ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Tncob
    Original poster 5 posts

I was playing as usual. When I got to the third scene where there's full of toxic fog and corrosive stream, I encountered this "werewolf creature" (don't know what this called in English, I'm not playing this game in English neither) and I killed it with my bow and arrow, so the execution animation didnt trigger. However, as the last enemy was slayed, the magical dome-shape screen didnt disappear as it normally did, and I found out the "werewolf creature" was lying down in the stream below. Seems like it had been knocked out, so I tried to give one more last hit to finish it off and surprisingly it failed; no matter what kinds of deadly skills I used it just could not die. I would like to attach a video for better reference.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2925 posts

Hello @Tncob,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I reported this to the development team for further investigation. Once we have an update on this, we will let everyone know through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • EyesOfFate
    190 posts

I have the same bug, unfortunately, even when I finished all side quests, this one is bugged after first time when moonstones was available in this quest. And also it is not possible to unlock achievement "Freedom fighter" because of this ...

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2925 posts

Hello @EyesOfFate,

Thank you for sharing this and I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to unlock the achievement.

I already reported this issue to the development team and I also updated the ongoing investigation with your comments. Once we have more details to share, we will keep everyone up to date through the patch notes.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and thank you for your patience. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Snackskazam
    1 posts

I had the same glitch happen to me, so just adding a couple notes to hopefully help the official investigation.

After looking online, I discovered this event is supposed to start by talking to the quest NPC, but he did not spawn in that area. Instead, I had one of the activatable shrines that normally triggers a wave of enemies, offering a weapon upgrade as a reward. When I activated it, the wolf and trainer enemies spawned instead of the wave.

I am also aware that the moonstones on the ground are supposed to glow, and the wolf is supposed to be immune to damage until you lead it into the glow. In my case, the moonstones were not glowing, but still offered an "interact" option that led to a couple lines of non-repeating dialogue and nothing else. The wolf was also not immune to damage, and when I reduced it to 0 hp, I was left in the same situation as the other posters.

Finally, restarting the game did not fix the issue. I reloaded back into the same area with an inactive shrine, still offering the weapon upgrade. Activating it triggered the same bugged encounter.

• EyesOfFate
    190 posts

Update note: yesterday, when I was on Discord, one guy find a solution for this bug. After he has this bug, he knocked down werewolf and killed himself in that hot bloody water and in next run it was working as intended. So I went to try this fix and I, started new run, and I even did not need to die, it was fixed by itself, what is weird, but now I have it completed finally.

• NanoNano2
    7 posts

So this quest is a 3 stage quest.
    Stage 1: Kill a guy
    Stage 2: Go to hidden shop
    Stage 3: Bugged...

According to videos online, there is suppose to be a body to interact with, however it never spawned.
    I quit and reloaded the game thinking it might fix it, no such luck.
    Triggering the alter, will also trap you inside the encounter, unable to leave, as the werewolf is unkillable without the quest-related script.

Anyone found a work around?

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@NanoNano2 did you get the moonstones and give them to Brodir waiting outside the merchant's cave?

• NanoNano2
    7 posts

@bielik01
    Yeah, I did.
    The moonstones are interactable on the ground at the spot for Stage 3 of the questline, The questgiver to trigger the fight for stage 3 isnt there however.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@NanoNano2 this was for me:

in here:

I needed to trigger the rest by activating Stelli.

• Ubi-Greybeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 391 posts

Hey @NanoNano2 !

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with "Shifting Loyalties" in the Forgotten Saga.

I can look into this a bit further for you! Could you please provide a short video showcasing what exactly is happening? There is supposed to be a dead thrall there, can interact with the stones initially, then start the encounter with the werewolf. This should produce certain beams of light that allow you to damage the werewolf and also get Brodir in the fight.

@bielik01 thanks for your answer, this was also my experience with the quest chain.

Official Response
  • NanoNano2
    7 posts

@Ubi-Greybeard

I am unsure how to go about getting a video made to showcase it,
    The body of the Thrall has not spawned, one of the moonstones on the ground is interactable, but they dont shine, I can trigger the fight with the werewolf, but its immortal due to the moonstones not triggering, thus soft-locking me into the fight.

@bielik01
    Yeah that guy isnt there, I just went back to the hidden shop to see if maybe he was outside the cave, maybe I had to talk to him again or something like that, but not there either.

• Ubi-Greybeard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 391 posts

Hey there @NanoNano2 !

Thanks for the quick reply!

The video would need to show what you can see before starting the werewolf encounter, what you can interact with, and if there's the corpse of the Thrall there (or not). You could record from your phone, and it's easiest to upload it to YouTube or a similar service to share a link.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Auron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 410 posts

Hey everyone! Thanks for keeping us informed in this thread and providing workarounds!

The dev team confirmed that they are currently working on a fix for this and the issue should be resolved in one of the future updates. Once we have additional information, we will communicate it through these forums and the patch notes. Thanks!

Official Response
  • kamooks
    2 posts

@NanoNano2 I have the same issue for stage 3. Interactable moonstones with some dialogue from Odin, no thrall there on ground, activate fight, stones won't shine, leading werewolf through stones does nothing, have to kill it so i don't die, barrier around area so can't leave. Need this one for the trophy so i hope there is a fix in the next update, please Ubi!

• moriatii
    53 posts

@NanoNano2 I have the very same issue,, no man to interact with, spawned the fight defeated werewolf (on ground unmoving, and I can still assassinate it) but locked in the area, only way out is to reload the game, and even then, I get the same result.

Edit: Finally got through this, the thrall appeared at the sword in the stone, defeated the wolf with in the shinning stone area's and spoke with the man to finally complete the quest.
    No idea what was different this run through, pretty much played it the same as normal but thankfuly it completed.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5291 posts

Hi @kamooks @moriatii apologies for the late response.

I have merged your posts with another thread for this issue.

I can confirm that the development team are currently working on a fix for this and the issue should be resolved in one of the future updates.

Once we have additional information, we will communicate it through these forums and the patch notes.

Official Response

Suggested Topics