ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

I play the game for over a week now and never had any problems.

So when I started the game today I was bummed that the symbols in the shortcut wheel (like call the horse) were not displaying as fast as normal and sometimes didnt show up at all. Some NPC speak bubble was not showing, so I restartet bubble there. I thought, maybe a background update or something. I didnt see anything.
    So I continue playing. For the first time while playing the save symbol showed up while exploring the map and freezing the frame. I assume to load parts of the map. After the third time in a few minutes I press save and the game crashes (maybe it was buffering AND saving and didnt like that, I dont know)

So I think maybe my grafics are (SUDDENLY) to high. (remember I didnt encounter problems for a week)
    I reduce the settings, no changes.

I search for problems, it says reboot the router and clear the temp files. I do. No changes.

I have no idea what possibly could have changes since yesterday.

EDIT: I verified the Data and now the game crushes the moment the sound comes up right after the loading of the save.
    EDIT2: reducing grafics doesnt work. Also reinstalled UbiConnect. It seems whenever I go near a place where it needs to load textures the game now crashes regardless of any settings. Even though I played on very high settings the past week.
    EDIT 3: Objects are popping in out of nowhere now. The game is seemingly unplayable at this stage. I will try a reinstall now. No idea what could have happened. Oh. My Hardware:
    8GB MSI AMD Radeon RX6600
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600 6 Core
    16GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4 3000

Edit4: reinstallation, running as admin and driver updates didnt work. Sound clips of cutscenes are cutting out. Very High graphic settings seem to make the problem of objects spawning in out of nowhere to be less likely, or the reinstallation solved that problem.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Randelia
    431 posts

@AceFirefist Did anything change on your PC: Did Windows maybe install an update? Did some drivers automatically update?

Is your internet connection ok? Internet is used for accessing your user info, your cloud saves if you use them, some autosaves are automatically copied to the cloud. If you are loading a cloud save, try loading a manual save instead.

Did any overclocking parameters change somehow? Is your SSD where the game is installed ok? Can you start other ubisoft games from UbiConnect? Is your Assinscreed Valhalla exe set to "run as administrator"? The exes need the extra permissions.

If nothing of the above, the only thing I can think of is re-install like you suggested.

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia As far as Im aware there were no Updates to windows. I have updated all my drivers about two hours ago and am still waiting for the game to be reinstalled. 150Gb take some time for me, even though my connection is very stable overall.

I dont have any other UniConnect games installes atm, so I cant try. I started a game from steam prior to the updates for the drivers and also had some problems. Starting the same steam game now with updates the problem seems not to happen or not noticable.

A friend asked me if my graca settings got changed somehow, as his laptop sometimes switches them after a reboot and that causes him problems, but I have a tower and no internal graca, so I doubt thats the problem.

I will start using Valhalla with admin rights when its installed and buggy again, but I never did before and never run into that problem without admin rights.

Its a bugger that, if my problem is solved, I cant really tell WHY, because of the reinstall or re-installed drivers. I will keep an update. Thanks

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia Update:
    the game was installed and I started it again on very high settings. The Objects were not appearing out of nowhere and it seemed fine. For a few hundred ingame meter until 2 short lags and then again fine. I got to a cut szene in a world event where the soundbits got cut off and the game crashed. Then I started as admin and some textures are slow to load. The shortcut items appear still with a time lag and the "E" for interaction with objects doesnt show if I dont stand right infront for a few moments.

The other game I tried on steam works fine. I will try again tomorrow after work, a few tips from friends are left to try.

Oh, and I have the game installed on a HDD, but that never changed and again, it worked before. Other stuff on the HDD doesnt seem to be buggy, that I tried.
    Manual and Cloud save doesnt seem to make a difference either.

Im really bummed out for this out-of-nowhere-problem I dont even know if its really game related.

• Randelia
    431 posts

@AceFirefist Another thing I would try is: check the FPS you're getting with Valhalla with your graca versus the games that are working fine. Try having the FPS display constantly on, and then go to different areas in the game.
    And check the load of your graca and your CPU. I have GPU-Z running and can look at that info if needed. (GPU-Z is free software, it displays GPU load, CPU load, temps, hotspots, fan load, speed, etc.

HDD: I noticed that my OS SSD is getting hot when I had the game running. (I have software running constantly to keep an eye on my drives, Hard Drive Sentinel. There are probably also free options available). I had to add a heatsink to that SSD to prevent it from overheating during gaming. The game seems to use a lot of stuff on the OS SSD (c:) not just stuff from the disk where it is actually installed. Check if your OS drive has heat problems: because it might slow down in that case.
    Do you have the game installed on your OS drive maybe and not on a separate disk? If yes, the OS disk has additional stuff to do while gaming and position constantly back and forth. It probably will get even hotter than if the game is installed on another drive.

