ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• toxicFrag
    Original poster 17 posts

Expertise requires tons of craft materials to upgrade stuff. Right now the best way to get them is to farm Solar Farm location.
    Especially I experience permanent lack of green mats (steel, polycarbonate and ceramic).
    Can we get more materials from deconstructing or/and in-game activities?
    Can we buy craft caches for Countdown credits?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Merphee
    119 posts

@toxicFrag Yep.

There needs to be an official source or sources that provide a heap of crafting materials. Daily and Weekly projects should be one of those sources. Kenly College could be another. Summit Challenges could also reward Crafting Materials Caches.

• SuspiciousPixel
    588 posts

@Merphee Definitely needs to be more.

It's not a problem for players with high enough SHD level who boost through WONY with friends in an hour. The SHD points then transfer to the fresh level 40 character leaving them with tens of thousands of scavenging points to use towards printer filaments etc

If Massive took that "oversight" away, more players would see the issue and request that there should be more sources to obtain materials.

• GnarlyAtol1793
    738 posts

@SuspiciousPixel

boost through WONY with friends in an hour. The SHD points then transfer to the fresh level 40 character leaving them with tens of thousands of scavenging points“

that’s the biggest exploit in this game which needs to be deleted

• GnarlyAtol1793
    738 posts

I am no fan of Expertise at all, the opposite is true, I despise it and see it as the worst addition to the game because of multiple reasons.

But nevertheless I did it. In around 2 month of playing, mainly my usual activities which are missions and open world content, I reached level 20. The only exceptions were probably around 30 Countdown runs to get the required named items and some exotics. In addition I made a bunch of rounds floor 10 to make exotics, named items and some skills proficient, wanted to boost to get rid of Expertise. But without floor 10 it would have taken 2 weeks more.

Materials I only used for making items proficient I do not have, eg the ones from special events.

Considering that Experise should be a longterm thing it went quite quick and can be done by normal playing.

• Traumahawk
    182 posts

@toxicFrag Countdown is the best way to get materials. I've been at 20 for over a month. Farm gear mods and decontruct them without even looking them and use printer filament for expterise as your primary material. Everything else is extra. Countdown is also where I get all my exotics at. I have 6 exotics at 15 or higher, I have 3 skills at 20. I buy them from the vendor and deconstruct them every 3-4 games. Nothing in the game right now offers 1-2 exotics an hour AFAIK and not many people I play with have as much things upgraded so....

• ArthurFriend
    178 posts
    Considering that Experise should be a longterm thing it went quite quick and can be done by normal playing.

And still you decided to use an exploit to speed things up.

But I anyway see gaining expertise and upgrading items as two different things. Expertise really does not need to be sped up. The sheer number of plyers that have already reached expertise level 18 or above is a valid proof for that. But simply in order to make the daily or weekly projects more interesting I could really imagine a random number of a random blue and a random green material being added to the rewards.

Suggested Topics