Using Odin's sight on "Unique Reda's contract target" aka "Target A" :

• will start "Cyan glowing" at 40-39 meters
    • will start "Little Red glowing" (no more Cyan glow) at 9 meters

"Target A" friend(s) and all other English soldiers seems to start "Full Red glowing" at 79 meters are starting "Full Red Glowing" at 80 meters exactly,
    once they are glowing, they will be visible with transparency up to 100m : going to 102m = no more transparency, back to 100m = again transparency.
    (may vary depending on the "relief", if you are far upper for example : z coordinates make some changes in some behaviours, like assassination target priority)

I just found the confirmation that the "Little Red Glow" behavior (no transparency) is intended by Ubi as said in this topic :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/80734/odin-s-sight-bugged/18?lang=en-US
    it's sad that we had no confirmation in this topic: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/138132/odin-sight-not-working-since-update-1-5-0/1?lang=en-US

• azullFR
    2663 posts

@SpirantCrayon22
    maybe they do not attack Eivor because :

• I play on the easiest settings : I just verifyed = same result in "Drengr"
    • they are English patrols (bandits patrols will always attack on sight)
    • in this patrol, nobody as lingots (if you get to close from a lingot owner everybody will attack you)
    • I pledged few regions (the best progress I made is pledging : Grant. Ledeces. East-Ang. Oxen. Lunden
    • The other saves have less progression in the story and English patrols have the same behaviour

I don't know what is the cause and if I'm the only one

(for patrols of 3 I usually perform a "shoulder assassination" on one, letting the 2 other walking, then I run from back to the nearest one and chain assassinate (real assassination, unlike the fake descripted skill) the last one)
    ("whistle assassination never worked for me on lingot patrols, but I tried only on "patrols/5" after performing my second "shoulder assassination", so they were in "investigation state" even if they were not attacking me on sight)

• Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 347 posts

Hello everyone! Thank you for still providing insightful information and in-depth investigation into this! I've forwarded all this including the video examples to our devs to take a closer look. Once we know more, we'll update the thread, thanks!

Official Response

Suggested Topics