It is awesome that you are using a tower versus a laptop! Laptops have everything crammed in a tight space and no adequate airflow to cool.
    Using something to monitor the temps should also help you optimize the airflow inside your tower.

And just to be sure: check your specs against the specs Ubisoft has listed for the resolution you're gaming at.

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia I dont know if anything is solved or not, but the game is running *relatively* smooth atm. There was a glitch at one point but it looks like it is stabel. FPS are in an area between 68-80 while playing and above 100 on the games map. There is a dip going from the map back to the game to below 60 for a second but I dont think thats a problem.

I have now started Connect and Valhalla both as admin. Connect and Valhalla are both on the same partition, there are no Ubisoft data I would be aware of on my OS SSD. Unfortunatly my OS SSD is not big enough for Valhalla, so I cant even try to move the direction.

I have made some files with GPU-Z. I may be unaware what I need to look for so I uploaded them here. Thanks for your help.

In Order: After a world event; World-map; in Hrephnatorp (Different area than the first screenshot)

• Randelia
    431 posts

@AceFirefist

CPU-Z: you can have it running in the background. Then when you are gaming, press Alt+Tab to switch to another program. Select any windows tab and it gives you the windows bar where you can see on the right side the icons of the other programs running. Select CPU-Z. Then click the tab for Sensors. That will give you a continuous graph with all the sensor readings. Watch out for GPU Clock, GPU Temperature, Hot Spot, Fan Speed %, Fan Speed RPM, GPU load, and the CPU Temperature. Look up what values are normal operating values for your hardware. E.g. my GPU runs fine in high 80s temperature and the Fan Speed being around 50% then. That shows me the GPU is not getting to hot. The Hot Spot shows some high peaks at any point in time. My CPU is not getting hot either, regardless of how intense I play at my normal resolution.

Those sensor readings will show you how your hardware is doing while you are gaming. Since GPU-Z is showing a graph of the sensor readings you can check how the last stretch of gaming affected your hardware each time when you click Alt-Tab and look at GPU-Z sensor readings.

It's great that your game is not on your OS SSD. Unfortunately GPU-Z does not read the temps for your drives. The info is in the SMART values your drives give out. Your game is installed on a hard drive. Means each time it's loading some texture, videos, etc the drive needs to position to the location and read it. You might run into a bottleneck there. You would notice your FPS dropping then.

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia Thanks for the explanation. I did run the program in the background and switched with alt+tab, but I couldnt upload the txt so I made a screenshot as a more simple solution.

I dont seem to run into any problems today. But I remembered, that I tried to do the world event in Lunden with the bards that sit there and dont start playing the day before the problems appeared. Would be wierd for that to be the problem, but I cant completely strike that off my mind.

Again thanks for the support 🙂

• Randelia
    431 posts

@AceFirefist In your screenie your GPU fan is at 83% and the GPU load is 99%. Your GPU temp is 56C.

Check if this is within normal operating behavior with your graca manufacturing site. They should have info about the temps etc of your graca. Did you change anything in the fan settings?

If 56C is normal or low for your GPU then the fan settings would be too high. I am concerned that the fan is already running at 83% for regular gaming. It does not have much room to go if the CPU is getting hotter.
    If 56C is high for your GPU then it is working very hard already for your current resolution and the fan is blowing higher to keep it cool. In that case a more powerful GPU would help.

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia The info on my GPU I found suggest that everything below 100°C should be fine, and another threat on the card suggests 56°C is the normal temp. I didnt change anything about my fans. The game is running very smooth today, at least after around half an hour of gameplay I didnt run into the minor glitches I got at the beginning today.

It could be that the fans are working harder because the last days were not that cold outside but thats speculation on my part.
    Edit: Fan speed outside of gaming is below 5% though

• Randelia
    431 posts

@AceFirefist Glad to hear that the game is behaving well today and that everything is within normal specifications!

I experience the same thing once I stop gaming: GPU temp, load, fan speed everything drops instantly. The fan continues to run for a bit while the GPU temp goes down. Then it stays down until I start the game again.

• AceFirefist
    Original poster 7 posts

@Randelia I think I will close this threat, as the problems seem to went away. Would be really wierd if that stupid world-event in Lunden bugged the game and the reinstallation solved it somehow.

Thanks for the help :),

Edit: WOULD close, but I cant edit the title and first post anymore. So I hereby declare it closed by my mental forcefield. 😄

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5332 posts

Hi @AceFirefist apologies for the late response.

I'm pleased to hear that your issue is resolved.

I will now lock this thread for you. If you experience any further issues please create a new post.

Official Response

Suggested Topics