ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sir_0v3rk1ll
    Original poster 147 posts

All this game needs and has been needing is the crashing fixed and maybe new content. That is it. Nothing is ever balanced when released and releasing new weapons and gears adds to the lists of problems. Anyway, how much more variations of weapons and gears do we need? All we want to do at the end of the day is point and shoot no matter if you go skills, armor or damage. Just FIX THE CRASHING

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Oatiecrumble
    943 posts
    All we want to do at the end of the day is point and shoot no matter if you go skills, armor or damage.

Do we, trying out new stuff is what it's all about.

Crashes is a different matter.

• III_Hammer_III
    177 posts

@Sir_0v3rk1ll

All "we" want, kemo sabe?

• suschunga
    612 posts

It's a looter shooter. New gear and weapons to experiment with are a reason to continue playing. OP also ignores that (a) different people work on gear and weapons from investigating crashes (b) people on consoles don't seem to have the same issue that PC players do.

• Wolfe_Protocol
    82 posts
    It's a looter shooter. New gear and weapons to experiment with are a reason to continue playing.

a small reason. game has enough goodies atm.

OP also ignores that (a) different people work on gear and weapons from investigating crashes

ubisoft's allocation of resources notwithstanding, they have made no effort rectify a situation that is affecting literally every single PC player. i find it curious that other game companies can maintain their servers and the players' ability to access them, without issue, but Ubisoft's coders are apparently either incompetent, lazy or being told not to fix problems by management... so whichh is it, ubisoft? do you hire incompetent coders, lazy coders or are you actively keeping them from fixing bugs? it has to be one of those three reasons.

(b) people on consoles don't seem to have the same issue that PC players do.

because consoles all have identical hardware. PCs are better because we get to upgrade them how we like instead of having to buy a new console every few years.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@Sir_0v3rk1ll

I absolutely share that view. But when you are reading here and in Reddit people are always begging for more … and they get it …cheap content.

Real content, means playable content, requires much more ressources and apparently people love to million times replay the same activity with new guns, holster … socks.

Look at all these posts here about stats and percentages on new and old gear pieces and guns … gameplay does not matter.

Its much more a looter than a shooter, limited focus on gameplay. Countdown is an extreme result of that and I expect the upcoming mode will perfectly fit into that pattern as well, unfortunately.

God, I hope the next Ghost Recon will be good to get rid of these things.

• Oatiecrumble
    943 posts
    PCs are better because we get to upgrade them how we like instead of having to buy a new console every few years.

Yeah but i can play the game 😆 😛

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@Wolfe_Protocol

PCs are better because we get to upgrade them how we like instead of having to buy a new console every few years.“

Well, that’s why I was considering to buy a Gaming PC as well and to play Division 1 on PC again but all the reports of crashes stopped me doing this.

On XBox One X I had only few crashes and freezes since TU15. Yesterday I had five …. 😔

• GnarlyAtol1793
    733 posts

@Oatiecrumble

Do we, trying out new stuff is what it's all about.“

Definately not for me but perhaps for the majority 😊

• Oatiecrumble
    943 posts
    @Oatiecrumble

Do we, trying out new stuff is what it's all about.“

Definately not for me but perhaps for the majority 😊

Don't get me wrong, all the new gear added over the last year none of it is really for me, i'm still waiting for a Reclaimer set, or a D3-FNC set......I do think at present gear is maybe getting out of control, i wish i could say the same for content.

But hey, i still do like to try out the new stuff but i just can't get away from my M1A CQB build.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    a small reason. game has enough goodies atm.

That is both subjective, and a failure to understand the business reality. Ubisoft think there is more money to be made allocating developers to work on new games than on creating new playable content for this one. Hence a small team on this one that can still turn a profit without drawing away resources from their more "promising" games.

ubisoft's allocation of resources notwithstanding, they have made no effort rectify a situation that is affecting literally every single PC player.

Aside from PC's being notoriously complex and there being multiple causes for crashes, the known issues board suggests otherwise:
    https://trello.com/c/CxMR40RL/8-pc-desktop-crashes-on-pc-increased-after-tu-152: (https://trello.com/c/CxMR40RL/8-pc-desktop-crashes-on-pc-increased-after-tu-152)
    https://trello.com/c/tpvb6qOC/9-pc-delta-03-errors-increased-after-tu-152-by-2: (https://trello.com/c/tpvb6qOC/9-pc-delta-03-errors-increased-after-tu-152-by-2)

Amusingly enough, the frequency of crashes for me was lower before the latest patch, yet it remains unchanged for others. TL;DR - they may/may not have addressed one cause of the crashes, but others clearly remain.

because consoles all have identical hardware. PCs are better because we get to upgrade them how we like instead of having to buy a new console every few years.

It's always funny to see how quickly some people jump straight into platform wars, thus completely missing the point.

• TxDieselKid
    407 posts

They did stop bringing new stuff to the game for a year, and it was on life support. Now it's back, and thank goodness they are bringing new stuff once again.

• Wolfe_Protocol
    82 posts

It's always funny to see how quickly some people jump straight into platform wars, thus completely missing the point.

ok... what point would that be, then, mr. thinkshe'ssmarterthanmebutisnot?

• suschunga
    612 posts

That consoles aren't having the same issues as PC users mrspcmasterracebutcantseetheobvious. PC's inconsistent platform means it's exponentially more complicated to debug issues there.

• Whiskytex
    82 posts

I've felt pretty sympathetic towards the PC players. It would suck to be dealing with this issue on any platform.

But for those of you demanding that all development immediately stop cause your PC master race and therefore more important...whatever.

As has been stated, at least we can play. And rather well at that, on our new consoles. Consoles which do need to be replaced every few years, for probably about the same amount you PC master race peeps spend maintaining/upgrading your rig over the same period.

There are many skills in making a game. Graphic artists for set, character, item, clothing, and weapon design. People who specialize in coding for character movement, bullet and damage tracking, and on and on. Then there's the people who go deep into the code for different platforms, whose job is to know the platform in and out.

But you want graphic artists debugging code...

• BT3241
    200 posts

Glad I don't have the PC version sounds like a complete nightmare.I see some players even reinstalling windows over and over to get things to work.Thats why I quit PC and went to a console never have any problems unless the internet connection is down.

• Oatiecrumble
    943 posts

Does it matter one day p.c's will be obsolete, we will all be playing on a box the size of a iPhone using digital content.

• Wolfe_Protocol
    82 posts
    That consoles aren't having the same issues as PC users mrspcmasterracebutcantseetheobvious. PC's inconsistent platform means it's exponentially more complicated to debug issues there.

then i didn't miss the point, [censored]. i made the very same point, and you, in your idiocy, ignored it.

• suschunga
    612 posts
    then i didn't miss the point, [censored]. i made the very same point, and you, in your idiocy, ignored it.

Nope, you resorted to PCMR nonsense, while making some weakly argued points.

Does it matter one day p.c's will be obsolete, we will all be playing on a box the size of a iPhone using digital content.

I know you're poking the bear, but people do forget that the mobile market is larger than the combined market for PC's and both consoles.

There are many skills in making a game. Graphic artists for set, character, item, clothing, and weapon design. People who specialize in coding for character movement, bullet and damage tracking, and on and on. Then there's the people who go deep into the code for different platforms, whose job is to know the platform in and out.

But you want graphic artists debugging code...

Exactly this. Aside from being a small team, they are all new to the game and engine. It's going to take awhile until they have a decent grasp on the code base they inherited.

Personally, I've got more than my money's worth from the game, and anything new at this point is just a bonus.

• Wolfe_Protocol
    82 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics